Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > Civic Type-R Turbo to have 280+ hp

Author
Thread
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

The CTR "paint job" at the car show looked very much like a wrap to me, but you couldn't get close enough to verify.

Originally posted by Disoblige
Well, at least this would be one of the rare times that the production model looks like the "prototype", whether for better or worse.

Its true. I'll never understand why auto makers bring these absurd "prototypes" that never in a million years would a production car look anything like. Waste of space at the show IMHO.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-20-2017 07:00 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Canmorite
Second Gear

What I drive: Das Fahrenheit
Posts/Day: 0.49
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
The CTR "paint job" at the car show looked very much like a wrap to me, but you couldn't get close enough to verify.

Honda rep said it was a wrap, not an official paint colour/from factory.

Originally posted by 89coupe
I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

Old Post 03-20-2017 09:26 PM
Canmorite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Canmorite Click here to Send Canmorite a Private Message Find more posts by Canmorite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redlined_8000
First Gear

What I drive: 6.2L V8, 4.8L V8, 2.0L 4 cyl.
Posts/Day: 0.35
Trader Rating: (18)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Am I the only one that think it looks sweet? lol.

Engine bay is nice looking.... Nice slim design with fake carbon fiber and classic red cover.

Championship white is life.

Im excited for this car. Not buying one and I think my Golf R is a better car but this Type R is nothing to hate on. At least Honda actually made a performance car for once. Still behind the times, I admit. But it is what it is.

Old Post 03-20-2017 09:30 PM
Redlined_8000 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Redlined_8000 Click here to Send Redlined_8000 a Private Message Find more posts by Redlined_8000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

quote:

I don't mind the look, especially from certain angles, but it is definitely a little bit 'over the top'. No different than an STI or similar though really. Probably so fun to drive that you forget about the boy-racer looks pretty quick. I have a feeling they will have done some extremely impressive things despite it being FWD. Also if they are rating that motor the same way as the other Civics, it's significantly more powerful than the press materials suggest.

Old Post 03-20-2017 09:39 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darkane
Second Gear

What I drive: N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
Posts/Day: 0.43
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
I don't mind the look, especially from certain angles, but it is definitely a little bit 'over the top'. No different than an STI or similar though really. Probably so fun to drive that you forget about the boy-racer looks pretty quick. I have a feeling they will have done some extremely impressive things despite it being FWD. Also if they are rating that motor the same way as the other Civics, it's significantly more powerful than the press materials suggest.

Yeah, I agree. I like it but I don't love it. Everything is functional and unless it's x3 more msrp it's difficult to have everything in one package.

Speaking to the power level, the previous generation had 306bhp (Europe 98 Ron) and was trapping 105-106 in the quarter. That's hustling. This model should be good for another 1-2mph.

That's actually really impressive considering a mustang GT traps 110-112 and to put that into perspective, It'll likely be neck and neck at our altitude from a roll. That's retarded for a 42k fwd car.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Originally posted by hadookin
nice box... to bad that nigs face is in it

Old Post 03-20-2017 09:51 PM
Darkane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darkane Click here to Send Darkane a Private Message Find more posts by Darkane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hurrdurr
First Gear

What I drive: xJUAN
Posts/Day: 0.17
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

I actually quite like this iteration of the Type R. I just cant justify the cost. Would be nice as an AWD

Old Post 03-21-2017 09:16 PM
hurrdurr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hurrdurr Click here to Send hurrdurr a Private Message Find more posts by hurrdurr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Swank
Neutral

What I drive: 2007 Civic Si
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

Still no news on the Si since Nov 2016, or did I miss it? I'm hoping it's around 240hp/210tq and ~$35K. Being toned down appearance-wise appeals to me a lot.

Old Post 03-21-2017 10:52 PM
Swank is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Swank Click here to Send Swank a Private Message Find more posts by Swank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

quote:

Originally posted by Swank
Still no news on the Si since Nov 2016, or did I miss it? I'm hoping it's around 240hp/210tq and ~$35K. Being toned down appearance-wise appeals to me a lot.

I'm hoping the same, then I'll swap my current hatch lease for that in ~2 years.

I was thinking the same as you - if I can get more performance and avoid the "Type R" look, that might be a good compromise.

I haven't seen a shred of news except for that it will use the 1.5T and availability this summer. I don't even know if it will be available in hatch form, since the press materials show a coupe. No hatch = no interest though for me.

The Civic Sport already makes around roughly 205 HP / 218 TQ if you believe the dyno numbers, and weighs under 3000 lbs, so the Si will probably be a pretty fun little car if it adds another 20% or so power to that.

Last edited by Mitsu3000gt on 03-22-2017 at 06:09 PM

Old Post 03-22-2017 06:06 PM
Swank
Neutral

What I drive: 2007 Civic Si
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

I've only heard coupe and sedan for the Si, fortunately for me I'm a coupe man for life. Summer is in 3-6 months, I can't see them hitting that target unless again there are only like 2 per dealership that you had to pre-order at birth

Old Post 03-22-2017 06:13 PM
Swank is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Swank Click here to Send Swank a Private Message Find more posts by Swank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
heavyD
Fifth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MK7 Golf R
Posts/Day: 1.39
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

I imagine the Si will be build in North America and coupe/sedan only. Do any other markets outside of North America even get the Si? Wouldn't make sense to manufacture a North American only version overseas.

Old Post 03-22-2017 06:58 PM
heavyD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for heavyD Click here to Send heavyD a Private Message Find more posts by heavyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darkane
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by heavyD
I imagine the Si will be build in North America and coupe/sedan only. Do any other markets outside of North America even get the Si? Wouldn't make sense to manufacture a North American only version overseas.

You're right. No plans for a hatchback.

All Si's are built in Alliston I think. Proudly Canadian produced!

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Old Post 03-22-2017 08:43 PM
Darkane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darkane Click here to Send Darkane a Private Message Find more posts by Darkane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverRex
Second Gear

What I drive: a tank
Posts/Day: 0.33
Trader Rating: (44)

quote:

how often does a car comes factory and it has enough aftermarket taste that you dont really need to tinker with anything. I think it looked better in person during the auto show last week.

2009 STI AWD
2004 TSX
2002 WRX
2000 Celica GT

Old Post 03-22-2017 08:52 PM
SilverRex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SilverRex Click here to Send SilverRex a Private Message Visit SilverRex's homepage! Find more posts by SilverRex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
born2workoncars

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Nice little boy racer, will look good with some 'RIP Paul Walker' stickers on it

Old Post 03-23-2017 10:27 PM
born2workoncars is offline Click Here to See the Profile for born2workoncars Click here to Send born2workoncars a Private Message Find more posts by born2workoncars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darkane
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by born2workoncars
Nice little boy racer, will look good with some 'RIP Paul Walker' stickers on it

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Old Post 03-23-2017 11:38 PM
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

quote:

I read today the Si is getting 192 lb/ft of torque, which is less than the base 1.5T (192lb/ft at the wheels for a non-sport on 87 octane), so either that number is similarly underrated (probably), or it won't be much of a jump from the Sport. If it only comes in Sedan/Coupe, I am secretly hoping it's not too much of a jump up from the Sport

Last edited by Mitsu3000gt on 03-24-2017 at 08:25 PM

Old Post 03-24-2017 08:17 PM
tehwegz
First Gear

What I drive: Fo'ST
Posts/Day: 0.15
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

http://jalopnik.com/the-next-honda-...ue-f-1793635515

Interesting if they advertise power at the wheels.

Still kind of disappointed though considering these will go for $30k, the Type R at $50k.

GTI on a stage 1 flash alone is making 290whp/350lb-ft or something crazy as they come with a good factory turbo and the 2.0L displacement.

Fo'ST on the stage 1 Cobb will get 250whp/300lb-ft with its tiny turbo.

Both FoST and GTI put down ~270wtq stock.

Fiesta ST says Hi as well...advertised 201hp/220lb-ft (1.6T)

Cobalt SS turbo...260lb-ft, Speed3...280lb-ft, SRT4...265lb-ft

Elantra Sport, Veloster Turbo, Forte5 Turbo: 195lb-ft (that 1.6T they use)

Old Post 03-25-2017 11:49 PM
tehwegz is online now Click Here to See the Profile for tehwegz Click here to Send tehwegz a Private Message Find more posts by tehwegz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Team_Mclaren

What I drive: F10M / GS450H
Posts/Day: 1.07
Trader Rating: (26)

quote:

Originally posted by tehwegz

blahblahblah

When you compare cars you have to go stock for stock. all your non-sense is completely irrelevant.

Old Post 03-26-2017 08:23 AM
Team_Mclaren is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team_Mclaren Click here to Send Team_Mclaren a Private Message Find more posts by Team_Mclaren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tehwegz
First Gear

What I drive: Fo'ST
Posts/Day: 0.15
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

When you compare cars you have to go stock for stock. all your non-sense is completely irrelevant.

lol I only put the modified GTI/FoST numbers because those are the only two that really interest me if paying 30k for a turbo FWD compact type car, good to know the out the box potential even if it's meaningless to most people. Maybe stir up some discussion on a car enthusiast forum.

Everyone knows these cars are going to get modified given the demographic of people buying them, and easy aftermarket access/availability. Maybe not right away, as some will want to keep their warranty.

Stock VS Stock GTI and FoST are putting down at least 270wtq, which is advertised twist for the FoST, slightly above advertised for the GTI.

But looking at what a junkyard Honda D15/D16 on boost can do, I don't doubt a Honda with small displacement and "Earth Dreams". An EX-T Touring I drove was very nice, very refined. Better than some current model BMW's I've driven especially comparing the $ spent more just for status symbol.

Old Post 03-26-2017 05:44 PM
tehwegz is online now Click Here to See the Profile for tehwegz Click here to Send tehwegz a Private Message Find more posts by tehwegz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 05:56 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > Civic Type-R Turbo to have 280+ hp

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: