Quantcast
The all new 2016 Toyota Tacoma - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The all new 2016 Toyota Tacoma

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-14-2019 at 01:20 PM.

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    I have to say I expected bigger and better things for the new Taco. Everything from the engine, to the drivetrain, to the styling is underwhelming.

I think in a back to back review the new Frontier is going to kill this
    Yup, cracks me up how some people are so quick to jump on the Toyota bandwagon when they really haven't offered up anything all that new.

Now the Mini-Duramax in the new Canyon That will be a sweet ass truck.
    -U

I like it, can't wait to see it in person. The 2GR-FE v6 will be nice, I assume 270hp - same the other yota's/lex out there most likely.

I heard/read somewhere the limited comes with sunroof and leather? Can't remember where I saw that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by rage2
    I'm heading to the BC press event on Saturday. Any questions you would like me to ask?
    Ask how much MPG increase they expect with the Atkinson cycle vs. regular (Otto) cycle. Usually that's done with Hybrids.

I'm heading to the BC press event on Saturday. Any questions you would like me to ask?
    The Double Cab Short Box was never offered in Canada with an auto tranny, it was in the States however. I'd really like to know if they'll make it available in Canada this time around.

Lots of people criticizing Toyota with this new truck, not exciting, not that much different etc. Its hard to blame Toyota though. The current design is old as balls nothing fancy or flashy but they sell every one they make, have a die hard loyal fanbase, does another truck come close to holding its resale value? If you were Toyota execs you sat in a room going "Okay let's not fuck this up". Keep it simple, keep it the right size, improve fuel economy and increase power, count your dollars.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

The Double Cab Short Box was never offered in Canada with an auto tranny, it was in the States however. I'd really like to know if they'll make it available in Canada this time around.

Lots of people criticizing Toyota with this new truck, not exciting, not that much different etc. Its hard to blame Toyota though. The current design is old as balls nothing fancy or flashy but they sell every one they make, have a die hard loyal fanbase, does another truck come close to holding its resale value? If you were Toyota execs you sat in a room going "Okay let's not fuck this up". Keep it simple, keep it the right size, improve fuel economy and increase power, count your dollars.
    Agree.

The new Tacoma will kill the GM twins and the Nissan easily in sales with this new truck. No need for complex diesel or anything too fancy. Improve the tech inside the cab, get a bit better fuel economy and they have a winner.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Some quick answers to various questions here.

- There is a sunroof. Got pics of it.

- No TRD specific model, you build your own through TRD factory options such as suspension, which are available in every trim.

- Build starts in September in Texas. Hitting Canadian dealers mid October.

I'll answer more once I go through the media kit tonight.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I "stole" a used 2005 low mileage TRD Sport 6 speed Double Cab today from a private seller, no new model for me.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Some quick answers to various questions here.

- There is a sunroof. Got pics of it.

- No TRD specific model, you build your own through TRD factory options such as suspension, which are available in every trim.

- Build starts in September in Texas. Hitting Canadian dealers mid October.

I'll answer more once I go through the media kit tonight.
    We need to know the hp and torks!!
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Not sure if its worth the update IMO... looks like the same truck with a new exterior style and an unproven powertrain. The interior is quite nice but I think they tried to make it too 'car'like. I do like it, but dont think its worthy of the wait IMO

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

2GR with D4S is proven across all their other models. Toyota isn't known for being revolutionary but they really needed to improve fuel mileage and a smaller smarter engine and one more gear will really help.

The interior looks much better, and I really liked the 12' update when it happened.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Update on the Tacoma:

http://www.beyond.ca/toyota-complete...-bc/53006.html

Lots of interior pics, which weren't available to us back in Detroit.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Hatred

Big round last gen Jeep vents. Kind of Jeep looking nobs. Seat designs possibly from the 90s.. Kind of an interesting mishmash of interior items.
    -U

Originally posted by Aleks
    Agree.

The new Tacoma will kill the GM twins and the Nissan easily in sales with this new truck. No need for complex diesel or anything too fancy. Improve the tech inside the cab, get a bit better fuel economy and they have a winner.
    Really?

2015 year to date, the GM twins have sold 452,860 while the Tacoma has sold 105,834 - please do detail how the Tundra is going to more than quadruple it's sales when it has never sold more than 200,000 in one year in the past 15 years.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by speedog

Really?

2015 year to date, the GM twins have sold 452,860 while the Tacoma has sold 105,834 - please do detail how the Tundra is going to more than quadruple it's sales when it has never sold more than 200,000 in one year in the past 15 years.
    Easy there. Check your sources. You pulled numbers for the full size trucks.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...-market-share/

Midsize trucks don't sell well. Tacomas at 100k/yr is phenomenal. GM doesn't even have the plant capacity for half a million mid size trucks. Like come on now.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Unknown303
    Big round last gen Jeep vents. Kind of Jeep looking nobs. Seat designs possibly from the 90s.. Kind of an interesting mishmash of interior items.
    What's old is new again!

"Combined, the twins continue to trail the Toyota Tacoma by a wide margin and will continue to do so until one of two factors takes effect: either Tacoma sales will drop as the automaker prepares to launch a significantly revised 2016 model or GM will decide there’s enough demand to support increased production"

Is this new Tacoma revolutionary? Nope. Does it need to be? Nope.

By the time the new truck is in its 2nd or 3rd year of production with all the kinks worked out I'll be ready to replace the old 2005 my wife drives. When that time comes given the reliability and utility the old 2005 has provided it's going to be a tough argument for anything other than a new Tacoma.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    Silverado

I think speedog is confused as to what the intent of the original comment was

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

Also wait for sales numbers from the west coast. California loves Tacoma, and they will sell a bucket once released.

It would be funny if they release a spoof ad with a survey group comparing the new Taco to a HHR.

Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
    Also wait for sales numbers from the west coast. California loves Tacoma, and they will sell a bucket once released.
    When I'm down in Palm Springs every single guy running a yard or pool service is using a Tacoma to get around. Lots of the 2wd Pre-runners down there too.
    Toma the homophobe?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast