Quantcast
Camaro ZL1 Debuts in New York - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Camaro ZL1 Debuts in New York

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by SKR
    On second thought, maybe I do want a 6th gen.

That sounds terrible.

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Idle sounds fucking amazing but the revs sound shit. Why does every car have to snap crackle pop coming down from revs these days? So annoying

My Ride
    ute

Originally posted by b_t
    Idle sounds fucking amazing but the revs sound shit. Why does every car have to snap crackle pop coming down from revs these days? So annoying
    It's the new trendy thing. I think it's damn annoying.

It's the equivalent of fake side scoops that car companies were in love with 10 years ago.

My Ride
    GTIR->SE-R->RDX->SLT->S60->LS460

I think it sounds better stock, nice burble on gear changes:

Stupidity is a disease we all have, it's like a form of brain herpes. Outbreaks will occasionally occur.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by b_t
    You're crazy. I love that shit haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Same car with a dyno run and a burnout at the end.

2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

800/850 at the crank. Serious.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Prices are in!

69,200 was correct for the starting price. It seems we get a little screwed on the options.

Absolute base car with GST is $74,497.50

I optioned one not even crazy and it came out to 81+ with GST.

NAV is $800
    10sp is 1835
    Race data recorder is 1500
    Exposed carbon and interior carb combined about 1600

There's paint options too for 500-600.

SKR you buying?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

I probably will get one eventually. Just the A10 and the data recorder for me, maybe nav too but I didn't like Mylink in my 2014 so I'd probably just go aftermarket there.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

No Z/28, the aero package Camaro seen in testing was the ZL1 1LE. Just announced today at Daytona.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2018-...z28-successor/

2018 CHEVROLET CAMARO ZL1 1LE IS YOUR SUPERCHARGED Z/28 SUCCESSOR

Since its launch in 2012, the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 has developed a reputation for being the muscle car of the Camaro lineup. The debut of the 2017 Camaro ZL1 helped change that perception with its more track-capable performance, and now the surprise reveal of the ZL1 1LE turns the idea that the model is only good for burnouts completely on its head.

Chevrolet revealed the 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE at Daytona International Speeway ahead of this weekend’s Daytona 500. The car is essentially a mashup of the current ZL1 and the last-gen Z/28. The package will be offered as an option on any 2018 Camaro ZL1 coupe beginning this summer, and results in a 3-second quicker lap time around GM’s Milford Proving Grounds.

How is that achieved? The 1LE uses the same 650-hp, 650-lb-ft supercharged 6.2-liter LT4 V-8 as the standard ZL1, so all of the upgrades happen outside of the engine bay. The 1LE replaces the stock 285-width tires with 305s in the front and 325s in the rear. The tires are Goodyear’s new Eagle F1 Supercar 3R, the company’s first cup tire design. The tires were developed specifically for the ZL1 1LE and are the widest ever to appear on a factory Camaro.

The model also gets the DSSV spool-valve dampers that debuted on the Z/28 and just recently made it to the Chevy Colorado ZR2. The suspension features an adjustable ride height, solid-mounted front struts, adjustable camber plates, a hard-mounted rear cradle, and an adjustable rear anti-roll bar. The DSSV dampers contribute to weight savings of roughly 60 pounds compared to the standard ZL1 with its magnetorheological shocks.

The other big improvement is aero. The ZL1 1LE gets a carbon fiber rear wing, air deflectors and dive planes, and a new front splitter. The beloved Flowtie also returns, and the front grilles have been enlarged for better cooling. All LT4s have a new supercharger lid to reduce heat.

The ZL1 1LE will only be available with a six-speed manual transmission, just like the Z/28. Why not just call this a Z/28? Chevy says that name is reserved for naturally aspirated cars, and wouldn’t rule out a true Z/28 variant in the future. For now though, consider this your Z/28 successor. Camaro chief engineer Al Oppenheiser said this model is “not your daily driver,” but it is “a little more of a daily driver than the Z/28 was.”

Each ZL1 1LE gets a black hood wrap, clear carbon scoop, black taillights, and satin black mirrors. The car also gets Chevy’s eLSD, Positive Traction Management system, and Performance Data Recorder (PDR) as standard. The brakes are unchanged from the standard ZL1, and it has all the same launch and line lock features. Pricing hasn’t been announced yet, but figure around $63,000 for the 2018 ZL1 coupe plus several thousand for the 1LE package.

Source: GM
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    4x4 Abarth

Wow and that's in USD

This Camaro is insane.

My Ride
    ute

Motortrend just did a very, very glowing review of the car. If you have On Demand, it's on there.

My Ride

Originally posted by Buster
    Motortrend just did a very, very glowing review of the car. If you have On Demand, it's on there.
    The stock ZL1 is nuts. I can't believe they decided to make a 1LE version.

It might be faster than the Z06. That doesn't compute.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    a tank

the black one looks pretty mean, awesome modern day bat-mobile incarnation
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride

It's funny how many people are mad about this new 1LE. Even though we've known it was coming for a year or so, and I think there was even video of it and the regular ZL1 in camo at Nurburgring, there's still people who are furious.

Mad because they feel like they got tricked by GM into buying a ZL1 when GM knew there was going to be a ZL1 1LE.
    Mad because it's called ZL1 1LE instead of Z/28
    Mad because it's faster than a ZL1, but looks like a ricermobile because of the aero package (even though that's part of what makes it faster)
    Mad because the aero isn't easily removeable
    Mad because it doesn't look there's going to be an A10 option
    Mad because it's not a stripped down car like the 5th gen Z/28
    Mad because it's going to be expensive
    Mad because everyone thought it was going to be the new Z/28, and now that it's not, there must be a Z/28 coming with even further enhancements
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

I doubt the Z/28 will happen. Perhaps in the Camaro7 platform but not this one. Al O stated he didn't want an unpure Z/28 if it was FI.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Man these cars are performance bargains. I wish they did more with the styling especially from the rear which is so generic.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Originally posted by SKR

Mad because the aero isn't easily removeable
    Mad because the ZL1 owners can't even buy the aero for their cars.

My Ride

GM released time and video of the ZL1 1LE run at Nurburgring. 7:16.04. 2017 ZL1 was 7:29.6, 2014 Z28 was 7:37.47.

I need to have one of these. To go to the Co-op to buy groceries.

Name:  zl1-1le-1498139172.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  199.4 KB
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

This and the civic type R are the absolute bargains for track performance right now.

This ZL1 is likely $82-85 Canadian which is a GREAT deal cheaper than the GT350R. I just wish it wasn't so.... Camero-y. I can't see out of the fucking thing. And I'm not just saying that. Sit in one it's insane how high the drivers bezel is. Mind boggling. I still love what this car means and does.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast