Quantcast
Re Cannabis. Wow things are tight. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Re Cannabis. Wow things are tight.

Originally posted by ercchry

It's a pain reliever and muscle relaxer, without the horrendous side effects that most prescriptions in those categories come with, also once you have a tolerance it's very easy to regulate your dosage without the typical "stoner" side effects

Incredibly sane choice for long term use vs pharma options
    Not true. the levels required for long term effect are usually toxic, well beyond actual medicine.

Like for Galucoma for example. http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama...article/264203

Pot should be legal, but lets call it what it is. Harmless recreational drug. It is not medicine. And in doses needed to even slightly match effective levels of medication, is when it becomes dangerous.

I'm sure the anti vaxxers are very excited though.
    Last edited by Gestalt; 02-16-2017 at 09:07 PM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    What is shatter? I looked on urban dictionary, but it wasn't clear. Answers ranged from paintball slang, to Meth, to regular weed.
    Shatter fucks you up quick. All you need to know.

I still don't know if my insurance will cover it.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 04:41 PM.

I take it you don't spend much time on google scholar?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by Gestalt

Not true. the levels required for long term effect are usually toxic, well beyond actual medicine
    Wtf are you talking about?! For medical symptoms you do not need the sensation of being high, hell 0.9% thc 8% cbd dosed the same way as a standard "hit" has just as much relief as having a pea sized dab of shatter... what do most people with chronic, long term pain get prescribed? A fucking opioid, which not only has nasty withdrawal affects which has led to a heroin epidemic in some areas of the states but makes it so you can't even have a nice shit without subsidizing your prescription with even more drugs... muscle relaxers? Name one that you can take for more than a month at a time? Celebrex? Yeah look how that turned out

Been living with this pain for a god damn decade, only been treating with cannabis for 2 or 3 years, before that I was anti-drug... never even a single toke in high school. till you live it you can't even begin to comprehend the day to day bullshit that long term prescription meds come with

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

There are better drugs for those symptoms.
    No there is not, see above

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Hey Dave, I'll head to bongs and such and grab one for you tomorrow. Meet me tomorrow eve/Saturday am?

My Ride

Pot fucks you up, plain and simple, like every drug. I am sure if you back hurt and you dropped a few hits of acid, or railed a line of meth you'd feel great too..
    LOL.

I smoke MM regularly (at least 5x a week). I also run a million dollar business, employ 8 people, and work 6 days a week.

Tell me again about how pot fucks me up. I'm dying to know.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

^^you don't have to smoke it... only old hippies still light shit on fire

Originally posted by A790

LOL.

I smoke MM regularly (at least 5x a week). I also run a million dollar business, employ 8 people, and work 6 days a week.

Tell me again about how pot fucks me up. I'm dying to know.
    His only exposure is from his childhood in BC, so I'm not overly surprised about his stance... I can't handle interacting with your typical "pot head" either

But it's amazing the difference between the sensation of being high as a part time recreational user vs having a tolerance, it's like alcohol... 90lbs teen girl is puking in the toilet after half a cooler, while the veteran alcoholic could pass a field sobriety test after half a bottle of jack

I personally don't even enjoy the recreational high that comes with medicating. I often purchase cbd only strains for just that reason, but yeah there is the odd time where I need a heavy indica, but I usually do that right before bed so I can sleep for 6 hours straight and rather not deal with the effects while awake

Smoking is only one of several ways of ingesting and some new studies are actually showing that to be false (again I'm guessing you don't use google scholar).

But assuming your arguement is true you are only saying the act of smoking is bad. This says almost nothing about the medicinal properties of cannabis.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

^^ I won't dispute that, but I was responding to:

So if you smoke it... then it fucks you up, and not in the way you'd like

Anyway, I am still not convinced that there are other long term side effects that are yet to be clinicially proven
    I'm sure there is, but if it was even remotely close to those of current meds we would of heard about them by now since the only studies that got funded in the states till recently were the ones about the negative effects, to keep the propaganda machine fed

Keep in mind that the reason that cannabis is illegal stems from a protectionist measure to keep cotton as the cash crop... not cause of "reefer madness"

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Pot fucks you up, plain and simple, like every drug. I am sure if you back hurt and you dropped a few hits of acid, or railed a line of meth you'd feel great too
    This also seems relevant

^^ I won't dispute that, but I was responding to:

So if you smoke it... then it fucks you up, and not in the way you'd like

Anyway, I am still not convinced that there are other long term side effects that are yet to be clinicially proven
    Think about this, even if I give you that the jury is still out on medicinal marijuana. The jury is not out on alcohol, drinking is not at all good for you the long term effects are known and they aren't good. you Can and people do regularly die from over consumption. So who are the "idiots" here? People consuming something with known detrimental effects and zero benefits or the people consuming something that may have medicinal benefits and you cannot possibly die from acute overconsumption?

I used to think like you, but research and empirical evidence made me do a complete 180 on my ignorant views.

Its pretty niave to think patients on chemo, those fighting severe back pain for years, those with MS, Parkinson's or other debilitating diseases are just wanting to "get high" and should instead be on mind numbing prescribed opioids....

Edit: no I don't do pot and yes I drink so I am one of the idiots I was referring to above. I actually can't wait for pot to be legalized. I haven't done it in 14 years but I fully plan on replacing drinking with edibles. My body will thank me for it too
    Last edited by J-hop; 02-16-2017 at 10:49 PM.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

I have my card max boost....

Did the cashier survive the wrath of C_Dave? Did you tell her how to run a business and call her names for following government enforced regulations?

It makes sense that you and the wife smoke shatter at night.....

My Ride

I'm not going to deny that smoking regularly or abusing pot isn't bad for your lungs. Of course it is, and nobody says otherwise. Smoking anything is bad for your lungs.

There are lots of ways to ingest post, and it doesn't need to involve the lungs. You already know this.

There is a lot of data that supports the claim that responsible use of pot doesn't add significant health risks. Note the word "responsible". That's important.

Besides, making arguments on the basis of lung health ignores a much larger issue that ercchry has already touched on.

Regarding its medicinal value, I'd prefer to let the actual science speak for itself. There is a lot of information out there to reinforce some of its claimed benefits. There are also studies that highlight its negatives. The same can be said for aspirin.

Rather than get into it, I'd rather let the science make its own case. It's up to you to make your own judgement based on what it says.

Regarding the comments regarding toxic dosages, and glaucoma specifically: no medical community has ever said pot can treat glaucoma. No optometrist, ophthalmologist, or any other eye professional has made that claim. Gestalt, posting a study that reinforces why no eye care professional makes that recommendation is a little misleading, don't you think?

Finally, millions of people use pot. Some use it irresponsibly, some use it responsibly. Like any substance that has the potential for abuse, that fact alone doesn't make it bad.

You can actually smoke pot up to 4 times per week and be classified as a non-smoker for life insurance. If a company as conservative as a big lifeco has done the research and finds no negative long term effects from occasional/recreational use, I would think it's pretty safe.

My Ride
    Ford

Just hit some nice flavored THC distillate. even Stronger then shatter. 92% thc compared to like 80% shatter or 20% in a joint.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

Science made its case. Pot is next to useless medically. I posted an article above.

The only weed that has any potential are specifically isolated chemical extracts, often available synthetically, injected, that have no high properties at all. Has nothing in common with the stuff we are talking about here.

I smoke here and there.it's important we don't lie to ourselves why we do it.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast