Quantcast
Robbed at the Gym - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbed at the Gym

My Ride
    an econo box

My gym you have to scan your FOB to even open the front door.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by KrisYYC
    My gym you have to scan fob to open TWO doors

My Ride
    Pushbroom

That's what bugs me. What do I pay a membership for? I expect that because I pay a membership, the only other people who get in have also paid a membership. And I expect some policy or procedure in place to ensure that everyone who walks in has a membership. That's not the case here clearly.

I don't think I was that unrealistic in expecting that when I LOCK my shit in a LOCKER in what's supposed to be a SECURE gym, that I should be able to leave my valuables in there without worrying.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by KrisYYC
    Same with Goodlife.

You scan tag to get in. But there is no way for the front desk to figure out if you are really owner of your fobs.

That's too bad. But I guess they pick 11:30am weekday for a reason, not enough traffic in the locker room. Rush hour usually had way too many people in the locker room to pull that off.

Front desk is too young to play security/bouncer role. But may be they need to update their security policy/protocol tho. That's my gym too but I only go after work and the amount of traffic is insane at that time.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 03-26-2017 at 08:59 AM.

Had my car broken into at the parking lot of goodlife, bunch of low life pricks!!!

I wonder if using those small lockers by the massage chairs for wallet / phone would be better?

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

I once had my wallet stolen from my car at Gold's Gym when it was at Northland.

The new gym I go to has some lockers that are in the main thoroughfare near the reception (they're not in the change rooms). I opt to lock my stuff up in one of those lockers as I am thinking that being in plain sight is a deterrent. While in the change rooms a thief is out of sight of cameras and foot traffic if its not busy.

Generally speaking, yeah...probably not wise to put any valuables in a locker at a gym but the alternatives are somewhat inconvenient....but less so once someone robs you. Gotta make the best choice and hope nothing bad happens. This is the world we live in.

Originally posted by Xtrema

Same with Goodlife.

You scan tag to get in. But there is no way for the front desk to figure out if you are really owner of your fobs.

That's too bad. But I guess they pick 11:30am weekday for a reason, not enough traffic in the locker room. Rush hour usually had way too many people in the locker room to pull that off.

Front desk is too young to play security/bouncer role. But may be they need to update their security policy/protocol tho. That's my gym too but I only go after work and the amount of traffic is insane at that time.
    At world health your picture pops up when you scan, pretty sure GoodLife is the same.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Are you guys taking your concerns to the manager of the facility or the employees they have working at the door? You have to take your complaints as high as possible or chances are nobody will give a crap. If the manager of the gym doesn't care then you have to ask if you still want to do business with them.

Originally posted by heavyD
    Are you guys taking your concerns to the manager of the facility or the employees they have working at the door? You have to take your complaints as high as possible or chances are nobody will give a crap. If the manager of the gym doesn't care then you have to ask if you still want to do business with them.
    Sometimes it's not that simple. Some of us are locked into contracts which are nigh on impossible to break. So now you're stuck paying for 2 gym memberships?
    Last edited by R154; 03-27-2017 at 08:21 AM.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by revelations
    This is exactly why nothing of value goes in the gym locker. In fact I've never once locked up my shit, the bag just has a change of clothes. The assholes assume if your door is not locked that you have nothing to steal.
    Sidenote, you and every other @$$hole that does this causes me to have to open 40 lockers before I find one I can use.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by jwslam

Sidenote, you and every other @$$hole that does this causes me to have to open 40 lockers before I find one I can use.
    Oddly enough, I always find a locker in the farthest corner

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

That's rough, one of the reasons I cancelled my goodlife membership was how unsecure the locker room was at that exact location. There seems to never be any staff to make sure someone doesn't just walk by.

I go to Winsport now. much more secure lockers but the price difference is substantial.

I haven't locked a locker as long as I can remember.

Gyms are prowler territory. Nothing new. Don't bring anything of value

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Gestalt
    I haven't locked a locker as long as I can remember.

Gyms are prowler territory. Nothing new. Don't bring anything of value
    I'm not saying the lock is of any security, I'm saying the lock is an indicator that that locker is in use, instead of me having to open 40 of them to find one I can use.

Also tells thieves that are short on time which one are occupied and more likely to have something good in it.

And your gym must be really busy. I usually end up with same locker.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

LOL I was about to say the same thing. Lock your shit up! And the only reason i say that is so i can find a fucking locker for my stuff faster haha

Originally posted by J-hop

At world health your picture pops up when you scan, pretty sure GoodLife is the same.
    Same at Anytime Fitness. If they are paying attention, they can instantly see if you're the correct person.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Been out of town for work the last couple days, haven't even had time to get a new wallet or ID yet... Heading into the gym right away once I stop at Canadian Tire and get a new lock that is. I'm going to speak with the manager and see if I can raise the concern of why that beater asshole was let into the gym in the first place.

Pro gym tip. Get a fingerprint safe, the thin ones, bolt it under your car seat. Leave wallet and cash there

Then, nothing in your locker but skid marks.

My Ride
    2005 F350

i hate people that do this as well. usually, i get frustrated and just take their stuff out and use the locker.

don't care about your stuff? why even put it in a locker? just leave it on a shelf or something and let someone else use the locker.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast