Quantcast
automotive key cutting - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: automotive key cutting

My Ride
    fg2

Default automotive key cutting

hey does anyone know of a good place to get car keys copied?

trying to get a new key made for my altezza. i went to calgary lock and safe, and they did a horrible job and the copy looks nothing like the original and does not work at all, and they won't "warranty" or guarantee their work because it was my own blank key i brought in and didn't buy it from them or some such nonsense.

it's the type of key that is square on the outside and the middle is cut out. just need a straight physical copy, no transponder programming or anything.

anyone have a recommendation of a reliable place in town to copy such a key?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Lowes/Canadian Tire?
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

I’ve had keys cut at CT and they’ve turned out fine...if you have a blank they will cut it for free in my experience.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lowes/Canadian Tire?
    Yup Walmart also. Canadian Tire always does a good job. Generally when I need a key cut ( off topic) it’s straight to the old Retiree at Home Depot. Always perfect
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Aboe lockworks on Center has always cut my bike/car/truck keys for me. Unless it's a built in FOB, they always have some ultra rare keys in stock. Never an issue. Cheap too, $5/key
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"