Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Buyer Beware - Intact Insurance Manager called me an "idiot" via email

Author
Thread
suntan
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.24
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

When my car had hail damage the lady I dealt with at Intact was a super-bitch. She hated her job and took it out on her clients. She was totally unhelpful as well when problems with their recommended body shop happened. Eventually I talked to her manager who was aghast at her behaviour. She took over my claim and was much nicer.

The adjuster for the house hail damage was super-nice and very helpful, though.

When my car was rear-ended the guy was really nice but not very bright. Still he helped out as best he could.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-06-2017 10:11 PM
suntan is online now Click Here to See the Profile for suntan Click here to Send suntan a Private Message Find more posts by suntan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

max_boost
Beyond Bully

What I drive: nothing special :(
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (31)
User Rating: 123%

quote:

Dealt with intact 3x, nothing bad to say.

Old Post 04-06-2017 10:22 PM
max_boost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for max_boost Click here to Send max_boost a Private Message Find more posts by max_boost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: E90M3 510 Wagon
Posts/Day: 1.51
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Dealt with them once when I only had liability... was a shit show

Then once when my parked car got hit (had full coverage) and it went smooth, contemporary was on their list of shops so all was well, sure it would of been a bitch if I wanted a shop out of their network though

Edit: whoops, the good experience was aviva

Last edited by ercchry on 04-06-2017 at 10:47 PM

Old Post 04-06-2017 10:39 PM
ercchry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G-ZUS
Fourth Gear

What I drive: Blue boy
Posts/Day: 1.23
Trader Rating: (124)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Originally posted by ercchry
Dealt with them once when I only had liability... was a shit show

Then once when my parked car got hit (had full coverage) and it went smooth, contemporary was on their list of shops so all was well, sure it would of been a bitch if I wanted a shop out of their network though

My adjuster was totally OK with me taking my car to Maranellos, I don't think it was in their network

Old Post 04-06-2017 10:45 PM
G-ZUS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G-ZUS Click here to Send G-ZUS a Private Message Find more posts by G-ZUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.65
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 104%

quote:

1 - When did Touchstone become an insurance company? Aren't they just insurance brokers - comparing brokers to insurance companies is like saying an apple is an orange.

2 - Shit, I'm glad I'm with AMA for my insurance needs. Have never had an issue with them in the 37 years I've been with them. They've gone to bat for us multiple times in all sorts of situations and always they've represented us as we would've expected.

Old Post 04-06-2017 11:29 PM
speedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A790
PC Principal

What I drive: A future rustbucket.
Posts/Day: 1.31
Trader Rating: (68)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Intact for several years and two claims (both auto and personal). No complaints at all.

Internet Marketing Solutions for Small Businesses & Niche Content Websites.

No contracts, just results. Websites, SEO, PPC, Content Creation. Learn more @ SimplifiedSEO.com (website under dev).

Old Post 04-06-2017 11:50 PM
A790 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A790 Click here to Send A790 a Private Message Find more posts by A790 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skrilla
First Gear

What I drive: This week?
Posts/Day: 0.16
User Rating: 100%

quote:

My parents shop burned down in October, just got their insurance money last week. Intact kept saying the cheque was in the mail yada yada...terrible experience.

Old Post 04-07-2017 01:37 AM
Skrilla is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skrilla Click here to Send Skrilla a Private Message Find more posts by Skrilla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BokCh0y
Third Gear

What I drive: GGL15, R53, JCE10, VZN170, BB6
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (74)

quote:

Originally posted by max_boost
Dealt with intact 3x, nothing bad to say.

2x here and both times were great.

Old Post 04-07-2017 02:45 AM
BokCh0y is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BokCh0y Click here to Send BokCh0y a Private Message Find more posts by BokCh0y Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tirebob
Forum Sponsor

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.39
Trader Rating: (33)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Two hail claims one year where both siding and roof got destroyed both times as well as incidentals on the house and property and both times went smooth enough. Initial inspections were contested both times and had zero issue getting the additions added because they were legit. I would recommend them.

Old Post 04-07-2017 02:47 AM
tirebob is online now Click Here to See the Profile for tirebob Click here to Send tirebob a Private Message Find more posts by tirebob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
googe
Banned

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.39
Trader Rating: (7)

quote:

Originally posted by Rat Fink
I've had to fight intact adjusters before. I had a car that was stolen, used in a robbery and high speed chase and was written off. The adjuster tried lowballing the shit out of me and I essentially doubled the offer after weeks of fighting with the guy. I was a college student at the time and needed all the money I could get. The car was in mint condition and just had a trans overhaul too, and neither the condition or the recent work was taken into account. I ended up playing dirty just like the adjuster. I got his personal phone number and started calling at 6:30am, and late at night as well just to "chat" and see how my claim was going. He gave me a speech about how I'm taking food off his table if he pays me more (BS) so I kept bugging him at really stupid times of the day until he caved in to offer what I wanted.....which was a fair price compared to multiple sale ads from similar equipped/condition cars. I wish I knew his name....there were a lot of yelling matches on the phone with that prick.

The other 3 cars I have had written off have all received offers that were higher than what I paid for the car though and all of the Intact staff were very friendly in all the other cases. I guess it's luck of the draw on who you get.

Hahaha awesome. Do you offer asshole-for-hire services?

Just got hit by someone for the 3rd time in a year, I am sick of dealing with insurance companies. I've picked up a few tricks of my own, someone should compile them all into a thread...

Old Post 04-07-2017 06:29 AM
googe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for googe Click here to Send googe a Private Message Find more posts by googe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The_Penguin
Neutral

What I drive: '10 CTS
Posts/Day: 0.11

quote:

My broker wanted to move me from Intact to Aviva to save about $100 /year.
I said, no thanks. Have had 3 claims in the last few years, all were handled very well by Intact.

Old Post 04-07-2017 01:24 PM
The_Penguin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The_Penguin Click here to Send The_Penguin a Private Message Find more posts by The_Penguin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive: Japanese functionality, Swedish style.
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Either all you guys are incredibly unlucky, or I'm very lucky. I haven't had a claim of any kind (home or auto) in over a decade

Old Post 04-07-2017 02:02 PM
Tik-Tok is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwslam
Second Gear

What I drive: is easy to spot
Posts/Day: 0.43
Trader Rating: (61)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by ercchry
would of

Still haven't figured that shit out after being called on it so many times eh?

Last edited by jwslam on 04-07-2017 at 02:34 PM

Old Post 04-07-2017 02:32 PM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
suntan
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.24

quote:

Give him a break, all his brain cells are used for important engineering.

Old Post 04-07-2017 04:18 PM
suntan is online now Click Here to See the Profile for suntan Click here to Send suntan a Private Message Find more posts by suntan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Second Gear

What I drive: J35Y2
Posts/Day: 1.23
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Very unprofessional, I'm also insured through touchstone, I think we use Aviva or Intact can't recall. Hopefully never have to deal with a claim. It's amazing how rude people can be over the internet/phone. It sure tends to change in person though!

Old Post 04-07-2017 04:27 PM
Hallowed_point is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
403ep3
Second Gear

What I drive: TDi
Posts/Day: 0.41
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Went with Aviva, through a broker last year, and both Aviva and the broker are useless. Once our claim is done we are leaving Aviva.

Old Post 04-07-2017 04:52 PM
403ep3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 403ep3 Click here to Send 403ep3 a Private Message Find more posts by 403ep3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

I'm one of the touchstone clients who had pretty bad experiences with Aviva on a home claim. I'm looking forward to Intact.

Have never had issues on an auto claim, and I've had about ten of them over the years with various companies. All easy to deal with.

Old Post 04-07-2017 04:55 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
riander5
First Gear

What I drive: Lexus IS250
Posts/Day: 0.14
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Im with touchstone and our car was hit and went through aviva. Pricks were willing to tear the car apart when they shop quoted 10k minimum (may be damage under body panels) and the cars market value was 11k.

Argued with them and eventually they wrote it off. Was pretty audacious that they even considered the repair though..

Old Post 04-07-2017 05:14 PM
riander5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for riander5 Click here to Send riander5 a Private Message Find more posts by riander5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:50 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Buyer Beware - Intact Insurance Manager called me an "idiot" via email

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: