Quantcast
Hot Tub Movers (crane) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hot Tub Movers (crane)

My Ride
    ////M

Default Hot Tub Movers (crane)

Anyone have any contacts to move a hot tub with a picker? There is only one on kijiji and they wont call me back. Need a fairly large reach (basically a lot length)

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

that is going to be quite expensive, as the longer the boom goes out, the stronger the hydrolics have to be on the truck, thus requiring a bigger truck, meaning more money.

your best bet if possible, if you don't have an alley, since you say you are looking for one that can reach the back of your lot, is to try and put it on it's side, and wheel it as close as possible to the front of your property, that way the truck required is smaller, and thus costing less.

I would not be surprised to hear the crane rental being ~$1500+ for the size of crane you are looking for. Might be more economical to leave it behind and get something new...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    ////M

Hmm shitty I was hoping for less than $1k. A buddy is giving me his hot tub if I can get it out of there. We will have to see if we can wheel it out the side of the house... thanks for the cost estimate
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yo bro, are you from that goat Calgary car forum that get salty over lawn care, land rovers and circumcisions? That's straight fire.

I had a crane deliver my hottub. Had to reach from the street, over some trees and down onto the patio. Cost was around $385.

*edit* Sorry....not even that. Crane was $110/hour, total bill was $176.55. I'll post pics here in a minute.

Last edited by C_Dave45; 06-11-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Why do you need a crane? Is it not on ground level? Once a tub is drained it isn't that heavy. 2-4 people can easily flip this onto a cart to wheel it out of a yard.

I have a 6-7 person tub and it was delivered by 2 people and they made it look very easy.

My Ride
    99 Blazer

What company was that Dave? That seems really cheap, but you can get it done in the 300 range for sure. Are there any power lines around the hot tub? I can help you out with this but it won't be cheaper than the price already posted.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

yeah man, if you can get the crane for under $500 that can reach from the front to the back of the yard, then do it. but in your pics, it looks like it was having trouble clearing the back of the house...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

It was no trouble at all. The whole thing took about 15 minutes. The tough part was trying to swing the tub over the glass railing without hitting the soffit. It's an easy lift. A stinger crane isn't as expensive as you think. Company was H&H Crane.

Last edited by Cos; 01-02-2017 at 10:02 AM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Man just get 6 guys, a trolley and roll er' into your yard. Easy.

My Ride
    SpecB

I never create my own threads, I just bump old ones..
    related: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/386065/hot-tub-on-existing-deck/

Just seeing if anyone has anything to contribute to this thread. I'm just starting to call around Calgary as we have a similar situation where a crane looks to be needed to move a hot tub, so maybe someone has recent experience of who (or who not) to use??

Our set up looks damn near impossible. however I'm never actually seen how a crane operates/know their capabilities and they "got it in" there somehow..

Anyways.. don't need my hand held too much - I'll follow up with some of the people above (I'm sure people love getting PM's about 2 year old posts heh) as well as the companies mentioned.. and we'll be calling random shops that come up on "hot tub" + "crane" + "over house" google search for some more ideas.

Thanks in advance

If nothing else, I may have a nifty (hopefully non-blooper)photo to share soon..
    Signatures are dumb..

Originally posted by Gart
    I never create my own threads, I just bump old ones..
    related: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/386065/hot-tub-on-existing-deck/

Just seeing if anyone has anything to contribute to this thread. I'm just starting to call around Calgary as we have a similar situation where a crane looks to be needed to move a hot tub, so maybe someone has recent experience of who (or who not) to use??

Our set up looks damn near impossible. however I'm never actually seen how a crane operates/know their capabilities and they "got it in" there somehow..

Anyways.. don't need my hand held too much - I'll follow up with some of the people above (I'm sure people love getting PM's about 2 year old posts heh) as well as the companies mentioned.. and we'll be calling random shops that come up on "hot tub" + "crane" + "over house" google search for some more ideas.

Thanks in advance

If nothing else, I may have a nifty (hopefully non-blooper)photo to share soon..
    Uhhh. ..why not just call H&H Crane?

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

I have a buddy that can do this for you. It'll be less then $500 all in. PM if you're interested and I'll send you his contact info. I've actually borrowed his to move a hot tub and it worked out just fine. I believe he has 80ft reach.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

$500?!!

My Ride
    SpecB

Originally posted by C_Dave45

Uhhh. ..why not just call H&H Crane?
    I did actually. 'Was my first call.
    (Thread was ~2 years old, was just fishing for recent info as I see the knowledgeable people of beyond hiding in the home and garden section, and have gotten quite a bit of help here over the years).

Originally posted by ddduke
    I have a buddy that can do this for you. It'll be less then $500 all in. PM if you're interested and I'll send you his contact info. I've actually borrowed his to move a hot tub and it worked out just fine. I believe he has 80ft reach.
    Thanks! I'll send you a PM if we need another option here this ~week (after we get some free time outside of work to scope it out a bit better/more detail).
    Signatures are dumb..

So what'd they quote you? What's their rate for that crane now? I'm sure it's gone up some.

My Ride
    SpecB

So what'd they quote you? What's their rate for that crane now? I'm sure it's gone up some.
    Ah weird.. You don't have a PM button apparently..

H&H said earliest they could come take a look was Friday. I didn't inquire as to their crane rate over the phone, but can let you know when I find out as you seem interested.
    Signatures are dumb..

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

$500?!!
    I dunno man, I said less the $500.

Crane is just under $185/hr with I believe a 2 hr minimum. Maybe the guy needs it transported too.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    99 Blazer

H&h is around 190hr not sure if f they have the deck space to carry a hot tub. Let me know what they tell you and I'll come take a look as we briefly talked about.
    P. S minimum charge is an hour travel an an hour lift. So if it takes 30 min to load 30 min to drive and 30mins to unload bill is 2.5hrs. Don't be fooled.

Wow, rates have gone up. I'm gonna have to raise mine!
    Yeah I paid $110/hr for the crane and they charged me 1.5 hours. They didn't transport.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast