Quantcast
The all new 2016 Toyota Tacoma - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The all new 2016 Toyota Tacoma

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by speedog

Really?

2015 year to date, the GM twins have sold 452,860 while the Tacoma has sold 105,834 - please do detail how the Tundra is going to more than quadruple it's sales when it has never sold more than 200,000 in one year in the past 15 years.
    I think I see where the confusion is. You mention Tundra and Tacoma in the same sentence.

GM twins (Canyon/Colorado) have sold 66,455 YTD. Compared to 105,834 for Tacoma, so I think it's safe to assume the new version will continue to dominate the market.

My Ride
    Silverado

Anyone have one yet? or more detailed build / price information?

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    I was pretty seriously considering one. However Toyota in their infinite wisdom is not offering a DCSB w/ A/T. So it looks like I'll be driving this one till the wheels fall off.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

I was pretty seriously considering one. However Toyota in their infinite wisdom is not offering a DCSB w/ A/T. So it looks like I'll be driving this one till the wheels fall off.
    That's odd? By the time you put the long box on a double cab the thing is pretty much the same size as a half ton. Part of the appeal of a mid-size truck like this is the smaller footprint. I can only assume that past sales figures drove this decision.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    Production is just starting now. They're not here till ~mid October.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by Masked Bandit

That's odd? By the time you put the long box on a double cab the thing is pretty much the same size as a half ton. Part of the appeal of a mid-size truck like this is the smaller footprint. I can only assume that past sales figures drove this decision.
    Nobody can figure it out. There's a couple models available in the States we won't get, and even a config we get that the States doesn't. I find it hard to believe the demand for these trucks differs that much between countries.

I have a DCSB A/T that was imported, someone leaves a note on it weekly asking if I'd sell it. On the rare occasion its at the dealer pretty much every service advisor, a handful of sales guys and techs ask if I'd sell because they or someone they know would be interested. Mine is the Off-road model, so double cab, short box, rear locker, auto tranny.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Toma the homophobe?

My neighbour has a DCSB Taco with the TRD package and auto tranny I believe. Guessing it's imported from the U.S.?

I've always wondered why Toyota never brought the short box with auto tranny here, I'd like one in the future haha

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I assume it's just wanted for better off-road prowess as I was so relieved to be out of a 5' box and into a 6' with my new Tacoma. That 5' box on my old vehicle was fucking useless lol, it's amazing what a foot can do!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride

IIRC they didn't have that here for the last gen, either. Really not sure why...

The DCSB has always been manual only here. You can get an Access cab short box.

As for the 5' vs 6' box. Off-road capability is part of it. I prefer the look of the short box as well. To be honest I don't drive ours much, my wife does. She had the chance to drive a long box Tacoma for a week and said the extra length made it more cumbersome for her to park and shit.

Strangely enough you can't get the off-road model, double cab in a long box up here either.
    Toma the homophobe?

For reference. Configurations offered in Canada.

The 2016 Toyota Tacoma is available in eight models, as follows:

Tacoma 4x2 Access Cab Automatic Transmission
    This model features the powerful and efficient 2.7L four-cylinder engine, a six-speed Super ECT automatic transmission, a six-foot cargo bed, plus an impressive list of standard features including six speakers, 6.1” Display Audio System with Voice Recognition, leather-wrapped steering wheel with tilt/telescopic steering column, driver’s side window auto-down function, fold-up rear seats, 16” alloy wheels, and more.

Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab Manual Transmission – SR+
    This model features the 2.7L four-cylinder engine, a five-speed manual transmission, a six-foot cargo bed, plus a well-appointed list of standard equipment. These include: six speakers, 6.1” Display Audio System with Voice Recognition, backup camera, a tilting/telescopic steering column with mounted audio controls, fold-up rear seats, and 16” alloy wheels.

Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab Automatic Transmission – SR5
    This model features the 2.7L four-cylinder engine, a six-speed automatic Super ECT transmission, a six-foot cargo bed, plus additional standard equipment including a 6.1” deluxe Display Audio System with Advanced Voice Recognition, integrated XM Satellite Radio, leather-wrapped steering wheel, SR5 grade fabric seats, 4.2” multi-information display, 16” SR5 alloy wheels, rear privacy glass, chrome rear bumper ends, colour-keyed fender flares and mirrors; plus more.

Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab V6 Manual Transmission – TRD OFF-ROAD
    This model features the new 3.5L Atkinson-cycle V6, a six-speed manual transmission, electronic throttle control system with intelligence, a six-foot cargo bed, Bilstein shock absorbers, and all-terrain tires. Building on the Access Cab, the TRD OFF-ROAD adds a 7” premium Display Audio System, Navigation system, dual-zone automatic climate control, leather-wrapped shift knob, heated front sport seats, TRD grade fabric seats, auto-dimming rear view mirror with compass, power windows with driver and front passenger auto up/down, integrated garage door opener, anti-theft system, unique mesh grille, TRD decals, Class IV trailer hitch with 7-pin trailer wiring harness, 400-watt power outlet in cargo bed, LED daytime running lights, mirror integrated signal lamps, front skid plate, 16” TRD OFF-ROAD alloy wheels, splash guards, and black fender flares.

Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab V6 Automatic Transmission – SR5
    Complete with the 3.5L Atkinson-cycle V6 engine this SR5 V6 model also builds on the Access Cab model adding an auto-dimming rear view mirror with compass, leather-wrapped shift knob, Class IV trailer hitch with 7-pin trailer wiring harness, and a 400-watt power outlet in cargo bed.

· This model may be enhanced with the available TRD OFF-ROAD Package, which adds: 4-wheel Crawl Control, Multi-Terrain Select, Rear differential lock, Fuel tank and transfer case protector plates, Bilstein shock absorbers, All-terrain tires, Dual-zone automatic climate control, Smart Key System with Push Button Start, Premium 7” Display Audio System with Navigation, heated front sport seats, TRD grade seat fabric, integrated garage door opener, TRD grade exterior details, Anti-theft system, LED daytime running lights, front skid plate, and auto up/down function for front windows

Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab V6 Manual Transmission – TRD SPORT
    Equipped with the new 3.5L Atkinson-cycle V6 and a five-foot cargo bed. Building on the TRD OFF-ROAD Access Cab model, this model adds 60/40 split folding rear seats with fold-out seat cushion, 17” alloy wheels, colour-keyed rear bumper ends and fender flares, front air dam, and hood scoop, in addition to seating for five.

· This model may be enhanced with the available TRD SPORT UPGRADE Package, which adds Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert System, Qi wireless charging system, and a power moonroof

Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab V6 Automatic Transmission – SR5
    Running on the new 3.5L Atkinson-cycle V6, This model includes: six speakers, a 6.1” deluxe Display Audio System with Advanced Voice Recognition, integrated XM Satellite Radio, 60/40 split folding rear seats with fold-out seat cushion, SR5 grade seat fabric, 16” SR5 alloy wheels, Class IV trailer hitch with 7-pin trailer wiring harness, and more.

This model may be enhanced with a choice of two available upgrade packages:
    · The TRD SPORT Package adds 17” alloy wheels, LED brake lamps, heated front seats, unique exterior details, hood scoop, Smart Key System with Push Button Start, dual-zone automatic climate control, Premium 7” Display Audio System with Navigation, sport-tuned suspension, front sport seats clad in TRD grade fabric, TRD decals, integrated garage door opener, front air dam, anti-theft system, LED daytime running lights, and power windows with driver and front passenger auto up/down function, colour-keyed bumpers, door handles, and fender flares

· The TRD SPORT UPGRADE Package builds on this, adding Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert System, Qi wireless charging system, and a power moonroof

Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab V6 Automatic Transmission – LIMITED
    This top-tier model features the new 3.5L Atkinson-cycle V6 engine, a six-foot cargo bed, plus a wealth of standard equipment. These include Premium JBL Display Audio system with seven speakers, Navigation, advanced voice recognition, dual-zone automatic climate control, heated front sport seats, premium leather seating, Smart Key System with Push Button Start, Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert System, clearance and back-up sensors, Qi wireless charging system, power moonroof, unique exterior details, LED daytime running lights, front air dam, 17” alloy wheels, mirror integrated signal lamps,Class IV trailer hitch with 7-pin trailer wiring harness, chrome side step bars, and exterior chrome accents.
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Strangely enough you can't get the off-road model, double cab in a long box up here either.
    That pissed me off.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

That pissed me off.
    You and a shit ton of other people.

3 out of the 8 configurations offered are 4cyl, is there really that much demand for it? I can't believe it's even offered, it's a dinosaur, I think it gets the same or worse gas mileage as the new V6, and makes half the power

The configurations offered in the 2nd generation didn't make a lot of sense, but the general consensus was Toyota Canada would change that with the new model. Guess not.
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    Grimace

^^There was a good article about the 4cyl
    http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-4-...ess-1724669002

That’s right, the 2.7-liter four-cylinder has less than half the horsepower of the new 3.5-liter V6 and can only beat it by 2 MPG at most and the bigger engine has the top efficiency spec. Wanna spreadsheet this sucker? Take a look up close, any positive numbers on the far right column indicates the four cylinder does better. As you can see, it’s slim pickin’s:
    I like this truck but still don't get the drum brakes as a 'feature'

Originally posted by schocker
    ^^There was a good article about the 4cyl
    http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-4-...ess-1724669002

I like this truck but still don't get the drum brakes as a 'feature'
    When it comes to what's being offered to Canadians for 2016 there's a lot to shake your head at. The drum brakes don't bother me, 4 wheel disks would be overkill, that being said I wouldn't advertise them as a "feature" lol.
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Jeez. What a disappointment Toyota. If you're gonna go retro, go all the way.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Yeah the more im seeing the more I love my 2015.

My Ride

Originally posted by OTown
    Yeah the more im seeing the more I love my 2015.
    Ditto for our 2014 haha

Yup, mines an 05 and it looks like I'll have it for awhile longer.
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Is anyone else disappointed that after 10 years this is the best they could do?

I guess there hasn't been much competition so why bother but still. Although the more I think about it, most Toyota products aren't really competitive or have good specs, but they sell well to people that only care about reliability...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast