Quantcast
Camaro ZL1 Debuts in New York - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Camaro ZL1 Debuts in New York

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Canadian pricing is in, build and price is available online.

Starting price is $69,200 plus freight. 10 speed automatic is a $1650 option. There's a bunch of appearance options I don't care about. I'd add navigation for $795, and with freight it's under $73,000 plus tax.

I guess I'll start saving up my pennies. Can't really afford not to have one at that price.

Edit: Apparently there are more options than what's listed on GM's site, so you might be able to push the price up higher. It's too early in the morning to do any detective work to see what options are missing from the build and price thing.
    Last edited by SKR; 10-16-2016 at 09:06 AM.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by SKR
    Canadian pricing is in, build and price is available online.

Starting price is $69,200 plus freight. 10 speed automatic is a $1650 option. There's a bunch of appearance options I don't care about. I'd add navigation for $795, and with freight it's under $73,000 plus tax.

I guess I'll start saving up my pennies. Can't really afford not to have one at that price.

Edit: Apparently there are more options than what's listed on GM's site, so you might be able to push the price up higher. It's too early in the morning to do any detective work to see what options are missing from the build and price thing.
    Wow. That's a great price, I was wrong big time.

Damn I have to check this out!
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

I cant build one on the site. No option.

Link it here, or screenshot. My friend who is general sales manager of a dealer here in town said he has to check but didn't feel like it's out yet?

Anyway I want to believe /Mulder

Edit: not sure I buy this pricing yet. First off, the A10 option isn't even available on the US site.

Something isn't jiving. Why would they release the information on a weekend?
    Last edited by Darkane; 10-16-2016 at 01:42 PM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    LNF

Originally posted by Darkane
    I cant build one on the site. No option.

Link it here, or screenshot. My friend who is general sales manager of a dealer here in town said he has to check but didn't feel like it's out yet?

Anyway I want to believe /Mulder

Edit: not sure I buy this pricing yet. First off, the A10 option isn't even available on the US site.

Something isn't jiving. Why would they release the information on a weekend?
    Go to build and price.. Select a vehicle and click 2017 Camaro. That is the key.. then it will work!

My Ride

Yeah a weekend is odd, especially when the US site doesn't have pricing yet. And it's not that easy to find if you're not looking for it.

The screenshot cuts off the navigation option, which is $795. Go to chevrolet.ca, go to shopping tools, go to build and price, and pick 2017 Camaro to build it yourself.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Originally posted by SKR

You are practically making money!!
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Is the 1LE (SS Performance Package) on the build and price yet?

My Ride
    LNF

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
    Is the 1LE (SS Performance Package) on the build and price yet?
    Not yet.. I practically check daily for the 1LE

My Ride

I've been trying on the mobile page through my iPhone. No go.

Anyway I was checking out camaro6 and a few of the are baffled how the 10sp is so cheap.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Now the A10 option has been taken off. Not sure why. Maybe just because the A10s won't be available right away.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

News on this front. Official Canadian pricing is nowhere to be found.

The ZL1 build configure tool is live in the states for employees only. The 10sp is a $1600 USD option.

I'm thinking my original prediction was correct for price. Let's see.

Edit: We still can build one on the Canadian site. Seems to be 74k OTD base model.

I wish Chevrolet would release a press statement.
    Last edited by Darkane; 10-28-2016 at 12:38 PM.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

I feel like GM did this on purpose just to publicly humiliate me.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

Originally posted by SKR
    I feel like GM did this on purpose just to publicly humiliate me.
    Isn't it arriving at dealers right away? Why are they making it so hard to take our money.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

At least 1 US dealer has received one. I don't know about Canadian dealers yet.

I don't care until the A10 is available, and I don't think that's coming until spring. Plus I'm flat ass broke. It's no wonder GM has such disinterest in keeping me in the loop.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

More bullshit for Canadian buyers.

Deliveries have taken place in the states, the first dyno videos are out (554/532tq). I made some inquiries and low and behold no Canadian deliveries until feb/march.

Canadian pricing will not be released until about 4 weeks prior to the first deliveries here. It'll be expensive, I wish it'll be as much as listed up top here, not likely however.

I can't even order one, dealers only had 2-3 allocations. WTF, this isn't a limited production vehicle GM.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by Darkane
    More bullshit for Canadian buyers.

Deliveries have taken place in the states, the first dyno videos are out (554/532tq). I made some inquiries and low and behold no Canadian deliveries until feb/march.

Canadian pricing will not be released until about 4 weeks prior to the first deliveries here. It'll be expensive, I wish it'll be as much as listed up top here, not likely however.

I can't even order one, dealers only had 2-3 allocations. WTF, this isn't a limited production vehicle GM.
    I can build a ZL1 on the Canadian website right now?

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Originally posted by KRyn

I can build a ZL1 on the Canadian website right now?
    same price one out at ~$76,000

My Ride

I see they upped the price of the A10, was $1650 now it's $1835. I think that's the only thing I like over the 5th gen.

Maybe they're not too worried about Canadian deliveries because most of us won't be able to drive them until spring anyway.

Edit: I think if I was really in the market for a car, I'd put a lot of thought into a 5th gen Z28. I make a lot of bad decisions.
    Last edited by SKR; 11-24-2016 at 02:25 PM.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

On second thought, maybe I do want a 6th gen.

2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

I'm not really sure what's happening with the pricing, but it does appear to be going up on the build and price. Initially we were OTD for 71 or so. I priced at 74, now it appears 76.

I can say with certainty dealers do not have MSRP yet. Not sure what the disconnect is. Carcost still has no price either.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast