Quantcast
2017 Golf Thread - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Golf Thread

Originally posted by Dumbass17
    Went to the golf show today. Don't bother.
    Agreed. They need to seriously refresh that show. Also, the "deals" are not great at all. I got an M1 3 wood for my brother in law a week ago for 199, brand NEW. Demo's were selling for like 239 or 249 at the show. Awful.
    "Uptight user on beyond.ca" - Micheal Platt

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

I used Ted and Dave Custom Golf to bend my new irons flat and it was a disaster. Save your money and go elsewhere. Lyle at Simply Golf does much better work, but I was in hurry, and decided to give these guys a shot. It was the worst mistake I made with my brand new irons. They charge more than their competitors, and I thought that would have been reflected in the work they do, but I was clearly wrong. My irons came back damaged and dirty. No apology was given for the damage done to the clubs, just a lame explanation to a customer who knows better - you can bend irons without damaging them. He tried fixing the dents in the hosel by polishing them out. It was a complete joke. Also, since my clubs were there for work, you would expect them give them a quick wipe, but they came back dirtier than when I dropped them off.

Golf Town does better work, and that's a sad truth.

My Ride
    Macan GTS

You all should check out Golf Traders in south Calgary, Macleod Tr near Anderson. He has new, demo and used stuff for kick ass prices. Bought a PING cadence putter new for $150 cheaper than at GT. Also got a demo of the new PING G driver with stiff shaft for $330. The owner is a nice guy too.
    Last edited by kJUMP; 04-19-2017 at 02:54 PM.

My Ride
    V8s

So, what are everyone's thoughts on the 4-shot penalty that cost Lexi a major title this weekend?

I think it's complete BS, no wonder golf is a shrinking sport. What kid is going to want to play a sport when they see shit like that happen on TV to one of their favorite players?

It's outrageous that the LPGA takes officiating advice from couch potatoes, even after the round is over. Especially on an infraction as inconsequential as that one was.

My Ride
    2005 F350

Originally posted by cjblair
    So, what are everyone's thoughts on the 4-shot penalty that cost Lexi a major title this weekend?

I think it's complete BS, no wonder golf is a shrinking sport. What kid is going to want to play a sport when they see shit like that happen on TV to one of their favorite players?

It's outrageous that the LPGA takes officiating advice from couch potatoes, even after the round is over. Especially on an infraction as inconsequential as that one was.
    they really need to change many of the stupid rules that golf has. it is ridiculous.

my friends and i follow the "casual golf rules" which keep the game fun, instead of stupid.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

What was the penalty for? Didn't watch.

I thought they just addressed this with the recent changes?

Playing with someone who insists on following EVERY rule is the most aggravating experience known to man.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

It's stupid how they call the penalty on a previous round. If they aren't going to call it when it happens then it should never be called.

It is interesting for sure.

What if someone watched a major from 10 years ago and saw an error? Would they change the results?

I am not 100% but does every group have an official that stays with them all day? If they don't enforce it then, it shouldn't count.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by killramos
    Playing with someone who insists on following EVERY rule is the most aggravating experience known to man.
    I don't mind playing "all" the rules, but once someone starts chirping me about my play, I'll start breaking every one just to piss them off. Most of the folks I play with regularly know better. Most of them beat me regularly too. It all works out.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Lariat

I got out to Silverwing on Saturday. Was pretty good for the first round of the year. I shot a 92 despite having four 8s on my card. It was super windy all day that added an interesting element to the round but it was fun playing with the wind and using it to my advantage in some cases
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    V8s

Got an email yesterday, Pinebrook opens on Thursday

Have a Monday morning tee time at Glen Eagles as well.

Damn you forecast! Make up your mind!!!
    Monday said 18mm of rain on saturday
    Thursday said 15C and sunshine on saturday
    Now it's calling for a bit of rain again.

Boo-urns

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Started getting emails from the membership director today. Valley ridge opening Wednesday and driving range is now open!

So do I golf Saturday or study for my exam Saturday night....

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

So far got 3 rounds in with Nam.

Last friday was the best weather we've had. The previous fri/sat were a bit chilly and very windy at times. Elbow is in a bit tough shape this early in season but to be expected. So far 90/88/83 are the rounds.

My Ride
    V8s

Got out on Monday with a buddy (Glen Eagles), shot an 89. I'm pretty happy with that being my first round of the year, and first round with new irons, wedges, and putter haha. The putter is a much better fit for my stroke, saved me probably 4-5 on the scorecard.

Now, if this effing snow would just stop I could start playing my home course again.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Booked a time for my first game of the year tomorrow late morning. Looks like weather won't be a complete disaster *knock on wood*.

Hoping for the best, it will be nice to get out and off the range again. Feeling like I have a better base for my swing than last year but that isn't saying much.

If I get into the swing of things I'd like to reward myself with an m2 wood. Wishful thinking in all likelihood.

fact.

Originally posted by killramos
    Booked a time for my first game of the year tomorrow late morning. Looks like weather won't be a complete disaster *knock on wood*.

Hoping for the best, it will be nice to get out and off the range again. Feeling like I have a better base for my swing than last year but that isn't saying much.

If I get into the swing of things I'd like to reward myself with an m2 wood. Wishful thinking in all likelihood.
    If you end up getting that M2 wood I would definitely go with last years... I have tested Taylormade's last year woods and drivers to this new years models several times and the previous year is always superior. Could be different for you of course, but I have a hard time believing the increased cost for this year's model is worth it.
    "Uptight user on beyond.ca" - Micheal Platt

Looking to play this weekend.

Any courses open that are worth playing?

Playing my first round on Saturday at Speargrass.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by FullFledgedYYC

If you end up getting that M2 wood I would definitely go with last years... I have tested Taylormade's last year woods and drivers to this new years models several times and the previous year is always superior. Could be different for you of course, but I have a hard time believing the increased cost for this year's model is worth it.
    I'm debating with an m2 or a cobra right now and will probably go with last years in either case. Might give a used club from one of the traders a try.

So far (1 round) I am not playing well enough to reward myself haha. No worse than end of last season though which is a small victory.

fact.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast