cps allegedly beat up old man in traffic stop - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: cps allegedly beat up old man in traffic stop

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

some of them are masters at baiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Everyone jumping on the "cops beat up the poor old man" band wagon. Have any of you at all read the CPS statement?, and furthermore do you not all remember a similar incident a few years ago with a dentist near Camrose and an Alberta Sheriff?. The video showed a very different picture, and the Sheriff sued. Don't be so quick to judge. This is a reason I don't post on here much. The majority are cop bashers hiding behind a keyboard, with nothing more than an opinion and no facts.

CPS statement: “The version of events we currently have is very different from that being portrayed by this individual – hence the importance of a thorough investigation.”
    Last edited by Traffic_Cop; 04-26-2017 at 07:09 PM.

the guy was known to police and part of an alert investigation of which they clearly botched by arresting him without proper evidence. In the process the guys severely injured, then released and sent to the hospital.

If someones severely injured and not charged shouldnt the police come forward with facts?

Both sides are throwing out allegations but only one person was hospitalized.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Just another reason why cops need body cams.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by Traffic_Cop
    Everyone jumping on the "cops beat up the poor old man" band wagon. Have any of you at all read the CPS statement?, and furthermore do you not all remember a similar incident a few years ago with a dentist near Camrose and an Alberta Sheriff?. The video showed a very different picture, and the Sheriff sued. Don't be so quick to judge. This is a reason I don't post on here much. The majority are cop bashers hiding behind a keyboard, with nothing more than an opinion and no facts.

CPS statement: “The version of events we currently have is very different from that being portrayed by this individual – hence the importance of a thorough investigation.”
    That was one case where a member SUED someone over their conduct..... lol

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by gwill
    the guy was known to police and part of an alert investigation of which they clearly botched by arresting him without proper evidence. In the process the guys severely injured, then released and sent to the hospital.

If someones severely injured and not charged shouldnt the police come forward with facts?

Your personal history has you so biased, and that's fine, but you're smarter than this.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Originally posted by revelations

That was one case where a member SUED someone over their conduct..... lol
    So what's your point here?. Unfortunately many departments will not allow its members to sue, or even charge someone for mischief even if the allegations are blatant lies. The fear is it will stop members of the public with legitimate claims coming forward.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

I'll wait to hear the other side of the story before jumping down anyone's throats here.

I have a friend who is a cop in Toronto who personally got accused of doing something he didn't do by a member of the public. I won't go into too many details but basically my friend got attacked, defended himself, backup showed up and it took 3 of them to get this guy on the ground and restrained. Then a few days later, out comes the police brutality nonsense. Guy had this whole other story about what happened. Even when it's so obvious that the guy is making crap up they have to investigate, and then the media got a hold of it and it really took off. Next thing you know my friends life is hell for several weeks, getting accused of stuff not just from the public, but from colleagues as well. Lucky for him there ended up being a camera near where it happened that showed the truth and it was able to all go away.

Personally, if I was a cop, I'd have a hard time trusting anyone in the public these days. I remember a few years ago I was at a train station and this crazy girl was absolutely smacking the crap out of some guy, so my girlfriend at the time called the cops. When they show up this girl absolutely lost her shit, starting yelling at the cops and when they tried to calm her down she slapped one of them, screaming "Get away from me, you can't touch me, I'll sue, fuck you!" yadda yadda yadda.

So the cops tried to get a hold of her, and that was the moment another train comes in and a bunch of people get off. Well these people didn't see what happened to lead up to any of this, they just see 2 cops struggling with this crazy cunt. So sure enough there's a bunch of dumbasses in that new group that start protesting, saying they're being too rough with her, one guy pulls out the cell phone camera, etc. I wanted to lose it on these idiots, they didn't see anything else that happened and didn't know that this bitch should be in jail. Sure enough, seeing that she's getting this kind of 'support' from onlookers just makes the girl start fighting back even more, luckily then was when more officers arrived and were able to get the crazy broad into a car.

Always two sides to the story folks. People see the bleeding hearts on social media and think they can profit off of this type of thing and it's fucking disgusting. I'm not saying police brutality doesn't happen but after seeing these stories, the one from a few years ago with that dentist in Camrose, and there was even another one a few weeks ago in Edmonton, I always wait to hear both sides of the story. I definitely trust cops more than I trust your average jackass, that's for sure
    Last edited by btimbit; 04-26-2017 at 08:52 PM.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by Traffic_Cop

So what's your point here?. Unfortunately many departments will not allow its members to sue, or even charge someone for mischief even if the allegations are blatant lies. The fear is it will stop members of the public with legitimate claims coming forward.
    My point was that it was pretty appalling behaviour from the complainant to warrant a civil lawsuit from a LEO.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 05:31 PM.

Originally posted by gwill

How do you know it was botched and they didn't have evidence? I always find it interesting how you seem to know more than the rest of us and can draw a hard conclusion about all matters police related. Please, divulge to us your insider knowledge.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    The optics certainly do not look good, but we have all seen stories like this turn out to be something entirely different. I kind of have a feeling this is how it will play out.

I watched the video where he pulls out... you can't really see if it is a manual there, but when he goes to drive away he clearly shifts and prepares to drive forward while the car is still moving backwards which is something you can only really do in a manual.

If it is manual, then putting it in neutral with the e-brake on is really the only thing you can do unless you turn the engine off
    Whether or not the car is a manual is irrelevant to my point.

Read my 2 posts on that again.

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

I think cps after incidents like this should be tested for steroids.
    Roid rage.Then again he was lucky he could've fallen down the stairs or pushed thru elevator doors and down the shaft or his cell door might of been left unlocked. Lots of mistakes under custody. Heads or Tails.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

Originally posted by cancer man
    I think cps after incidents like this should be tested for steroids.
    Roid rage.Then again he was lucky he could've fallen down the stairs or pushed thru elevator doors and down the shaft or his cell door might of been left unlocked. Lots of mistakes under custody. Heads or Tails.
    I agree, they think they are above the law. I've witnessed too many situations where the police attitude is worse of then a juiced up bouncer standing at electric avenue.

With the use of social media now you see so many videos of police misconduct (most of them in the states) but there are cases in Canada as well. If police want a better reputation they should get rid of the bad apples instead of protecting them. If they don't then we assume all of them are bad, similar to a farmer who if he doesn't get rid of his bad apples the whole crop will eventually be bad.

There also needs to be more training for CPS, they are involved in many drug overdose deaths where they can't tell the difference of someone paranoid on drugs or if they are trying to resist arrest causing fatal heart attacks. I feel that they always resort to violence or force for EVERY situation and they place themselves in these situations where they are being judged for their amount of force.

Stop hiring nerds that were picked on and start lifting weights and feel like they have something to prove.

My Ride
    G37X

I also wonder what CPS's policy is on HGH/Steroids. I've seen some suspiciously jacked members who don't exactly look natural for 40-50 year old men.

Further to btimbit's comment about dealing with an out of control woman, he's bang on. One of the worst nights I had as a security guard was dealing with a 120 lb native woman with long nails. The optics of it are always terrible, because joe public tends to side with the woman, regardless of the crazy shit that she did to cause the end result. Thank god this was before camera phones became so common. Everyone wants to be the world star type bystander these days when it's just a case of a shitty situation dealing with someone who won't cooperate.

Originally posted by jabjab

They think they are above the law / snip / stop hiring nerds that were picked on and start lifting weights and feel like they have something to prove.
    Exactly.

Let's face the truth. You're delusion if you think the typical cop's motivation to becoming a a cop is to "Serve & Protect". A couple of true motivators?

1) Low self esteem typically caused by authoritarian parents and or bullies. As an adult, they retaliate against the pain by entering into a field in which they are the authoritarian aggressor.

2) Oddly similar, yet somewhat opposite to the above. That is, a childhood bully that enters the field so he can continue to be a bully.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Originally posted by lilmira
    http://globalnews.ca/news/3407779/ca...-traffic-stop/

case closed?
    Well well well.

My Ride
    G37X

I'm glad that an apology was issued and that the nominal costs will be covered. But I don't like how it appears that there was misconduct and this behavior will likely be repeated. Tough to comment with the lack of information on what exactly transpired though.

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
    I'm glad that an apology was issued and that the nominal costs will be covered.
    If the victim is going to accept the services from all the lawyers knocking down his door today, then us taxpayers are going to pay a hell of a lot more in "nominal cost".

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast