Quantcast
Renting house - ex grow-op - not disclosed - health issues - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Renting house - ex grow-op - not disclosed - health issues

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Renting house - ex grow-op - not disclosed - health issues

Originally posted by Rocket1k78

I thought you were joking about the low IQ part but im beginning to think not
    You're lucky it came to an amicable agreement, if you were renting my place and wait till the second last day of the month to inform me of a mould problem(that had to have been going on for awhile) and want to break a lease and want your dd back you'd better believe were going to court if you think im going to give you the dd back.

The landlord is a total POS for not disclosing the grow op but as a renter you have a responsibility to let the landlord know of any issues too so unless you had magic over night mould i still dont understand WHY YOU DECIDED TO WAIT TIL THE LAST MINUTE to let him know? Its not like you're going to be on the hook for the remediation of it. I would love to be a renter and just live care free and call my land lord with any problems lol
    Yikes!

Maybe consider a new method of income? You seem stressed out!

Basement is rarely used, so up until this point plausible deniability coupled with a strong desire to remain at the property (good deal, good location, good landlord) explains the lack of further investigation.

Mould likely increased over the past month due to higher levels of humidity (heavy snowfall + thaw + warm wet March + poor foundation sealing) and this would explain a rapid increase in aspergilius contamination.

Once it was established that this was likely the case (jumping to conclusions) and after an investigation with the landlord (who agreed it was unhealthy to live in the house, and that the mould was significantly worse than when he gutted the basement) it makes zero sense to remain in a contaminated house.

Thanks for the heads up - good to know there's some seriously bitter landlords out there! If you have any further objections, I'd love to hear them.

LOL You got me on the bitter part. Im just fed up with tenants acting like idiots and getting away with it(not you personally). My bad for taking it out on you
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2