Quantcast
NDP trying to unionize engineers - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NDP trying to unionize engineers

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Unions are part of a mixed market, not part of free market capitalism
    No. Regulation is against free markets.

And no such thing as free market capitalism.

It's either free markets, or capitalism. Very different.
    Last edited by Gestalt; 03-31-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Not sure if I'm reading this right, but this would apply to engineers that work for companies where the labor force is already unionized, right?

Would not apply to workplaces that are currently non-union?

If that's correct, it'll provide a strong disincentive to work for those unionized companies.
    Correct... You would be forcibly unionized if for example you worked as an engineer in a union shop so for example Enmax, City of Calgary, CP, CN, etc...

Seems like the techs are out pissing and moaning in the engineering threads again.

Chip on their shoulders?
    Last edited by mazdavirgin; 03-31-2017 at 02:19 PM.

My Ride
    2002 330xi, 1992 Miata, 1996 Spec Miata, 2012 Ram

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NDP trying to unionize engineers

Originally posted by Gestalt

You are giving yourself WAY to much credit.

No one is in danger if an engineer on strike. This is not about doing your job badly. This is about public danger if you went on strike.

Christ, they can't change a car tire without their wives help. In some life threatening emergency, we could just call a 2 year sait grad to save us from the engineers on strike apocalypse.
    Just because you haven't encountered an engineer that is directly responsible for issues of public safety does not mean they do not exist. But after having read a lot of your posts I don't expect you to understand how that could be the case. Keep being an uninformed fool.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

You seem to be the only one with a chip on your shoulder. Do we need a "where did the union touch you?" diagram? You're the only one bringing up differences. Sorry, can a mod change the thread title to "engineer union hate circle jerk only pinky rings allowed" thread?

I just find it amusing how much of a hate on some of you have for unions. JR at best has a right to his opinion with experience, but that is the experience of one person. Most of you have read some articles in the National Post and called it a day lol.

If unions did half the outright evil crap some corporations do, I could see your arguments. Otherwise, it mainly sounds like sour grapes

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    You seem to be the only one with a chip on your shoulder. Do we need a "where did the union touch you?" diagram? You're the only one bringing up differences. Sorry, can a mod change the thread title to "engineer union hate circle jerk only pinky rings allowed" thread?

I just find it amusing how much of a hate on some of you have for unions. JR at best has a right to his opinion with experience, but that is the experience of one person. Most of you have read some articles in the National Post and called it a day lol.

If unions did half the outright evil crap some corporations do, I could see your arguments. Otherwise, it mainly sounds like sour grapes
    You're not impacted by the changes so why do you feel the need to apparently come in here and tell us all how great it's going to be to have to join unions against our will?

There's a big difference between joining a union willingly and being forced to become part of a union.

But again the second we post about engineering issues we get a bunch of techs with chips on their shoulders posting nonsense about how engineers are useless yada yada or how they apparently can't change tires.

Yeah we get you guys need to come to the internet to talk yourselves and your lack of education up but frankly we don't care so maybe go make your own thread to bitch about engineers...

I didn't even need to open the thread to know who would be spouting garbage in here.

My Ride
    Bicycle

That's it guys, please help Greg built up Alberta party so I can vote NDP out as PC is no longer my party.

You jelly

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

You're not impacted by the changes so why do you feel the need to apparently come in here and tell us all how great it's going to be to have to join unions against our will?
    First, you don't have to join a union against your will, holy overreaction. Second, I never said unions were great (this is one of the most hilarious parts, you suffer so badly from UDS that you just completely make things up) You keep saying that, but its really not the case. But even if it were, as a lot on here like to trot out the old tired saying, "you don't have to work there".

There's a big difference between joining a union willingly and being forced to become part of a union.
    I agree.

But again the second we post about engineering issues we get a bunch of techs with chips on their shoulders posting nonsense about how engineers are useless yada yada or how they apparently can't change tires.
    Well that wasn't me. And the most disparaging thing I've said is for someone to take some odd morally righteous stance that them being an engineer and being part of APEGA gives them some weird sense of duty which is complete crap, almost evangelical

Yeah we get you guys need to come to the internet to talk yourselves and your lack of education up but frankly we don't care so maybe go make your own thread to bitch about engineers...
    Seems like you just want to talk down, but that's alright, I don't particularly care about your little internet tantrums Does it make you feel better, getting all upset with some random person on the internet and insulting them? Does the big tough engineer need his bottle?

So basically, in short, you are a little bitch, get over yourself. Don't post in a public forum unless you want public commentary, I'm sure there must be an engineering forum for you to cry somewhere about your irrational, over the top hatred of unions

Originally posted by lasimmon

You jelly
    No, this shit is hilarious from people I assume to be actual adults

Also would really hate to see the shit show that would result if engineers have to deal with the bullshit of union seniority and strikes.
    What does this even mean? You do understand that a union does not HAVE to have a seniority clause, right? Some do, some don't. As for striking, please tell me of how many strikes you are aware of in Alberta in the last decade? I'll wait for you to find that info. But beyond that, I sincerely doubt anyone would notice if engineers went on strike, just like I sincerely doubt anyone would notice if I did
    Last edited by HiTempguy1; 03-31-2017 at 03:02 PM.

My Ride
    V8s

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NDP trying to unionize engineers

Originally posted by Stuart

*snip*
    Keep being an uninformed fool.
    Oh, he will. You can count on it.

First, you don't have to join a union against your will, holy overreaction. Second, I never said unions were great (this is one of the most hilarious parts, you suffer so badly from UDS that you just completely make things up) You keep saying that, but its really not the case. But even if it were, as a lot on here like to trot out the old tired saying, "you don't have to work

I agree.

Well that wasn't me. And the most disparaging thing I've said is for someone to take some odd morally righteous stance that them being an engineer and being part of APEGA gives them some weird sense of duty which is complete crap, almost evangelical

Seems like you just want to talk down, but that's alright, I don't particularly care about your little internet tantrums Does it make you feel better, getting all upset with some random person on the internet and insulting them? Does the big tough engineer need his bottle?

So basically, in short, you are a little bitch, get over yourself. Don't post in a public forum unless you want public commentary, I'm sure there must be an engineering forum for you to cry somewhere about your irrational, over the top hatred of unions

No, this shit is hilarious from people I assume to be actual adults
    Soooo jelly

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Add that to the long list of another thread ruined by HiTempguy1 due to engineering debate, lol.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

:
    I think the better question would be "where did the engineer touch you" because your hate for engineers far surpasses any of our hate for unions.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by schurchill39

I think the better question would be "where did the engineer touch you" because your hate for engineers far surpasses any of our hate for unions.
    What? Please demonstrate any "hatred" or even dislike? Some people in this thread? Sure, the specific people. But engineers? Nope, pretty sure I like people that are of the enginerd persuasion If you haven't noticed, one of the easiest way to rile those people up is to insult their profession (hell, you even fell bait to it and it wasn't a comment pointed at you, a clear sign of "chip on shoulder" attitude).

Originally posted by Disoblige
    Add that to the long list of another thread ruined by HiTempguy1 due to engineering debate, lol.
    Damn me and bringing facts to a thread. Damn me to hell! I honestly just enjoy it now, seeing the engineers get their panties all bunched up

My Ride
    Silverado

Engineers have a duty to maintain public safety. There is no arguing that point.

Back on track. Fuck I hope I don't have to join a union. I think apega sent me an email about this.

My Ride
    something green

Originally posted by Gestalt
    I don't see how. Every person I know in a union, whether pipe fitters, electricians, truck drivers, teachers loves their Union, the higher standards, the rights, and would never work non unionized again.
    Can you tell me what higher standards the pipefitters got over say a non unionized pipefitter, or self employed pipe fitter?
    Too loud for Aspen

Originally posted by Maxt
    Can you tell me what higher standards the pipefitters got over say a non unionized pipefitter, or self employed pipe fitter?
    His comment caught my eye as well. I don't know a single electrician who'd be willing to make such a definitive statement such as "I'd never work non union again". They'd all tell you there are pros and cons to each. The higher standards comment was complete nonsense. Most trades are governed by a multitude of Provincial and Federal guidelines, regulations and codes that the union plays zero part in.

I think Gestalt figured his statement was a quick way to bolster his argument when the reality is it just once again revealed his lack of life experience.
    Last edited by rx7_turbo2; 03-31-2017 at 04:35 PM.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

HiTempguy1 can't even form logical arguments and I can't be bothered to read his shit posts... All I can say is he sure feels strongly about topics which have no bearing on him so yeah I'm going with:

Originally posted by lasimmon
    Soooo jelly
    In either case make sure you fill out the survey or contact the NDP to try to put at halt to this stupidity.

My Ride
    Z

I guess its reasonable that you wouldn't be familiar with the 'responsibility' part of the profession.

I would agree with what seems to be the consensus, fuck this idea.
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

HiTempguy1 can't even form logical arguments and I can't be bothered to read his shit posts...
    Well you must read them to come to those conclusions. Looks like I have another Beyond stalker Also, you directly quoted and replied, so... You can't form logical arguments and resort to insults. You have no real basis for your blind hatred.

Its ok to admit it, I won't tell anyone :p

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast