Quantcast
Anyone delt with " International Motor Cars" - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Anyone delt with " International Motor Cars"

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Well that's about enough for me to never want to go there...if you don't know you say you will find out, you don't make up some BS. Trying to hide service and brakes that are badly in need of repair is extremely shady as well. I know most used car lots are probably shady to some degree though.
    No different than a private sale at that point, these guys are just better at hiding things than the average owner. Up to you to get the car checked out.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My buddy a car from MM a while back, had nothing but probs.

His fault for not doing my research or having it inspected by a 3rd party, but the price was real good is what got my attention. The said vehicle needed wheel bearings on the front and rear passenger side, new brakes all the way around, new ebrake cables, as well some other things. It ended up to be the biggest pos he ever owned. Said vehicle was a Lexus.

Would I go to SDS, MM, IMC, GoFC? Not thank you. Just my opinion of course...

Great pricing yes, but the behind the scene costs are what add up. May as well buy from a reputable shop then at least you have less to worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Originally posted by killramos

No different than a private sale at that point, these guys are just better at hiding things than the average owner. Up to you to get the car checked out.
    It's true, but inflated dealer pricing is supposed to come with certain assurances (I.e. not intentionally and actively being as deceptive as possible, or covering up safety issues or expensive service). Not every dealer is like that, but lots are. Used car lots are like buying from even shadier people than Kijiji, plus GST.

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

It's true, but inflated dealer pricing is supposed to come with certain assurances (I.e. not intentionally and actively being as deceptive as possible, or covering up safety issues or expensive service). Not every dealer is like that, but lots are. Used car lots are like buying from even shadier people than Kijiji, plus GST.
    I would argue that unless buying new, or factory CPO from a reputable factory dealer, I would expect dealer pricing to be of the shady and deceptive type. The only certain assurance is that they're going to hide something from you. It would have to be a special car for me to buy at a typical used car dealership. Obviously there are exceptions to this rule, and new or used car dealers out there that will not rip you off... but with the exception of beyond sponsors, I rarely hear good stories from any type of dealership.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by cjblair

I rarely hear good stories from any type of dealership.
    I've had good experiences at Calgary Auto Quest, didn't end up buying a car from them though but I have gone and looked at 2-3 that they've had and never had any concerns.

LMAO

I have email Norman Baker repeatedly asking about an Audi on kijiji

even clicked the get Car proof

This the only responds I have received even after I said i didn't need financing.

Hello,

What questions can I answer for you?
    Are you interested in getting pre-approved for financing?
    We have ALOT of interest in this particular unit so if you would like to move forward with a transaction, time is of the essence as this unit will sell FAST.

Thank you

Best Wishes,

Norman Baker
    Sent from my iPad
    Last edited by roxxx; 01-31-2017 at 07:04 PM.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Only thing he's missing is that he needs your Paypal info to help a Nigerian prince.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by roxxx
    LMAO

I have email Norman Baker repeatedly asking about an Audi on kijiji

even clicked the get Car proof

This the only responds I have received even after I said i didn't need financing.

Hello,

What questions can I answer for you?
    Are you interested in getting pre-approved for financing?
    We have ALOT of interest in this particular unit so if you would like to move forward with a transaction, time is of the essence as this unit will sell FAST.

Thank you

Best Wishes,

Norman Baker
    Sent from my iPad
    That's probably an automatic reply.

My Ride
    Porsche 911

Thumbs down International Motor Cars

International Motor Cars have to be one of the sleaziest car lots in town. The father son team that runs the place have a terrible reputation, not only with disgruntled customer's of which there are many, but also with fellow dealer's. Nobody wants to have anything to do with them. Would you want to buy a car from them? I wouldn't.

IMC is always looking to hire new employees. What does that tell you ? It tells me that the sleazy Baker boys have created a toxic work environment at their store, making it difficult for them to retain a stable and reliable staff.

As far as their inventory goes, a large majority of their vehicle's are purchased on-line via dealer auctions. Most of these vehicles are eastern rust buckets, with questionable car proofs and history at best. I have a life long friend that is car dealer, and he says when the Baker boys turn up at the Adessa dealer auction out in Airdrie, all the other dealer's make fun of them because they're such arrogant assholes. Hubris is a good word that comes to mind when describing the 2 Baker idiot's. If all the industry insider's think the Baker idiot's are slime bags, what does that tell you ?

IMC is a classic example of a sleazy used car dealership. How they remain in business is a mystery to me.

Moreover, every time I have seen young pimple faced Normy, he appears always jittery with huge widened pupil's, and has the sniffles. He has all the hallmarks of a tweeker to me.

I've said it before and will state it again. Stay clear and far away from the sleazy Baker baffoon's at International Motor Cars, unless you like to get ripped off.

My Ride
    This and that.

Welcome to 5 years ago when we knew all that already. Good confirmation though I suppose.

My Ride
    gt86

Run. LOL. They stole $3000 from me and falsified my income, tried to make me sign the confirmation form that I made $10,000. Which is almost double/triple what I actually make. Refused to return my deposit.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyRed View Post
    Run. LOL. They stole $3000 from me and falsified my income, tried to make me sign the confirmation form that I made $10,000. Which is almost double/triple what I actually make. Refused to return my deposit.
    Sleazy but I sure hope you meant 100,000, 3-5 thousand/year isn't even a part time job 2 days a week

Edit: sorry just saw your other thread, you meant monthly, that makes more sense haha
    Last edited by J-hop; 07-10-2017 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyRed View Post
    Did you ever end up going to CBC about it?

I was one of the "Bad Customers' they posted on that website haha

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Reading the negative reviews on google is hilarious. Its like Trump is replying to everything.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4