Quantcast
The last yard hose you'll ever buy? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The last yard hose you'll ever buy?

Default The last yard hose you'll ever buy?

I picked this up at CT today:

There is a regular version (blue), and the pro version (black). The pro version felt much more sturdy and cost $10.00 more than the regular version. I paid $50.00 for the 50' pro version.

I played around with it today and it's extremely light and manoeuvrable. Try as I might, I could not kink it. In a nutshell, this thing is damn cool, and unlike a typical hose, it's fun to use.

The reviews agree with that, but apparently they're prone to bursting within the first few uses. I say apparently as it's hard to give a failure percentage given that most people who have no issue with a product, won't post it, but when they're pissed, they have much more desire to post their opinion.

My main concern will be its durability if rubbed across a sharp surface. As far as the bursting goes, I'll just return it if that happens.

I'll be testing it on just about a daily basis, as I have a 60' X 120' foot yard with a large garden and a lot of plants.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

I have the non-pro iteration of this...and it was pure junk. The end flew off on first use....getting me all wet. Worst product ever. I looked at the pro version as I saw it in stores recently, but it looks just like the normal version but with metal fittings....the inside is very thin clear hose, it can't handle any pressure it seems.

Goodluck with yours, I just threw mine away as soon as it exploded (it sat about 6 month before I used it so couldn't return it anymore)
    Last edited by eblend; 05-26-2014 at 07:04 PM.

Yes, they look the same, but the pro one is much more "solid".

I've got nothing to lose with the 90 day warranty.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I bought one at Costco. If it fails, it gets returned...

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Bought one a couple weeks back and it's holding up fine so far.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I bought these guys when they were just infomercials. They're awesome.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

I saw this infomercial a while back. Seemed too good to be true, will be interesting to see long term results.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

Regular or pro?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Bah, I own both the "lightweight" and "lifetime" hoses from Lee Valley, and I don't see how I'll every wreck either one. That lightweight hose is better made than 90% of what you can buy at Rona or Wal-Mart.
    I see they now stock a "flexzilla" hose as well, but I'll have to get that as a gift, since I doubt I'll ever buy another hose for my own use.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

How are the Lee Valley ones when it comes to kinking?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I haven't had a problem with kinking. I'm sure it's possible to kink them, but they don't seem to have that "kink memory" that cheap hoses seem to have. You know, where you kink it once, and it always kinks in that same spot. That hasn't happened to me with either lee valley hose, and I've had them for about five years.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

The hose I have in the back yard was given to me by my dad when he moved to Winnipeg. It was the same rubber hose that we had at the house I grew up with. It's about 30 years old now, and is just fine still.

He wanted it back, I told him to STFU and go buy one... I'm never giving it up.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Bah, I own both the "lightweight" and "lifetime" hoses from Lee Valley, and I don't see how I'll every wreck either one. That lightweight hose is better made than 90% of what you can buy at Rona or Wal-Mart.
    I see they now stock a "flexzilla" hose as well, but I'll have to get that as a gift, since I doubt I'll ever buy another hose for my own use.
    These X-Hoses shrink to really small and light once it drains. The biggest advantage with the X-Hose is that you can just crumple it up and throw it wherever for storage, it takes no room at all. Hell, I can probably fit the whole thing into a Kleenex box.

I have several heavy duty hoses that are perfect, lasts forever, and I won't even use anymore. Such a pain in the ass to roll it back after use for storage.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

What's everyone's experiences with flat hoses?

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by rage2
    Such a pain in the ass to roll it back after use for storage.
    That's because you're doing it wrong....RoboReel FTW!

http://gadgetwise.blogs.nytimes.com/...ype=blogs&_r=0

http://roboreel.com/water-hose-reel/overview/

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by codetrap
    That's because you're doing it wrong....RoboReel FTW!
    Yea, and the wheels will kill the grass underneath that it sits on. It's bulky, and it's visually intrusive. I've had a variety of garden hose collectors crap over the years, and none have made things simple. X-Hose, I pick that shit up with one finger and toss it in the garage, or the basement window hole thingy. Simple.

I don't even do much gardening work. Actually, I do zero. I hire ppl to do that shit haha. I use the hose maybe 3-4 times a year for the pressure washer, and the x-hose has made things so much more convenient that I can never go back.

Originally posted by rage2
    X-Hose, I pick that shit up with one finger and toss it in the garage, or the basement window hole thingy. Simple.

I don't even do much gardening work. Actually, I do zero. I hire ppl to do that shit haha. I use the hose maybe 3-4 times a year for the pressure washer, and the x-hose has made things so much more convenient that I can never go back.
    So far, me either.

I've been using it for three hours this morning doing a slow watering to all my plants around the lawn. It's so easy to use, haul around, and store.

I'm still being cautious and holding on to my old hose, but I'll be glad the day I toss that thing into the garbage heap

Wow, not great reviews on this X-Hose - as a gardener, I think I'll stick with my big, black, heavy hose that just keeps working and working and never kinks. Yeah, it's heavy but it works and has for a decade plus.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

Bought one at costco a couple weeks ago. I'm hoping this will replace my big heavy hoses. If it ever leaks or breaks, I'll just return it to costco

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

For those looking for durability and longevity, I have had the Princess Auto industrial garden hose for 5+ years and they are holding up.

They are heavy as hell and a pain in the ass to wind up, not for your average Joe closet gardener

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast