Quantcast
Where can I find an interneship for Drafting? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where can I find an interneship for Drafting?

My Ride
    4Runner

Default Where can I find an interneship for Drafting?

I am currently going to SAIT taking Engineering Design Drafting Technology, I'm in my first year and averaging 3.42 to 3.5 GPA.
    I am looking for an internship in the piping industry this summer, I can't find any online. Anybody know a company that would be hiring? Thanks in Advance

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

are you all signed up with ASET? i dont think that you will be looking for an internship with that field. but maybe a summer position, or contract work.

send JfuckinC on here a pm. he is a piping manager. might have a contact or two

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Originally posted by ercchry
    are you all signed up with ASET? i dont think that you will be looking for an internship with that field. but maybe a summer position, or contract work.

send JfuckinC on here a pm. he is a piping manager. might have a contact or two

Pff im not a manager, just a designer i'd never want to baby sit..... my manager is on here though haha..

Just start pumping out resumes though! like Ercchry said, i've never really heard of an internship in our field, they'll usually just hire you as a summer student type of postion..

Try:
    Upside
    Equinox
    Spec
    Northridge
    Aurora
    Concise
    Gas Liquids
    IMV
    Millenia
    Tundra
    Worley
    DPH Focus

Etc

here's a good list.. and it's pretty up to date i think;

http://www.mikelaing.com/
    Last edited by JfuckinC; 01-14-2013 at 03:30 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

but you were at one point, werent you? or just "senior"

My Ride

but you were at one point, werent you? or just "senior"
    Never a manager, just controlled lots of projects.... Back.. Back in the busy days...

JfuckinC, is it really slow in the piping world right now? I just wanna work

My Ride

Originally posted by J.M.
    JfuckinC, is it really slow in the piping world right now? I just wanna work
    Honestly, i don't think it really is, i have lots of friends who are keeping busy.. Just at some company's (including mine) its a bit slow, and i don't think it's even that slow here. I just like to be super busy so i think it's slow haha..

I graduated last year too in EDDT, but Civil.

FYI there is a job board on SAIT you can use to find offers, and if internships are available.

This website http://www.mikelaing.com/ lists a lot of engineering companies that may/may not be hiring, but send them your resume asking for availability of internship for Juniors.

I got my job through there, even though I graduated as Civil I'm working as a Jr. Piping designer/drafting atm... still looking for opportunity in my graduated field, but at least I'm working.

Good luck!

My Ride
    4Runner

Sweet! thanks ill look further into it im just worried because I heard if you wanted to work as a junior during the summer i should apply now.

My Ride

Originally posted by trollolhah
    I graduated last year too in EDDT, but Civil.

FYI there is a job board on SAIT you can use to find offers, and if internships are available.

This website http://www.mikelaing.com/ lists a lot of engineering companies that may/may not be hiring, but send them your resume asking for availability of internship for Juniors.

I got my job through there, even though I graduated as Civil I'm working as a Jr. Piping designer/drafting atm... still looking for opportunity in my graduated field, but at least I'm working.

Good luck!
    Civil is tough, because everyone needs Civil designers, everyone.. but with experience! It's lame. For EPCM's at least.. I also have a friend who took civil but has been doing Electrical( lol) since he started..

Pretty sure JLude is a civil designer, maybe shoot him a PM and he can send you in the right direction!

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by JfuckinC

Civil is tough, because everyone needs Civil designers, everyone.. but with experience! It's lame.
    yeah, wtf is up with that?

any they all know there WILL be a shortage over the next 10 years and none are willing to build someone up from a junior

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-12-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

You graduated with a background in Civil and you are now working in Piping... nice

Stay in piping, while civil/site is more in demand you will make more down the road as a piping designer.
    I dunno, I'm making the low-end salary atm, which completely rustles my jimmies.

I'm still looking to get into Municipal, gov't jobs.

Default Re: Where can I find an interneship for Drafting?

Originally posted by Mostwanted
    I am currently going to SAIT taking Engineering Design Drafting Technology, I'm in my first year and averaging 3.42 to 3.5 GPA.
    I am looking for an internship in the piping industry this summer, I can't find any online. Anybody know a company that would be hiring? Thanks in Advance
    I'm thinking of taking CADD System Management I and Digital Drafting part-time at Sait, still deciding whether I should take them in-class or self-study. Any recommendations/thoughts on these courses Mostwanted?

My Ride
    2010 S4

Originally posted by JfuckinC

Pff im not a manager, just a designer i'd never want to baby sit..... my manager is on here though haha..

Yeah I'm sure you get your baby sitting fill taking care of your special needs friends and room mates.

Default Re: Re: Where can I find an interneship for Drafting?

Originally posted by joda85

I'm thinking of taking CADD System Management I and Digital Drafting part-time at Sait, still deciding whether I should take them in-class or self-study. Any recommendations/thoughts on these courses Mostwanted?
    Take them online/self study, I took those during my full-time to finish my other certificate that I started prior to beginning the EDDT diploma at SAIT

CADD system is a joke, for me that is, finished the final in 15mins. Digital drafting is merely the same as Autocad if you've used it before.

Digital drafting you can buy a module from the bookstore, the module teaches you everything.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

is digital drafting the same as the EDDT course? if so, what a joke course... also i dont know of any company that would use autocad for that type of work... all about solidworks/inventor type programs

My Ride
    4Runner

Yeah i think digital drafting is not the same course.
    another question? with that Mike Laings website you guys gave me, do I just apply to any of them and ask for a apprenticeship/job/summer or do i have to look for piping companies, kind of confused on where and how to apply? if anyone can also assist me on that. Thanks!

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

i mean the course in the first semester of EDDT called digital drafting... you have no idea how lucky you are to not have to have a certain instructor that was there when i was in EDDT... a couple years later he left i guess and another guy i was in school with had to train him at his company

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

+1 for the sait jobbank, I got my first job in the cadd field from it.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast