Whats your Body Type? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your Body Type?

lol

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Default Re: Re: you might have the wrong guy,

Originally posted by TurboD

the picture was for a thread in the fitness section for the most improved body in 3 months.
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/279486/co...hek-gift-card/

and @ A790

Why not back up your claim with a quote.
    I challenge you to find a quote where I am instructing someone how to build muscle and telling them that I have big muscles myself.
    If you can't I think you need to apologize for that claim.

By your logic, every personal trainer must be a 300lb bodybuilder.

It's the internet, there is no law that I cannot give advice.
    Apology? Feeling a little self-righteous are we?

Tell you what: give me a valid reason to apologize and I will gladly do so. Until then, myself (and others) will gladly call you out for being the all-talker that you are. You talk a lot of game in the weight forums on beyond, and then you post a picture of a 150lb kid. Sorry bud, but what gives you any crediblity?

And do start with the "I never tried to do YADDA YADDA YADDA" bullshit because it takes someone with a minute of spare time to find numerous quotes to discredit that statement, including my all time favorite turboDism below:
    leave the monkey chinups to the monkeys and leave the normal chinups to the real men
    There's no law preventing you from giving "advice", but that doesn't mean that you should be doing so. When I go see a trainer about powerlifting, you bet your ass I expect them to have plenty of muscle attached to their frames. When I see a trainer about body building, you bet your ass I expect them to be jacked. You know why? Because it means they practice what they preach!

'Nuff said, or should I continue?

Why don't you continue.

You posted a quote about monkey chinups.
    I thought we were talking about power lifting and weight lifting.
    NOT MONKEY FUCKING CHINUPS.

I have 4 years experience as a gymnast and have competed at a provincial level in my younger years, I know a thing or two about Kip movements and the like.

Are you claiming that monkey chinups causes you to become 300lbs and have 20 inch arms?

Look at my fucking body, I have the perfect frame for advice on chinups and kips.
    These are not bulk building movements.

I still think you need to apologize to me.
    You have not posted a quote where I am claiming to be a muscle monster or am giving weight lifting advice.

Chinups? give me a fucking break.

Search youtube and look at what type of body the people doing monkey chinups have,

I have every right to put forth my experience with kip movements and building muscle using that method.

Every right.

On the high bar kip to support and then pull straight bodied to support and after 10 of each you tell me what is going to build muscle better.

The kip movement is a gymnastics movement, jay cutler didn't get big with the monkey kip, nor did any other pro builder.
    A power lifter may find the movement useful, but the movement belongs to gymnastics.
    Last edited by TurboD; 11-07-2009 at 05:15 PM.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

<-- Definitely meso here.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride

Why don't you continue.

You posted a quote about monkey chinups.
    I thought we were talking about power lifting and weight lifting.
    NOT MONKEY FUCKING CHINUPS.

I have 4 years experience as a gymnast and have competed at a provincial level in my younger years, I know a thing or two about Kip movements and the like.

Are you claiming that monkey chinups causes you to become 300lbs and have 20 inch arms?

Look at my fucking body, I have the perfect frame for advice on chinups and kips.
    These are not bulk building movements.

I still think you need to apologize to me.
    You have not posted a quote where I am claiming to be a muscle monster or am giving weight lifting advice.

Chinups? give me a fucking break.

Search youtube and look at what type of body the people doing monkey chinups have,

I have every right to put forth my experience with kip movements and building muscle using that method.

Every right.

On the high bar kip to support and then pull straight bodied to support and after 10 of each you tell me what is going to build muscle better.

The kip movement is a gymnastics movement, jay cutler didn't get big with the monkey kip, nor did any other pro builder.
    A power lifter may find the movement useful, but the movement belongs to gymnastics.
    Actually, my original post says that you shouldn't be posting any muscle building advice until you have built some muscle of your own. I don't see how you can disagree with that. I simply used that quote because it showcases your myopic viewpoints.

Oh, and don't stay up waiting on that apology, as your attitude says it all. Tell ya what though, if you want to continue to duke it out let's do so via PM

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

Holy fuck, stay on topic - who gives a shit what he looks like.

I dunno, you talk like you are the master of the chin up, turbo D but the proper chin up will build good biceps AS WELL as lats. Where are yours?

anyone else wanna take a stab at an insult?

Not really insulting you. Re-read your self-proclaimed "I are t3h awesomeness at chinups" post a few up from mine.

It was begging for those kinds of comments. Don't get all emo on us.

My Ride

^^ Doesn't sound like he's acting emo, it sounds like you hopped on an already well-ridden bandwagon.

The funny thing about how stupid you are is this zorro:

You talk about building muscle with resistance exercises and then you don't understand why my 150lbs of resistance doesn't build heaps of muscle with chinups....

My Ride

BAH BAH BAH I'm sorry I derailed the thread.

Back on topic?

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Originally posted by A790

Actually, my original post says that you shouldn't be posting any muscle building advice until you have built some muscle of your own. I don't see how you can disagree with that.
    I actually disagree with that. Not to flame, or be sticking up for TurboD, for many reasons, but i have a really hard time gaining mass, and know a hell of a lot more about it, and the procedures, proper form, proper eating habits, proper workout routines for each goal, etc.
    Just because im 140lbs, does that mean i know nothing about what i just said? No.
    Just because some jacked kid in the gym is a personal trainer, does that mean hes deans list on personal training knowledge? Definitely Not!! Genetics?

Ive taken many Kines courses, i compete provincially in cycling, and go to the gym pretty effin regularily, and eat my face off, im still 140lbs, don't tell me i dont know about bodybuilding and fitness.

My Ride

Originally posted by swak
    I actually disagree with that. Not to flame, or be sticking up for TurboD, for many reasons, but i have a really hard time gaining mass, and know a hell of a lot more about it, and the procedures, proper form, proper eating habits, proper workout routines for each goal, etc.

Just because im 140lbs, does that mean i know nothing about what i just said? No.

Just because some jacked kid in the gym is a personal trainer, does that mean hes deans list on personal training knowledge? Definitely Not!! Genetics?

Ive taken many Kines courses, i compete provincially in cycling, and go to the gym pretty effin regularily, and eat my face off, im still 140lbs, don't tell me i dont know about bodybuilding and fitness.
    Okay, I'll approach this one.

My good friend Walter is a personal trainer in Ontario. He, like you and I, is an Ectomorph. Walter, at 6'2", is 235 @ 11% during the winter and even leaner in the summer. Over the course of five years I watched him transform his body. He knows what he preaches, and so when he provides instruction I listen.

I'm not saying that you don't know what you're talking about (nor did I ever say that about turboD, either). What I said is that he needs to BUILD some muscle first. It is what will give him credibility, especially considering the way he talks on the forums. I don't see you (swak) spouting BS about how monkey chinups aren't for real men, you know what I mean?

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Fair Enough.

Thats pretty sick though, ecto at 235, over 5 years!!!

What weight did he start at?

My Ride

Originally posted by swak
    Fair Enough.

Thats pretty sick though, ecto at 235, over 5 years!!!

What weight did he start at?
    180lbs (he had already been working out like mad prior to "getting serious").

My Ride

I figured it out guys.

All we have to do is engineer a system very much like the one used on the newest toyota prius, where an audible sound is played to alert pedestrians and the like of its presence. If we were to replace this sound with an obscene roar of a v8, perhaps we would get more positive feedback from future buyers/sportscar enthusiasts.

My Ride

Originally posted by Pollywog
    I figured it out guys.

All we have to do is engineer a system very much like the one used on the newest toyota prius, where an audible sound is played to alert pedestrians and the like of its presence. If we were to replace this sound with an obscene roar of a v8, perhaps we would get more positive feedback from future buyers/sportscar enthusiasts.
    Hahahahaa wrong thread?

My Ride

Hahahahaa wrong thread?
    LOL, im an idiot.

My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.

Okay, I'll approach this one.

My good friend Walter is a personal trainer in Ontario. He, like you and I, is an Ectomorph. Walter, at 6'2&quot;, is 235 @ 11% during the winter and even leaner in the summer. Over the course of five years I watched him transform his body. He knows what he preaches, and so when he provides instruction I listen.

I'm not saying that you don't know what you're talking about (nor did I ever say that about turboD, either). What I said is that he needs to BUILD some muscle first. It is what will give him credibility, especially considering the way he talks on the forums. I don't see you (swak) spouting BS about how monkey chinups aren't for real men, you know what I mean?
    I will totally agree with this from personal experience. I received my personal training cert at 6 ft and weighing in at a massive 140. The number of clients i could train once let alone many times was very limited. But magically when I worked my way to 185 lbs, people started wanting to sign up. Randos would ask questions. It became evident that what I was teaching people would work. When you are a trainer, the condition you are in is your cover letter.

Sure I had the same knowledge when I was smaller, but no one ever took me seriously.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast