Quantcast
Darkane gets RIPPED! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Darkane gets RIPPED!

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Default Darkane gets RIPPED!

Starting weight Jan 1 - 245lbs Morning weight after piss.

Update 1: Weight Jan 14th - 238lbs Thoughts: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...=&pagenumber=4

Update 2: Weight Jan 28th - 236.5lbs Thoughts: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...=&pagenumber=5

Mini-Update: Weight Feb 2nd - 232lbs

Update 3: Weight Feb 19th - 228lbs Thoughts: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...83#post2825683

Update 4: Weight March 12th - 226lbs Thoughts on last post.

Mini-Update: Weight March 15th - 223lbs Sweet!

Update 5: Weight March 30th - 220.5lbs

Ok, maybe not 'ripped' but cut

Going to start a thread about my plans. This is not going to be a log, but hopefully some of you could take a thing or two from this and apply it your own plans.

So what have I been doing prior to this cut? I was simply lean-bulking and had a successful 6.5 months (June 15th-Dec25th). Body weight went from - 228lbs @17% body fat to 244lbs @18% body fat. The plan was simple 4500cals/day with a macro's of 425g pro, 250g carbs, and 200g fat.

Now, some of you might ask why was I bulking at 17% body fat in the first place? Well to put it simply, I had a crashed metabolism. I wasn't losing much fat, I was having mood swings (kept under control most of the time however), and my endocrine system was slowing down (Dropped test levels confirmed with blood tests).

This is a major problem among dieters who don't have much idea what they're doing. In my case although I knew what I was doing, I pushed my cut to long. I started my training journey quite large, and ended up losing around 70pounds. I could have pushed through but I was not making any new muscle and preserving what muscle I had was taking from the fat oxidization.

Anyway, on to the plan. I'm going to categorize this into Diet, Supplements, and Routine. The Routine part is going to be quite bland, I can't go into detail because of my Trainer.

Diet:

With a decent muscular base already what I'm looking to do is maintain muscle here. If I gain a pound or two of lean mass that's a bonus. As you become advanced it's more difficult to lose fat while building muscle.

So I've decided on this for the time being (Note: This is not my trainers guideline, it's something I'm going to run to ween off the higher cals)

Non training Days: 325g pro, 50g carbs, 150g fat = 2850 cals.

Training days: 350g pro, 100 g carbs, 150g fat = 3150 cals.

On non training days carbs are either consumed right in the morning, or if I happen to get the carbs strictly from veggies/nuts I tend to space them through out the day. I count nuts as a fat source and therefore don't worry about the carbs from them to much. I always eat the protein portion first, then the veggies, followed by the nuts or other fat source. Meals are split into 5-6/day depending if I'm on night shift, or day shift. If I'm on days off I'm hitting the gym and eat when it's convenient around the gym schedule.

Supplements: I know this will be everyone's Favorite so I'll go into depth here.

Some of you guys have probably read some stuff I posted when someone asks for Diet advice and I usually tell them to ignore "Fat burners" and thermos. Well I still stand by that, but this go around I've employed one for myself.

Biotest's Hot Rox Extreme. Info can be found here: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...hotrox_extreme

The primary reasoning behind this is for one simple ingredient, Forskolin. Biotest's version is Carbolin 19. Info for Carbolin can be found here: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...nabolic_bridge

Biotests Carbolin 19 is a pure version of Forskolin. Forskolin is usaully sold in a 10-20% purity version and can cause some digestion issues and leaky gut. So I opted for the ester.

Forskolin has been shown to burn fat while BUILDING new muscle. Sounds to good to be true? Perhaps, at least in an advanced athlete, but as an intermediate I still could see some of that.

So, here will be a list of Supps to aid me.

-Fish oil (Obviously, see here: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/218876/re...plementation-/) Going to intake 30g/day spread evenly through out my meals.

-Whey (Going to try post workout only. Lean meat is much more thermogenic and should work better for fat loss)

-BCAA's (These will be consumed probably everyday. 10g on non-workout days and 45G on workout days. I'll use 10g in the morning before my fasted Cardio and 35g during my work outs. More on this later)

-NAC (N-acytelcyeide or some shit like that lol. It's a powerful anti-oxident. 600mg/day) EDIT (Feb3rd): Almost done the bottle, gonna discontinue NAC use.

-Now brand Digestive enzymes (Mostly HCL in these bad boys to break down that meat!)

-Vit C (2000mg [2g]/day on top of my multi pak. Keep the immune system healthy)

-Hot Rox (see above)

-Super Pak multi's (Good multi Vit is crucial)

-ZMA (Zinc helps as an Aromatase inhibitor. Basically prevents androgen's from being converted to estrogen and supports testosterone production.)

-Tribulus (Although I'm almost out and might not get any more. Not convinced it works)EDIT(Feb 3rd)No longer using this

That's pretty much it there. The high fish oil dosage is primarily for insulin sensitivity, cortisol (stress) control, joint health and feel good factor. Helps alleviate seasonal depression. I'll throw in Green tea, about a liter a day.

I'll add to this section as I recall more.

Routine/Cardio

Gonna run a GVT (German Volume Training) 10x10 routine. Can't say much more than that.

For cardio I'll be doing it fasted for 30 min at a time. Fasted cardio is usually done first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I will be @60-65% of max heart rate (120-125bpm) doing a swift walk. You don't want to be doing anything intense during fasted state as it will lead to muscle catabolization. So before my walk I'll down 2 Hot Rox, 10G BCAA boost and go. This will only be done on night shift and days off. During day shift I'll be doing cardio in the evening after work.

Good articles on Fasted cardio here: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...dio_roundtable

That's basically it for now. I'll add more as I see fit.

One more thing to touch on is my goals. I'm 6'3" and wouldn't mind hovering the 205-210 area. Doing some calculating 8% of 244 is roughly 20 pounds. I'm carrying 10 pounds of water at least, so mathematically I should end up in that area at 10% body fat. Although to tell the truth I think I'm about 20% body fat. I carry more fat in the estrogenic areas like upper chest, hips and back. But the calipers don't lie and I do have 2 upper abs sorta .

I also plan to have these as strength goals:

Bench - 275 1RM (Half second pause on chest powerlifting style. My arms are to long for me to be good at this lift lol)

Squat - 405 1RM (Going to use an 18" box for depth clarity)

Deadlift - Not sure. My herniated disc limits me here. I might do some Sumo deadlifts and wouldn't mind seeing mid 3's or a 405 by May.
    Last edited by Darkane; 03-30-2009 at 10:57 AM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Go hard Drakane! I would like to thank you for all of your advice, input and help. I am subscribed! What are your goals as far as body weight and body fat?

Damn that's weird going from 228 to 244 and only going up a body fat percentage. Kinda cool actually.

Good thread though. I'll probably be posting in it once school starts (tomorrow). First weight training day of the new year should be tomorrow or thursday. yay.

Originally posted by wiggaplz
    Damn that's weird going from 228 to 244 and only going up a body fat percentage. Kinda cool actually.

Good thread though. I'll probably be posting in it once school starts (tomorrow). First weight training day of the new year should be tomorrow or thursday. yay.

Muscle build .

How tall are you dude?
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

good job friend! Still at the Y?

My Ride
    Subaru GR

wow.....this is going to be quite useful to a lot of people on here. Are you doing this just for shits and giggles? Planning to compete??
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    08 Audi A4

keep it up!

I want to hear the rest. Who's your trainer? I may be motivated enough to also post some of my results over the next couple months.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

Originally posted by JAYMEZ

Muscle build .

How tall are you dude?
    I'm 6'4'.....

I could see a shorter dude doing it, but me being my height, I find it a bitch personally. 6'4'' 230 8% body fat......is probably my ideal height/weight dimensions.

Originally posted by Wildcat
    I want to hear the rest. Who's your trainer? I may be motivated enough to also post some of my results over the next couple months.

, Ive been taking pictures for about 3 months now , and its funny to see the change.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by JAYMEZ

, Ive been taking pictures for about 3 months now , and its funny to see the change.
    I feel you on that one bud. I look at my before pics and my early dec/latest pics and just laugh.

My Ride
    bmw m3

Trouble with being tall is you gotta weight a bit to look huge.
    Layne norton is around 230 and 5'10
    So someone 6'4 will need an extra 30 pounds probalby to look the same.

Subscribed.

I am sure this will be a good'r seeing as I am starting my cut here soon, and about the same bf%, get posting!

Hmmm.....I have a few friends starting their cut right now...
    ABBA-Southern Alberta Bodybuilding Championships
    June 13 Red Deer

Going to don the banana hammock?

Good Luck!

Originally posted by kutt3r
    Subscribed.

I am sure this will be a good'r seeing as I am starting my cut here soon, and about the same bf%, get posting!

Hmmm.....I have a few friends starting their cut right now...
    ABBA-Southern Alberta Bodybuilding Championships
    June 13 Red Deer

Going to don the banana hammock?

Good Luck!
    24 weeks out? That's a little much. 16-18 is generally the norm for comps, never heard of anyone doing more than 20.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride

Originally posted by 7thgenvic
    good job friend! Still at the Y?
    No. I live in McMurray now so I work out at the college gym. mmm little girls

Added more too.
    Last edited by Darkane; 01-06-2009 at 06:21 PM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Originally posted by civic_rida
    Trouble with being tall is you gotta weight a bit to look huge.
    Layne norton is around 230 and 5'10
    So someone 6'4 will need an extra 30 pounds probalby to look the same.
    Yup i'm not huge but i'm pretty "big" right now at about 215 lbs. Another 15 lbs and i'll be happy enough to apply to some fitness Mag. Kidding but you get the picture, lol lol.

i love my height, but that's the only thing that pisses me off about it. That and hitting my head and tripping over just about everything. it's a healthy trade off :P

My Ride

Originally posted by 1-Bar
    wow.....this is going to be quite useful to a lot of people on here. Are you doing this just for shits and giggles? Planning to compete??
    Well, I want to basically take my body to my genetic limits naturally. I want to be mobile, strong, and look good Naked. Who doesn't?

Little side story, I nailed this broad when I was back in Calgary a week ago and she kinda got emotional. She wants a relationship or something blah blah.. So I told the guys at work and they're like well that's good you can take it easy on the diet now you get easy pussy.

So I said, fuck that. This is when I'll take it to the next level! If I got a decent looking bartender like this, I could have a 9 or 10 If I looked my best. So yeah I hate settling.

I'll never compete. I can appreciate a good bodybuilder, but greasing myself up and posing in front of a bunch of dudes while smiling is not my thing

-H.P. Lovecraft

Originally posted by Wildcat

24 weeks out? That's a little much. 16-18 is generally the norm for comps, never heard of anyone doing more than 20.
    yeah 24 weeks.....what the hell, lol. Don't most of the guys do only about 8 weeks for the olympia? Granted they are always in great shape from doing other competitions such as the arnold classic, but still....i think 2 and a half months to 3 months should be sufficient to get conditioned.

My Ride

Originally posted by wiggaplz

That's what a natural bulk should be like. Dirty bulking is ok when assisted.

Another indication of the muscle were strength gains. Constant progression is needed. If you're bulking and not getting stronger or gaining muscle, stop make a new plan and eat cleaner.

Wildcat I'm being trained by Wesley Silviera, the head macheesmo at www.Ironaddicts.com
    Last edited by Darkane; 01-06-2009 at 06:32 PM.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Originally posted by Darkane

Well, I want to basically take my body to my genetic limits naturally. I want to be mobile, strong, and look good Naked. Who doesn't?

Little side story, I nailed this broad when I was back in Calgary a week ago and she kinda got emotional. She wants a relationship or something blah blah.. So I told the guys at work and they're like well that's good you can take it easy on the diet now you get easy pussy.

So I said, fuck that. This is when I'll take it to the next level! If I got a decent looking bartender like this, I could have a 9 or 10 If I looked my best. So yeah I hate settling.

I'll never compete. I can appreciate a good bodybuilder, but greasing myself up and posing in front of a bunch of dudes while smiling is not my thing
    Smiling? You got it wrong dude......you gotta dance Ronnie Coleman style. Check the link, hahaha.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dM8SlAlLAQ

For the record, anyone else notice alot of the hardcore BBers in the gym are generally douchebags? I've met a few and just because they have a brachialis muscle, or have their serratus anterior muscle showing they think they are king's shit and god's gift to women.

again, not to generalize, but i see this a helluva lot. let's hope OP doesn't turn out this way, haha. Bodybuilding's a weird sport. Brings a unique blend of perfection mixed in with narcissism and arrogance.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast