Quantcast
Social media - how many and how much? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Social media - how many and how much?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Yeah IG can be really annoying depending on what you follow. It's either hot chicks selling you clothes or protein powder, or "adventurers/explorers" who have never ventured further than a parking lot that also wants to be sponsored by Arc'teryx.

Don't use Twitter although from a business perspective I'm told it's one of the best platforms.

LinkedIn I don't even use, really don't know why I have a profile.

Facebook is great for news and also organizing events. I love group chats too.

I spend way too much time on various forums, just reading about things in the photography and audio world. Which probably plays a big role on persuading me that I should also buy that thing(s)!

Time away from the internet always feels quite relieving and yet I keep crawling back like a sucker

#Internetaddict
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by msommers
    Time away from the internet always feels quite relieving and yet I keep crawling back like a sucker

"I wonder what the guys on Beyond are arguing about right now.

I better go find some wifi and give my input."

My Ride

FB - only because I can find people selling car parts, and a handful of friends scattered across the planet that are hard to keep track of otherwise
    Forums - meh. I use forums for the topic they exist (ie, Beyond because its a car forum? )
    IG - have it as a car project blog thing. Neat to look at other people's projects. I'm annoyed by their algorithm that thinks I'm either a gun nut or a vegan.
    Linkedin - have it, rarely look at it. Don't care.

I'm tired of echo chambers, cliques, and flexing.... and the social media algorithms are getting horribly intrusive, so I'm getting away from social media.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

I got onto Linkedin because the girl geo on one of my rigs was fucking the MWD on one of my other rigs, and I wanted to creep her pictures on Facebook or wherever but I only knew her first name and who she worked for. And you had to join Linkedin to really do some detailed searching. But then I got paranoid that it would show who's been reading her profile, and through some serious CSI detevective work she'd figure out it was me and why I was doing it, and I'd be known on all my rigs as being a Grade A Creeper. Accurate as it would be, I didn't want that. So now I might as well shitcan my account.

I did mention to the company man that if she needs a guy who knows not to fuck on location (because they did and both almost got skidded because of it) to give her my number, but apparently she didn't need that because she hasn't called yet.
    Last edited by SKR; 05-11-2017 at 05:56 PM.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Instagram: freedom to be a douche without cluttering up FB

FB: friends and family, more personal stuff... also messenger is great for keeping in touch and planning real life events... car groups are fucking painful and full of illiterate high school dropouts

Twatter: never understood the point, never even signed up

LinkedIn: on it, but also pointless

Snapchat: really don't get it, have it but rarely even respond to people's snaps

Beyond: it just works, great local news source too

For useage it's got to be a tie between insta and beyond at 80% of my idle time, with FB getting a daily scan unless I'm getting notifications about something

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3