Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Home builder vs nenshi goes another round

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Default Home builder vs nenshi goes another round

sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Wenzel will lose. Nenshi is very smart in how he says things, anything that is accusatory is wrapped as an opinion that he truly feels is legitimate. Pretty much what I've taught all of you to do on beyond haha.

I followed the whole part 1 of the Nenshi vs homebuilders fued, and Nenshi said nothing that could've been used against him for defamation.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2
    Wenzel will lose. Nenshi is very smart in how he says things, anything that is accusatory is wrapped as an opinion that he truly feels is legitimate. Pretty much what I've taught all of you to do on beyond haha.

I followed the whole part 1 of the Nenshi vs homebuilders fued, and Nenshi said nothing that could've been used against him for defamation.
    Yikes. Well, that's not really true. Defending a statement as opinion isn't foolproof. If the statement, even if it is an opinion, can be proven true or false then it is actionable.

I think one of the ex-mods over at CP got in trouble ages ago over this.

Anyhoo whatever.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

So really now the builder will cost us tax dollars to defend this suit as I bet Nenshi does not have to pay his own legal fees as mayor.

My Ride
    Bicycle

If the lawsuit is based on that interview, don't think Wenzel has a chance.

This is just throwing some money out and say fuck you.

Originally posted by rage2

So to avoid getting sued I would say 'In my opinion Cal Wenzel is an idiot'? Or am I not understanding this correctly?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by suntan
    Yikes. Well, that's not really true. Defending a statement as opinion isn't foolproof. If the statement, even if it is an opinion, can be proven true or false then it is actionable.

I think one of the ex-mods over at CP got in trouble ages ago over this.

Anyhoo whatever.
    If this was the case, Beyond would have been shut down 7 or 8 lawsuits ago lol. Even one of the lawyers who wrote a letter to Rage got put through the wringer over shitty spelling and grammar.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Originally posted by roopi

So to avoid getting sued I would say 'In my opinion Cal Wenzel is an idiot'? Or am I not understanding this correctly?
    I believe Cal Wenzel was responsible for 9/11. I've never met him, but how he writes just strikes me as shady. I also think it's possible he killed a hooker.

You can't sue me for having an opinion.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

Originally posted by FraserB

If this was the case, Beyond would have been shut down 7 or 8 lawsuits ago lol. Even one of the lawyers who wrote a letter to Rage got put through the wringer over shitty spelling and grammar.
    Well, they still need to prove damage stemmed from the statement. I highly doubt that's ever happened from stuff here.

Since when is "godfather" derogatory or worthy of defamation.

It used to be quite the compliment - before the movie.

If he said that he was going to cut off his nose, that would be slightly more worthy of suing.

As for Beyond: Yous grammer nazis are getting youreself bent out of shape.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 11-15-2013 at 08:41 PM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    Sentra

Cal Wenzel seems like a shady business person from what I've seen of him on the moving picture box.

Don't really know nothing about nothing on this topic, other than I'd like to see an, in my opinion, arrogant fuck get put in his place.

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Originally posted by heavyfuel
    Don't really know nothing about nothing on this topic, other than I'd like to see an, in my opinion, arrogant fuck get put in his place.
    Who do you mean? Could apply to either guy IMO.

Originally posted by GTS4tw

Who do you mean? Could apply to either guy IMO.
    That's right. I guess they can both try to sue me now haha.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-22-2019 at 12:45 PM.

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

Originally posted by GoChris
    Cal Wenzel seems like a shady business person from what I've seen of him on the moving picture box.
    This is a good example of what Wenzel means when he talks of Nenshi speaking ill of him.
    People who aren't involved in home building don't know otherwise and rely solely on what the media shows Nenshi saying. If you read some of the comments on either the Herald or Sun sites, there are a lot of people who have formed an opinion of Wenzel, some going as far as saying they won't ever buy a house from his company based on this incident.

Working in the building business, I've never heard a bad word about him or his company via all the trades that deal with him or his company. From what I understand from knowing people that have worked directly within his company, he's a total class act, far from the shady, mafia character that he's being made out to be. Of course this is all word of mouth. I don't know him personally nor have I ever met/dealt with him but only one side knows the truth. I'd lean more to the side that knows the building business a bit more.

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

Originally posted by frozenrice

This is a good example of what Wenzel means when he talks of Nenshi speaking ill of him.
    People who aren't involved in home building don't know otherwise and rely solely on what the media shows Nenshi saying. If you read some of the comments on either the Herald or Sun sites, there are a lot of people who have formed an opinion of Wenzel, some going as far as saying they won't ever buy a house from his company based on this incident.
    Yep, exactly.

Social media is also rearing it's ugly head and acting as a double edged sword to Nenshi right now. He used it to attract younger followers, with that it brought on the immaturity of the lot. Death threats to Wenzel are likely huge Nenshi fan boys who think it's hilarious to 'troll' in real life.

Just makes me laugh to think this could basically be 6 million dollars avoided by a simple apology.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Didn't Nenshi go on record stating that he was engaging in illegal activity? That may be, but if Nenshi can't prove it, there is some merit to Wenzel's claim.
    No, Nenshi said Wenzel may have broken election laws and that an investigation should be started to look into the practices. There was no investigation nor inquiry and it ended there, because nothing illegal took place. Meanwhile, the public thinks Wenzel is shady.

It's pure genius on Nenshi's part.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

luxor Guest

I think Cal Wenzel is an idiot loser. Don't sue me please, I'm just a nobody with an opinion.

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

Originally posted by luxor
    I think Cal Wenzel is an idiot loser.
    Based on what info? Just curious.....

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast