Quantcast
The all new 2016 Toyota Tacoma - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The all new 2016 Toyota Tacoma

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Personally (configurations aside since I'd like a 6' 4dr Offroad pkg) I like the minor changes and the minor additions of creature comforts. They've added the only things inside I really miss which is a sunroof and better climate control, I have never had any interest or want for a "luxury" truck.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

They needed to add height adjustable seat. I like the changes they've made. The previous version didn't even have heated mirrors for example, or an outside temp gauge in the later years... 50 more hp and better fuel efficiency, I call that a win. Different configurations in Canada vs USA is a bit of a head scratcher though.

Originally posted by Aleks
    They needed to add height adjustable seat. I like the changes they've made. The previous version didn't even have heated mirrors for example, or an outside temp gauge in the later years... 50 more hp and better fuel efficiency, I call that a win. Different configurations in Canada vs USA is a bit of a head scratcher though.
    To my knowledge heated mirrors still isn't an option is it? That's a head shaker in and of itself.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

To my knowledge heated mirrors still isn't an option is it? That's a head shaker in and of itself.
    I've wondered if I can add aftermarket? Is that a thing? You have power there.....
    Originally posted by SJW
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    ^^ Fact Checked

I've wondered if I can add aftermarket? Is that a thing? You have power there.....
    Oh ya there's a couple kits being sold that make it plug and play. They're not cheap though.

I personally believe heated mirrors should automatically be added like block heaters are in certain parts of this country.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride

It can be done quite easily. I believe we used the same modules that modern ski-doos have to warm the handlebars in ours. They work great!

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

I just installed one from TacomaWorld myself and its practically OEM but I can't believe that's not an option from factory. Just mind boggling.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Still think my '14 is better looking. No big pouty lip. Engine doesn't leave me wanting for that one. We'll see what real world MPG is like.

Interior is a big step-up. Leather in the 14 was god-awful, to the point we didn't even consider it

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

I like this new truck, don't get me wrong.

I like the fact it's still a body on frame, truck, with truck capabilities. But....

For most of the people the new Ridgeline will make more sense. Want fuel economy with reliability AND power? The new 3.5L Honda will make the Tacoma's 3.5L look like it was born two generations ago.

The new MDX with the 3.5 at 4350lbs gets 28MPG highway ('Merican). No reason the ridgeline won't equal it. It also has 290HP.

If Honda goes the Accord 3.5L route (278hp) then the MPG will be around 26-27 ('merican) but still better.

Gonna be interesting and ramping up competition.

Devil's advocate time: I just picked up a '15 Sierra Crew, 4x4, Shortbox with the 5.3L. I average 10.5-11L/100km Highway. The new Taco will be similar to a 1500, not much smaller at all. Sierra is the perfect 1/2ton size in my opinion. Ford is just to big.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    '14 Taco

I don't see the ridgeline taking much of a bite out of the Taco crowd, unless it completely revamps the look. Thing was a van with a bed. They couldn't sell 20k of the things after 2009. Look at the resales and compare them to the Tacos, and it gets worse for them.

I hope that we get some good MPG numbers from the competitors, to push Toyota to up their mileage game. Otherwise, there isn't another small truck I'd rather have.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

When I first started looking at getting my first truck, I tested the current gen Tacoma and Ridgeline. I like the Ridgeline way more as far as how it drove, the interior, visibility, etc. The bed was much smaller though and it was way more expensive. I did like the Tacoma looks better too.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by Brent.ff
    I don't see the ridgeline taking much of a bite out of the Taco crowd, unless it completely revamps the look. Thing was a van with a bed. They couldn't sell 20k of the things after 2009. Look at the resales and compare them to the Tacos, and it gets worse for them.

I hope that we get some good MPG numbers from the competitors, to push Toyota to up their mileage game. Otherwise, there isn't another small truck I'd rather have.
    Agree. Ridgeline lacked in styling, but it was designed around its styling. What I mean, is although the box was small it could hold a full size Honda quad.

The storage compartment IN the box is also amazing if people have never seen it before. So much dry room, or wet with ice and turn it into a massive tailgate party cooler.

The Swing tail gate option was perfect for opening with one hand. Mind you most new gen trucks have one up one down tailgates now? My sierra is designed for one hand up and down. Prego wife has no issues and it's not power assist.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Originally posted by Darkane
    The storage compartment IN the box is also amazing if people have never seen it before. So much dry room, or wet with ice and turn it into a massive tailgate party cooler.
    I found the box too limiting in my Ridgeline but I miss that storage compartment big time, it was the single best thing about that car.
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 12:42 AM.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by kaput
    No interest in new Frontier? Or has that not been announced for Canada yet? They are really sharp looking and would be a better comparison for the Tacoma than a Ridgeline.
    Not announced yet even though everyone knows the navara will replace it.

ridgeline concept sketches looked pretty cool.

I am mildly interested current in the taco/canyon (V6 or diesel). What I would love is if the ranger would come though so we could have the everest.

http://www.ford.com.au/suv/new-everest
    Nice time for small trucks. I don't like full sizes due to their physical size so I will have to get out and check some of these out.

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 12:41 AM.

Originally posted by kaput
    Canada get's screwed.
    That seems consistent regardless of the manufacturer.
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    '86 AE86, '11 GSE20 6MT

The 2016's definitely have heated mirrors.

Jeff

2011 Lexus IS350 6MT F-Sport with LSD
    1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S Supercharged with TRD Stuff
    1993 Toyota Previa 5MT Studded Ice Race Van

Originally posted by Jeff Lange
    The 2016's definitely have heated mirrors.

Jeff
    Source? I haven't seen that feature listed anywhere, is it Canadian vehicles only, our American counterparts seem fairly convinced it's not an available option or standard with any package they're offered.
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Videos & reviews starting to come in. Interesting

Last edited by OTown; 09-07-2015 at 10:56 PM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast