Quantcast
Should cheese come with a warning label? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Should cheese come with a warning label?

Default Should cheese come with a warning label?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/fede...ting-1.4170245

Seriously, the way some people eat it - it has to be worse than smoking.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Glad they got all other issues sorted out.....and now can concentrate on warning us about dairy products.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/fede...ting-1.4170245

Seriously, the way some people eat it - it has to be worse than smoking.
    Cheese is good for you.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7701761.html

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 12:52 PM.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Holy shit, this reminds me of a story back home in London.

So I went to visit a friend on a hot summers day. She wanted to go grocery shopping in Kensington, so I thought meh, nice part of town..why not?
    So we go to this Organic food place and she buys a shit ton of food. There is also a cheese section that is contained within its own room, glass doors en all, pretty fancy. She grabs this cheese called the 'Stinking Bishop'. Im like it cant be that bad?
    So we go for tea after then back to hers for lunch. I take her groceries out of the car and I leave a bag we can't carry all the bags. As she is cooking lunch, she says oh grab that bad it has the cheese. So i run back to my car, grab the grocery bag with the cheese. We have some of it for lunch and it tastes pretty good. It pongs a bit, but meh taste is yummy.

After a couple of hours I leave and get into my hot car. IT FUCKING STINKS! Holy mother of god! For a good five minutes I thought it was the drain as I was parked over one. I was gagging for air, gasping... Then it hit me, the fucking 'Stinking Bishop'. If you can imagine a morbidly obese person wearing two layers of socks and not washing their sweaty feet for a year..? Imagine the stinky funk. You get the picture
    Yeah it was the cheese. I drove home in tears... I got knocked out by a bishop..

Kinda stupid to need this.

What this will result in is a bunch of morons thinking cheese is toxic. Just like what happened with carbs when all these low carb diets came out.

Don't be a moron. At least for a few weeks track your calorie and macro intake and plot that against the targets for your weight, age and activity level. You'll probably be astounded by your overconsumption in all areas

The problem is people have zero clue how much they are consuming. Not that any one product is horrible.

You can eat mcdonalds every day and lose weight and stay fit. Just have actually think about it........

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    What this will result in is a bunch of morons thinking cheese is toxic. Just like what happened with carbs when all these low carb diets came out.
    Or people who think "Best before" means "Expires on".

I know people who throw out food days or weeks before the "Best before" date because they believe if it goes pass that date, it instantly turns bad. There's no convincing them otherwise, cause "that's what the label says"!

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

We probably are at a point where we need calorie labels on the front of food packages and on menu boards, but it probably wouldn't do much to be honest.

People underestimate the calorie content of foods they (over)consume, they over estimate the impact of what little physical activity they get and over estimate the amount of calories their bodies need. Toss in the normalization of obesity, the emergence of nonsense groups like the fat acceptance movement and HAES, it's no wonder why people are so unhealthy.

When something like 60% of Canadians are overweight or obese (self-reported numbers, so it's probably much higher due to either outright lying or the normalization obesity) and no signs of that number going down, maybe it is time for the government to step in a do something.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

It'll probably never happen but I wouldn't mind seeing organized lists on food labels such as:

- Calories
    - Sugars / Added Sugars
    - Artificial sweeteners yes/no
    - Fructose, etc. yes/no
    - Saturated fat content
    - Preservatives yes/no
    - Nitrates yes/no
    - Trans fat content or yes/no

It would be super easy to just glance at the pack and see if it was healthy or not. It also might encourage companies to make healthier foods because they would want to advertise it using those labels. I'm sure it's not that simple, but I would love to see that. Unhealthy people would ignore it anyway, but it would be useful for others I think.

Or maybe even just a super easy to read "healthiness scale" or something based on those factors. I don't know haha.

Flame suit on...

Dairy products are in no way "good" nourishment for your body. If you believe such, well then fuck, you're just another victim of propaganda and the dairy lobbyist big boys.

Wake up, and do your own unbiased research. You're a big boy after all, aren't you?

FFS. If it smells like rotting feet, then don't eat it. That's life 101.

Nothing really wrong with dairy products. Again, fit the calories and macros into your daily targets and you're fine.

People are pretty dumb. They'll rant about how the human body can't properly break it down and it's harsh on the digestive tract while sipping a beer. Double standards much? Yea if you have a legitimate dairy intolerance this doesn't apply but really the fear mongering is blown out of proportion.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    Or people who think "Best before" means "Expires on".

I know people who throw out food days or weeks before the "Best before" date because they believe if it goes pass that date, it instantly turns bad. There's no convincing them otherwise, cause "that's what the label says"!
    @baygirl
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Thing that always irked me about cheese and yogurt.

They cannot completely 100% control the bacteria and molds they use to produce it. Even in the best production facilities in the world, you are going to get a couple pounds of rat droppings, or same dandelion fluff, or some spider legs and flies, with who knows what type of growths on it. At best, you *hope* that the bacteria and molds you have cultured will quickly outpace any foreign bacteria and molds that may be introduced and keep them to a minimum.

Alcohol is different, any rotting done will eventually produce a substance that naturally kills any bad microorganisms. Sure it may taste "off" if a foreign biological agent gets into a batch of beer, but it won't do any damage.

I do like a good provolone prosciutto and arugula pizza, but I also know the risks.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 06-24-2017 at 08:36 AM.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.