Quantcast
The Gun Thread - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gun Thread

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by freshprince1
    So, I've decided against the Ruger .22 Semi-Auto. INstead I'm going to go for the Henry .22 Lever Action long Rifle. I've been looking into it and am very pleased with the reviews. Plus, there's something about it that makes me feel like a cowboy...must be the lever action, or the heritage of the Henry name. Also, it is touted as being ridiculously accurate even without a scope.

That's so cool!

I would never own a gun, because I know if someone fucked around with me or my family, I'd use too quickly.

But love seeing all the pictures of what you guys have!

Originally posted by Jlude

That's so cool!

I would never own a gun, because I know if someone fucked around with me or my family, I'd use too quickly.

But love seeing all the pictures of what you guys have!
    Lots of guys store their firearms at the range they use them at, you don't have to keep them in your home to enjoy shooting them .

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Last edited by SJW; 02-23-2011 at 10:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

^^ Nice work. My license has been issued and is in the mail. can't wait for it to arrive...I have spousal approval to go gun shopping before christmas but I still have to be "surprised" when I see it under the tree.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride

I just buy em and if she happens to find out I bought a gun I tell her I spent 200 bucks on a gun. Boy she gets mad about the 200 bucks.

She only knows about the kimber.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

I just submitted my RPAL application last week. Hopefully will have it by Feb. How long did you guys wait for your restricted?

SJW, that is a nice looking Kimbler! One of my favorites. My favorite being the Kimbler Custom Stainless II, .40Cal. beautiful firing gun.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride

This one is a Custom II Stainless but .45 ACP

I think i waited like 2 or 3 months. Can't remember. All i know is when you call the CFO to obtain your permits they are the nicest people.

Originally posted by Tomaz
    I just submitted my RPAL application last week. Hopefully will have it by Feb. How long did you guys wait for your restricted?
    If you are on top of things, have your references call the CFO office, and call in to make sure there are no issues with your application, you should have it within a few days of the 28 day minimum waiting period. Alberta is one of the better provinces for wait time, but if you want it ASAP you need to make a few calls - they are happy to rush it along if you call in and make their jobs easier.

I got mine in 30 something days after they received it, basically the 28 day minimum + a couple days for them to mail it to me. Stay on top of it and you won't wait anywhere near 2-3 months like some others have.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

You have good taste lol

Speaking of acquiring permits, I assume when you buy one you would have to contact the CFO and request a permit to take it home. How long does it take to get a permit to transport?
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

So, I have a question for you guys in the know...

I'm planning on getting a shotgun soon. My understanding is that as long as it has a trigger lock, I'm allowed to store it pretty much anywhere.... like say, under the bed. (Rifles can be stored without a trigger lock if the bolt is removed. Oddly, the law does not dictate how far away the bolt needs to be stored)

Anyway, my question is regarding ammunition. According to this link, ammunition has to be stored separately in this scenario:
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...posage-eng.htm

What would be considered "separately"? Would a drawer beside my bed be considered separate? What about the opposite night stand? Does it need to be in another room? What about in a lock box beside the bed? Another floor of the house? Another house altogether?

Seems to me there is some room for interpretation. It would be a shame for someone (like myself) to get charged because some charge-happy cop interpreted the wording differently. If I have a shotgun available you better believe if I ever needed to use it I would want it in working order as quickly as possible, while still following the law.

Originally posted by Kloubek

I'm planning on getting a shotgun soon. My understanding is that as long as it has a trigger lock, I'm allowed to store it pretty much anywhere.... like say, under the bed. (Rifles can be stored without a trigger lock if the bolt is removed. Oddly, the law does not dictate how far away the bolt needs to be stored)

Anyway, my question is regarding ammunition. According to this link, ammunition has to be stored separately in this scenario:

What would be considered "separately"? Would a drawer beside my bed be considered separate? What about the opposite night stand? Does it need to be in another room? What about in a lock box beside the bed? Another floor of the house? Another house altogether?

Seems to me there is some room for interpretation. It would be a shame for someone (like myself) to get charged because some charge-happy cop interpreted the wording differently. If I have a shotgun available you better believe if I ever needed to use it I would want it in working order as quickly as possible, while still following the law.

Separately just means not in the same unlocked case as the firearm. If the guns are in a vault or locked up, you can store ammo in there too, the guns just can't be loaded (but the loaded magazine can be sitting beside the gun ready to go, for example). So in your example if the gun isn't also in your nightstand drawer, you can store the ammo there if you want.

You don't need to lock up ammunition if it's not stored with the gun.

If you are worried about any very specific scenarios, you can call the CFO office and they are more than happy to answer questions that may be in a grey area.

There are quite a few grey areas and loopholes to storage laws in Canada, as the laws are quite vague.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 12-06-2010 at 05:05 PM.

My Ride

You have good taste lol

Speaking of acquiring permits, I assume when you buy one you would have to contact the CFO and request a permit to take it home. How long does it take to get a permit to transport?
    Here's how it works:

I buy a gun at wholesale sports, they take down my RPAL # and my gun club membership #.

They call the RCMP and transfer the firearm reg from them to you. They give you a reference #.

You go home, call the CFO, give them your reference # and ask for a SHORT TERM ATT and a LONG TERM ATT.

The short term gets the gun from the store to your home. The long term is a blanket permit which allows you to move your gun between gun ranges and/or gunsmiths. IN THE MOST REASONABLE ROUTE.

So once you get your permits, they either fax them or email them. Bring that paperwork down to wherever your gun is, show the permit to the clerk along with your reciept. You have a lock box and a trigger lock. Bring the gun home.

Shoot away.

My Ride

No offense but why do you need a pump stick in your room?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by SJW

No offense but why do you need a pump stick in your room?
    Not really sure what you're getting at here. Assuming by "pump stick" you mean shotgun (and you're not trying to be a smartass), then can you think of a better place to put it?

My Ride

I'm not trying to be a smartass.

Gun safe would be my choice. Just thinking with all the pussy ass canadian laws regarding break ins you'd be better off with a bat or hockey stick.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Not really sure what you're getting at here. Assuming by "pump stick" you mean shotgun (and you're not trying to be a smartass), then can you think of a better place to put it?
    Usually a safe / locked gun room / closet w/ trigger lock.

Having a firearm is not the best for home defense.

The whole idea of storing firearms safely is not for "ease of access", but actually the complete opposite. The main purpose of the laws (particularly evident in restricted firearms) is to reduce/eliminate theft.

EDIT:

Thought I would give you an example of an effecient and safe storage of firearms.

A button combination safe is the quickest way to access firearms and the best way to keep them from being stolen.

Enter code = access

The method that you were describing, though technically legal, is not the best way to keep your firearms from being stolen, which is more likely than being invaded.
    Last edited by Tomaz; 12-06-2010 at 05:45 PM.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride

I'm also not trying to be holier than thou. Just curious on the situation.

The Smith and Wesson MP 22 is restricted. Thinking about picking one up next year.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Having a firearm is not the best for home defense.

I might have missed the justification for this, why would you think this?

What would be a better defense against a deadly human threat than #4 birdshot ?

My Ride

Originally posted by revelations

I might have missed the justification for this, why would you think this?

What would be a better defense against a deadly human threat than #4 birdshot ?
    Flechettes?

Page 4 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast