Quantcast
$900 Bitcoin - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: $900 Bitcoin

My Ride
    Bicycle

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/22/v...-space-flight/

Bitcoin can now get you to space/near space.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by sabad66

You can't "code more bitcoins". Every transaction (including mining) is public and sent to what is called as the "blockchain". Every miner has a copy of the entire blockchain, so you can't randomly say you have 10 bitcoins because there is no history of it in the blockchain. That is why it is a "p2p currency".
    Exactly, the only way someone can screw with the system is a 51% attack which is basically someone would need to control over half of all the hashing power to fork the block chain.

But with the network hash rate currently at 4762.23 terahashes per second and a 2 terahash/s machine is 6k$ so you'd be needing to buy up 5 million $ worth of ASIC's just to catch up to the current hash rate. But the rate has been rising 10% per 2 weeks and those ASICs take months to order / receive.

Currently the network difficulty is 600k, rough predictions indicate by Feb/March it will be around 6million with the new cointerra ASIC's coming out. At that point one would need ~50 million worth of ASIC's to get 51% and so on and so forth.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Sensationalist wording, but still hilarious.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I bought 3k of coins for shits and giggles expecting to lose them by next year but who knows, maybe it'll spike some more.

So far I'm at about 4.6k worth .... can't complain. I'm going to sell either way in May or April when I buy a house, was mostly for fun to see if it maybe spikes in value but fully expect it to be a waste of money. Will update periodically as things go...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by pheoxs
    I bought 3k of coins for shits and giggles expecting to lose them by next year but who knows, maybe it'll spike some more.

So far I'm at about 4.6k worth .... can't complain. I'm going to sell either way in May or April when I buy a house, was mostly for fun to see if it maybe spikes in value but fully expect it to be a waste of money. Will update periodically as things go...
    Just curious, what's your IP address?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by rage2

Just curious, what's your IP address?
    Mine? Probably varies, I surf on my phone and at work. So either whatever bell gives me or when I'm at work our work uses a VPN to our head office so probably some random IP in Milwaukee.

My Ride
    4x4

Buying now? Timing may be a bit off I'd think she's at a high at the moment, not a low...

Now - it's interesting - litecoin's jumped from 2$ to 10$ in recent weeks... All the noise around bitcoin seems to be causing the #2 cryptocurrency to surge in value...

Any good litecoin exchanges (preferably Canadian) that you know of? Would be cool to buy $300 or so worth and check back in a year

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Any good litecoin exchanges (preferably Canadian) that you know of? Would be cool to buy $300 or so worth and check back in a year
    You could use Cavirtex to buy Bitcoins (BTC), then transfer them to BTC-E and buy Litecoins (LTC) with them.

LTC broke $18 today. I've got a bunch sitting in a wallet I've forgotten the passphrase for haha. Anyone know of a decent bruteforce app that takes words/characters that you know are in the password and just tries all permutations?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

^ how many characters do you think were in the password? If >12 it becomes nearly impossible.

For anyone else, get in on the Altcoins now - LTC is going up now, will probably crash again, and then go up more. Many other coins in the market making large gains as well. 10000% upside, 100% downside - no brainer if you have a little money to risk (eg. 400$).

^ which exchange do you use to buy altcoins?

Originally posted by pheoxs

You could use Cavirtex to buy Bitcoins (BTC), then transfer them to BTC-E and buy Litecoins (LTC) with them.
    hmm... kinda looks sketchy especially based in Bulgaria.

Do you have experience with them? I guess I could always buy the coins and transfer to my personal wallet ASAP without ever actually holding anything in there.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

^ which exchange do you use to buy altcoins?
    Transfer bitcoins to BTC-E then purchase whichever Altcoins you wish on there is the easiest way.

Minor update: My litecoins are now at 7k$ in value. Not bad for a 3k$ investment.

Probably going to see a crash in the next month or so but I'm sure it'll level off or pick back up before spring again.

Also beware of the lack of regulation in the coin exchanges. There are many of the smaller alt coins getting boosted up then dumped. Two different alt coins gained 100%+ valve today and then lost all of that in a matter of 30 minutes because a bunch of people follow one guy on twitter and try to game the system.

Fortunately BTC/LTC seem to have enough volume they aren't affected nearly as much as the smaller coins.

Litecoin market cap is now at 260+ million today ... not too shabby.

Edit: Saw your second post, and yes that is correct. If you plan on trading a bunch then keep them there, but if you are just holding then transfer them to a different wallet and you don't have to worry about security. I think its a ~1.5$ withdrawl fee or something close to that.

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

hmm... kinda looks sketchy especially based in Bulgaria.

Do you have experience with them? I guess I could always buy the coins and transfer to my personal wallet ASAP without ever actually holding anything in there.
    This is my hesitation right now. Trying to sort out which exchanges are good and legit, and what is crap.

There is a bunch of stuff floating around reddit about "vaultofsatoshi" right now, but I am hesitant to send them the information they are requesting (ID, etc..) for verification as I am worried about my identity being stolen and crap.
    Signature..... I ate it!!

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by quick_scar

This is my hesitation right now. Trying to sort out which exchanges are good and legit, and what is crap.

There is a bunch of stuff floating around reddit about "vaultofsatoshi" right now, but I am hesitant to send them the information they are requesting (ID, etc..) for verification as I am worried about my identity being stolen and crap.
    There is a store in town now selling them. You won't get all that great of rates compared to online but it does save the hassle of authentication / providing personal/bank info to random slightly sketchy companies.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

I have experience with Cavirtex.
    Nothing but positive things to say.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Originally posted by revelations
    ^ how many characters do you think were in the password? If >12 it becomes nearly impossible.

For anyone else, get in on the Altcoins now - LTC is going up now, will probably crash again, and then go up more. Many other coins in the market making large gains as well. 10000% upside, 100% downside - no brainer if you have a little money to risk (eg. 400$).
    Oh it's definitely >12 characters, but it's a combination of a few of my common passwords

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by AndrewMZ3

Oh it's definitely >12 characters, but it's a combination of a few of my common passwords
    Maybe try reading through this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85495.0

Edit: Don't wanna double post so just editing this.

Litecoins now at 28+$. 10k$ on a 3k$ investment, not too shabby. Will it crash? Probably yeah, but I think it will also recover and go higher anyways, just a matter of time.

Edit2: Decided I'm happy with 10k for now. Withdrew it back to USD and going to sit on it for a few days and see what things level out to. Probably miss out on a bunch of gains but its been too crazy having back to back 100+% days to not have some kind of regression

Edit: Decided to buy back in at 27 (Sold at the first 30 peak), wished I'd waited until it dripped to 25 but oh well.

For keeping track sake. 350 Lite coins, last update was 36.5$ = 12600USD from a 3000CAD investment 6 days ago... this 'bubble' is ridiculious
    Last edited by pheoxs; 11-27-2013 at 06:10 PM.

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast