Quantcast
Earls.67 implementing a mandatory 16% hospitality charge. - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Earls.67 implementing a mandatory 16% hospitality charge.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Do you just do it to people based on a hunch?
    Being rude and difficult to talk to may get you some spit and nutsack, dunno just a hunch lol.

My Ride
    NC1

Went to earls on 16th. Everything was great so I left the 25% for the girl. I like them young servers, hard working and always smiling lol not jaded like the veterans ahha

In HK it's 10% automatic and you can tip more if you like. Maybe that number is better here so at least it covers the tip out.

End of the day do whatever you want and support whatever restaurant you want. Lots of choices.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 08:18 PM.

My Ride
    something green

Originally posted by max_boost
    Went to earls on 16th. Everything was great so I left the 25% for the girl. I like them young servers, hard working and always smiling lol not jaded like the veterans ahha

In HK it's 10% automatic and you can tip more if you like. Maybe that number is better here so at least it covers the tip out.

End of the day do whatever you want and support whatever restaurant you want. Lots of choices.
    And you only ordered a coke?
    Too loud for Aspen

Do you guys tip at places where you pay before you get your food if prompted by the debit machine?

I find most of these places that have tip prompting debit machines don't even have a tip jar if you pay cash, but then again, dat cash money tax evasion

My Ride
    NC1

just tip if you want lol

also a matter of time before a no tip restaurant pops up in calgary.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Default Re: Earls.67 implementing a mandatory 16% hospitality charge.

Originally posted by roopi
    I don't like the idea that if I buy a $100 bottle of wine that I need to pay an extra $16.00 for it.
    Do you currently reduce your tip if you buy higher priced items? Like 18% on items under $20, and 5% on items over or something?

Default Re: Re: Earls.67 implementing a mandatory 16% hospitality charge.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Do you currently reduce your tip if you buy higher priced items? Like 18% on items under $20, and 5% on items over or something?
    No I do not. I see where you are going with this though.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Re: Re: Earls.67 implementing a mandatory 16% hospitality charge.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    I know people that do this. The higher the bill the lower the %.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

It really does make no sense to tip on percent. If one person spends more, even if the waitress does no more work, why pay more? Ridiculous concept. Do you tip a higher % at a fancy restaurant? Because that is basically the same thing.

If Earl's actually does implement this, I'll stop going. I stopped going to Earl's because of the beef, and I'll stop going because of this.

As a sidenote, Earl's has in huge letters at the top of their menus "our beef is still 100% antibiotic free and humane and blah blah blah because YOU wanted it".

Bunch of tards running that business

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    As a sidenote, Earl's has in huge letters at the top of their menus "our beef is still 100% antibiotic free and humane and blah blah blah because YOU wanted it".
    Been to Earl's recently, have we?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by A790
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

They switched back or are in the process of to Alberta steak

It also wasn't my choice to go, and I didn't have steak either time, just appies I've been asked multiple times in the past month or so to go to earls, and everytime I've said no except for the one time. I still am pretty firmly on the "f*&k earls" bandwagon, but its kind of a staple of Alberta which makes it hard to get away from, especially when people are picky eaters.

This is just another way for the owners to pass more of their own salary expenses down to the customer. Just pay your damn employees a little more, and then give the customers an option to tip whatever they want. What's so hard about that?

For most of the bars in downtown, i would say that the majority of people tip between 10-15% anyways. Regardless of how much people tip, i think most people will have a problem with a "mandatory" charge that's really only based on culture

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by hks
    This is just another way for the owners to pass more of their own salary expenses down to the customer. Just pay your damn employees a little more, and then give the customers an option to tip whatever they want. What's so hard about that?

For most of the bars in downtown, i would say that the majority of people tip between 10-15% anyways. Regardless of how much people tip, i think most people will have a problem with a "mandatory" charge that's really only based on culture
    I have never seen anyone tip less than 15% on a meal in downtown calgary. The norm is 15-20.

(That being said I haven't ever received horrendous service that might have warranted less than 15 either)
    Last edited by riander5; 07-11-2016 at 10:35 AM.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by hks

Why dont all business owners give their employees more. Why do the CEO's of fortune 500 companies not share their multi million dollar bonuses every year? Why doesnt Warren Buffet shower his employees with millions?

Thats just how the world works man
    Last edited by riander5; 07-11-2016 at 10:38 AM.

Isn't minimum wage going up to $15 or something like that by 2018? That seems like it would almost remove the need for tipping at restaurants where they are now getting a fair wage for entry-level work. I'm curious to see what happens there. Back when it was $5-7/hr, yeah, I can see why they would be depending on that extra 15-20% but at $15/hr for a job that has no prerequisites that seems not too bad. The almost guaranteed 15-20% tips servers make now is a big reason for garbage service IMHO. If it was more of a rarity or if they were paid a better base wage, I would hope to see service improve. Everywhere I have ever been has better restaurant service than Calgary.

When I served (for years) I found it much easier to provide good service to tables I "connected" with. If a table was cold or rude, it was hard to want to give them great service. It's not like I deliberately didn't give good service, but it's hard to be enthusiastic when you dread talking to someone... lol

Ah nothing better than the "Hey guys, my name is bla bla i'll be taking care of you tonight, how is everyones evening going?" *insert blank stare/no words back*

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

They switched back or are in the process of to Alberta steak

It also wasn't my choice to go, and I didn't have steak either time, just appies I've been asked multiple times in the past month or so to go to earls, and everytime I've said no except for the one time. I still am pretty firmly on the "f*&k earls" bandwagon, but its kind of a staple of Alberta which makes it hard to get away from, especially when people are picky eaters.

you traitor.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    $15/hr for a job that has no prerequisites
    ^ has not worked in a customer service job where people get pissed at you for things out of your control.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast