Quantcast
Minimum service to maintain warranty? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Minimum service to maintain warranty?

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

That kind of wear is indicative of oil starvation to the head, more than likely a result of a failed oil pump. Which is a common problem of 6.0l engine.

This is not an oil quality issue.

Originally posted by RickDaTuner
    That kind of wear is indicative of oil starvation to the head, more than likely a result of a failed oil pump. Which is a common problem of 6.0l engine.

This is not an oil quality issue.
    Well, I'm inclined to disagree with you because on the 6.0l powerstroke the cam is in the block not in the heads. The picture of the cam is taken from were the high pressure oil pump sits.
    I have changed many, many high pressure pumps but only ever seen a few main oil pressure problems.

EF9:
    The oil spec from ford is WSS-M2C171-D. What was in the engine, I don't know he gets his oil changed at a lube shop. When ever I see the truck its way over due for a oil change.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Man, you sure are dramatic.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Cool post RLK. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

What a cluster fuck for something so simple.

Ignore the stealerships maintenance scam, and follow the engineers (the manual) word.
    Last edited by Seth1968; 02-24-2017 at 09:13 PM.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Originally posted by RLK

Well, I'm inclined to disagree with you because on the 6.0l powerstroke the cam is in the block not in the heads. The picture of the cam is taken from were the high pressure oil pump sits.
    I have changed many, many high pressure pumps but only ever seen a few main oil pressure problems.

EF9:
    The oil spec from ford is WSS-M2C171-D. What was in the engine, I don't know he gets his oil changed at a lube shop. When ever I see the truck its way over due for a oil change.
    Disagree all you want, those cams are fed by the low pressure pump after passing through a pressure restrictor pill. If the pill or galleys to those squirters are block clogged, or stareved from and underperforming pump that is the result.

A concern like that is also commonly seen a vechilce that sees cold starts in -25 or bellow weather with out the use of oil/coolant/fuel heaters.

I'll bet you money that truck has had long crank complaints, and lack of power that a fuel filter wouldn't fix.

As curiosity what was your repair for that situation? Because I sure hope your shop didn't just put new cams and rollers in there.

And for simplification purposes the 6.0L requires CJ4 oil designation which is a Ford blended full synthetic with very low soot content

All in all I really don't see the point of your post? This is not an ecoboost engine, this is not an oill quality concern, albeit you do state that the engine does many miles beyond the service interval, in which case any and all betts are off wether Walmart brand or royal purple oil, and this result would be the same in any engine. Posting a 500k km engine with lobe/lifter damage does not make you credible, more so it just makes it look like you're out for an argument. If anything it's a testament that an engine will do long service with a variety of oil used throughout its life, because I am 100% this truck has not seen Ford CJ4 on every single oil change

Last edited by RickDaTuner; 02-24-2017 at 10:28 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4