Quantcast
Meister MSTR Watch Giveaway! - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Meister MSTR Watch Giveaway!

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by austic
    ... I have a hate for big bulky watches like Nixon.
    you know #1 is a 50mm, right?

EDIT:

more info on these

#1-Diver 1 50mm, swiss quartz, $400 msrp ($450 if its the titanium one)
    #2-Commander 46mm, japan quartz, $400 msrp
    #3-Prodigy 45mm, japan quartz, $160 msrp
    #4-Ambassador 45mm, japan quartz, $400 msrp
    #5-Chief 47mm, japan quartz, $250 msrp

so all of them are pretty big
    Last edited by ercchry; 07-26-2012 at 01:41 PM.

I really like #2 and #5.

i currently just own a matte black G-shock
    i have been looking at various different watches recently, but i can not find my self to pull the trigger on some, as they are just too expensive for my liking.

I really like #5! if i were to win it, I would rock it every day! Not only that, but you would also have saved me a few hundred dollars =) !

Hope all 5 watches find it self a good home~~

I love watches. I drool over the wrist shot Friday thread, but alas my lack of funds really holds back my watch "collection". Paying off student loans and the likes takes a much higher precedent than watches unfortunately.

I only have one watch, and that is the Fossil shown below (this was back when it was brand new). I got it for Christmas two years ago.

I wear this watch every day almost, and I love it because it is my only watch (not to mention I enjoy the partial skeleton look). But I find that it doesn't really go well with my work attire. I would love to have the Driver One, as I find it has a much classier look to it, given with the linked wrist band instead of the leather one my Fossil holds. I also have a few pair of grey dress pants, so the lighter colour would definitely compliment that. I also have small wrists, so I love a bigger watch.

What I can promise you if given the chance to obtain the Driver One is a detailed review (I love writing reviews, I wrote one of the first restaurant ones in that section and most seemed to enjoy it), but more importantly, I will actually be wearing this watch. It won't just sit in a collection, it will be worn every day to work.

After a few months I can return and add to my review on durability, comfort, time accuracy, and the likes. Something that I think a lot of people will find helpful. Who wants a flashy watch if it's uncomfortable to wear?

This watch will be loved and used, I can promise you that.

My second choice would be the Ambassador and my third would be the Commander.
    Last edited by Spoons; 07-26-2012 at 03:24 PM.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Originally posted by ercchry

EDIT:

more info on these

damn, it's a 50! they look smaller. i still think it's pretty sick though, and would clearly wear it haha

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by JfuckinC

damn, it's a 50! they look smaller. i still think it's pretty sick though, and would clearly wear it haha
    its also 15mm thick... so, i hope you wear polo/golf shirts more than dress shirts

the watch i have on today is 17mm thick, it doesnt come close to fitting under a shirt, its a square watch which is 46mmx46mm, or 56mm diagonal. every time i wear it i catch my boss looking at it with a look of either "i didnt think i paid him that much" or "jesus that a huge watch"
    Last edited by ercchry; 07-26-2012 at 02:51 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

the watch i have on today is 17mm thick, it doesnt come close to fitting under a shirt, its a square watch which is 46mmx46mm, or 56mm diagonal. every time i wear it i catch my boss looking at it with a look of either "i didnt think i paid him that much" or "jesus that a huge watch"
    Easy fix... I had my last suit custom tailored on the left arm to clear my King Power.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

its also 15mm thick... so, i hope you wear polo/golf shirts more than dress shirts

I like bigger and thicker watches. I've got dainty wrists, so the bigger face definitely helps with that. I've been wearing more polos as of lately because I've been working out and have actual muscles to show off now, but I've never really had an issue with my Fossil and dress shirts.

Gotta impress the ladies at work somehow... I think I'm doing it right?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I only have one watch, it's a nice slim low-profile Gucci. My ex-wife bought it for me.

The simple fact that the only watch I own is a leftover scrap from my ex-wife should be reason enough for you to choose me.

EDIT - That's the one:

I like the center watch of the five the best, with the one on its immediate right next and the outer left in third.

The only watch thread posts I've made are saying how much I dislike ones that are better served hanging around flavor-flav's neck.

I don't post much about things I can't afford!

EDIT - Ok, I went to a wedding this weekend and wore my watch. It was really quite fitting that I did since, given how small the Lao community here is, a lot of my ex's family was there. It was great getting caught up!

Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 08-07-2012 at 04:26 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    The simple fact that the only watch I own is a leftover scrap from my ex-wife should be reason enough for you to choose me.
    I'd rather vote for this man than enter myself.

My Ride
    Slow Injected

From best to worst I prefer 3, 1, 4, 2, 5.

Why I want to win? Because my current watch is a hand me down from my dad so it's got a lot of sentimental value to me, and so if I win I'd like to give the Meister to him as a gift and surprise him (Hope this isn't considered breaking the rule)

My watches:

Left one is one of my first watches ever, it is a Spazio watch SZ-170 and I got it from my grandma as a gift when I was a kid. I don't use it anymore.

In the middle is a fake Ferrari Rattrapante watch my friend got for me from China or Hong Kong quite a few years ago. It's pretty sweet and looks nice. I love the fact that it is kinetic, however it doesn't keep track of time accurately so I don't wear it.

On the right is a Seiko 7N43-9070 my dad gave me. Even though it's not a baller watch, it's the nicest watch my dad's ever owned and he gave it to me earlier this year. It's got a simple and clean design which I don't mind. I still have everything that came with it, the box, manual, certificate of guarantee and the original receipt from 2001.

My Ride
    i-VTEC

EDIT:

more info on these

It's big as a G-shock; That's awesome. I have huge wrists lol and I look like an idiot with small 38mm watches.
    Built On Self Success

My Ride
    Horse

I never took a picture of a watch since I honestly do not have one, Never been a watch guy until I started browsing this forum and that is what makes me want a nice watch.

Choices for my first purchased watch would be either a MSTR or a Lumtec.. as much as I wish I could spend huge dollars on a watch $500 would seriously be pushing it for me (xmas gift maybe)

Number of posts on watches in this forum is (with this one) 2, the other was saying how I would actually buy a beyond MSTR. More of a lurker but normally check out any of the watch threads to live vicariously through others

My choice would be #1 as it is the biggest and I have big wrists and want to look flashy .. second would be any of the round face so 2-4, just not huge into the square face style.

Also still on board for a beyond edition watch.
    Last edited by MrSector9; 07-26-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Ya, I built some crazy ass shit with Lego as a kid. I had a thing for AMC Eagle AWD's as a kid for some bizarre reason, so I spent a lot of time going to the library and reading up on how AWD works in that car. I even hitchhiked to the library once cuz my parents were too lazy to drive me haha. Ya, I'm a nerd.

I’ll start with my first watch ever... This was back when I was in elementary; my parents bought me my first watch from Walmart for my birthday, I believe it was some sort of Casio. I wore it every day, no matter what I did, to the point where the fabric strap reeked of sweat. Eventually I had stopped wearing it as it wasn’t deemed fashionable or “cool” amongst other children at the time. Since then I have never had a watch, but have always been fascinated with how they work, and always had a soft spot for them.

But like any hobby, you have to pay to play. Unfortunately due to student loans I haven’t been able to purchase anything I like or wanted for quite some time now. I started paying off my debt instead of spending my income on luxurious items like a watch or on other hobbies like modifying the car. Until recently when I couldn’t resist any longer after lurking the Fashion and Luxury forum every day, seeing all the watches Beyond Ballers wore… particularly Rage2’s collection.

So I bought my first watch for myself, it was a mechanical face – automatic Fossil watch ($195), now after owning this watch for about a week… my dad who had never owned a watch more than $50 in his life in order to provide for us, wanted a similar one. I decided to give it to him, once again… I was without a watch. A few days later my girlfriend decided to surprise me with a Fossil watch since she knew I couldn't afford another one, and now I wear it everyday (posted below).

I feel I should win one because this will be the start of my watch collection, and will allow me to become a contributor to the Fashion and Luxury forum. It would be awesome to be able to have a Beyond giveaway watch as my first post in the Wrist Shot Friday thread. It would be quite meaningful to me as I've learned a lot throughout the years of lurking on Beyond, surprisingly. The choices I've made in terms of my academic and occupational careers were based on what I've learned from reading other members experiences.

I would love the Ambassador (#4), my second and third choices would be the Diver (#1) and Prodigy (#3).

Now regardless if I win or not... I would still love a Beyond edition watch if there was one made!

That's it for my sad sobbing story of why I should win, good luck everyone, and thank you Rage for the giveaway opportunity.
    Last edited by nykz; 07-26-2012 at 05:56 PM.

My Ride
    2009 Acura TSX tech

Hello Rage2,

Even though I do not post in the fashion and luxury forum much (around half a dozen posts), I am subscribed to the Wrist Shot Friday thread. Wrist Shot Friday was the reason I got into watches. After seeing all the beautiful watches and doing my own research, I decided to join the watch craze, and while the watch I purchased was no where near the ranks of the watches posted, it is a watch I adore and am very proud of.

My first and only purchase was the Christopher Ward Malvern C5 Automatic Watch with the alligator band upgrade. It has been the best purchase ever. Its a dress watch that I wear everyday to work. Unfortunately I do not have a bracelet watch yet that can be my daily out-of-work watch. Winning #4 the ambassador (my favourite) would fill in my daily out-of-work watch void. My second choice would be #3 the prodigy.

Here are some photos of my current and only watch.

Thank you for this generous donation and opportunity.

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

I would like to win because I buy charity lottery tickets and 50/50 tickets constantly and have yet to win a damn thing! I also need to fill that empty space in the watch box!

My current watch collection consists of (L to R):

DSC_0003 by MPHeynen, on Flickr

1. Nixon Capital. Battery is dead for the third or fourth time now so I have set the time to 5pm and wear it when I am out drinking.

2. Nixon "The Player". Battery is again dead and also set to 5pm for the same reasons as above.

3. Casio G-shock. Ordered off the air miles site for 900 air miles. It is the outdoor activity and casual watch that I wear a lot on weekends.

4. Timex Expedition WS4. This is the backcountry watch mainly for the elevation feature. The other stuff on it like the weather and temperature have proven fairly inaccurate. This is the only watch in the collection I have purchased myself.

5. Omega Geneve. This was inherited from a grandfather and the watch repair place in chinook was able to get it working again, replaced the crystal and added a crocodile leather strap. This watch is mainly for occasions and does not see much daily use.

Overall the favorite watch in my collection is the Omega for the sentimental value and it being the only automatic. It would likely be a tie between the G-Shock and the WS4 for second however neither of these are really appropriate for an office setting. The Nixon's don't get worn much as they do not work and I am getting tired of them burning through batteries. They were both gifts from an ex and as such I would not feel right selling them.

Recently I have been looking at picking up a new watch that can be a daily wear watch to work but also work well with jeans and a t-shirt. I have learned from the Nixon's that cannot last 6 months on a battery and the 50+year old omega that is still running that when buying a watch to be more concerned with quality than the name on the face. This has led me to consider a few different Seiko's and Lum-Tec however I have yet to purchase one. I was not aware of Meister prior to this post however I think one would look great in the open spot in the watch box!

If I could choose from the Meister's pictured my preference would be: 4, 1, 2, 3, 5

Couple pics of the Omega an4d one of the WS4 that was for wrist shot friday.

DSC_0480 by MPHeynen, on Flickr

DSC_0511 by MPHeynen, on Flickr

20120309_081701 by MPHeynen, on Flickr

My Ride
    changes every year

updated my post with pics in case it gets missed! lol

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Because I bring entertainment to the forum.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    yfz450,2012 Silverado, Yamaha AR230HO

Although I don't post in the fashion and luxury section I'll throw my post in the mix as a long shot anyway!

I feel I should win a watch even though I don't post a ton, I do try to make all my posts friendly and helpful if possible. I started to hang around quite a few years ago due to the fact that I'm an automotive technician and well, it is a car forum. Started out mainly using the market place (and still have 100% user rating) but haven't used it in a few years.

Most important reason I feel I need a watch is I haven't had one since high school, and that was almost twenty five years ago! Yes I'm old..... I'm on the skinny side of things, so given the choice my pick would go 4-3-2.

Thanks for all the entertainment Beyond has provided over the years!

Aaron
    Last edited by rookie101; 07-26-2012 at 09:31 PM.

I've posted two watches in the Friday section but yet to get a "nice watch" from Rage2. I only bought those watches to fit in here at Beyond But know one will give me the time of day.
    Before I bought those two watches I had none. My daughter is 1/8 Indian (feather not dot) so I would send her out to look at the sun and tell me what time it was.
    Also grade 4 were the best three years of my life.

I'll take what I can get. 1,4,?,?,?
    Last edited by darthVWader; 08-07-2012 at 01:16 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Because of the ghetto wal-mart Timex that I put in the wrist shot Friday thread. Wrist Shot Friday - Keeping it real
    Plus the fact that even when I'm being a dick, I at least have decent spelling.

I do try not to be a dick all the time, and sometime I give stuff away in my "ExtraSlow freesale" thread. I even tried to get some people jobs at my company, although that didn't pan out . . . .

I'm not really OG, but I've been around for a while. I have Beyond stickers on my pickup and my minivan.

I prefer the look of watches 2 and 5, but any of them would be miles better than my current watches, and would get a lot of wear at the office.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast