Quantcast
Best French fries served in calgary? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Best French fries served in calgary?

My Ride
    Honda Accord

Lot 102 on the Corner of Memorial and 10th street NW in Kensington.

The Rosemary Parmesan fries...

Go Flames!

Lot 102 is fantastic! I agree, great fries!

Originally posted by speedog

My, my, you are such a negative Nellie. It's not like CB's or Boogies or Rocky's Burger Bus or the Dearhead Cafe are all that fancy either but they all seem to have their fans - haven't been to Dearhead yet but should wander over because it is so near to my place. Probably closest dive like restaurant to me.

BTW, OP as looking for tasty and volume - volume is something most places don't do with the exception of the divier mom and pop places.
    Just telling it like it is! No reason to go to Angels, try any of the other places you listed instead.

I'm a big fan of the Inglewood Drive In. Top notch in what matters, burgers, fries and shakes!

My Ride
    something green

I hate this thread... I've been carb free for 6 months and all this fry talk is testing my will power.
    Too loud for Aspen

Originally posted by Maxt
    I hate this thread... I've been carb free for 6 months and all this fry talk is testing my will power.
    Use the force, Maxt, use the force. Feel it flow through you.
    Last edited by speedog; 08-02-2016 at 10:57 PM.

Originally posted by Maxt
    Um ya I'll have a Master burger no bun. Deep Chineese guy voice "Get out of here Chief"
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2
    CB's has been run by the same family since as long as I can remember. They almost always close for a week or so in July. The main owner is a total character always calling out orders in a deep voice, over the years he's referred to me as Captain, Chief and Boss "Ok Chief" "Eye Eye Captain". He's been doing this since I was 8 years old (Was bussed in to St Margarets for shop class)

I want to be very very clear. CB's is not a gourmet burger joint. The fries are frozen no name brand crinkle fries with no name brand seasoning salt. The burgers (Master Burger FTMFW) is a frozen patty, charbroiled through one of those old school machines, the bun is ok, the veggies are fresh, special sauce is tasty. Don't go there expecting a transcendent experience though.

For me, and everyone else I know who grew up in the area scrounging nickels and dimes together for a Master Burger Combo, the place is an essential part of growing up here. It is completely unchanged, everything tastes exactly like it did when I was just a little kid using the scorching hot bag of fries to keep my hands warm waiting for the bus. Because of that eating there offers me more than just a burger and fries.
    Also for sum reason the deep fried pizza pop is really really good.

Originally posted by FixedGear

To be fair, both CBs and Peters totally suck. They serve the cheapest, lowest quality frozen food you can buy. The burger bus is awesome because they hand make the food from fresh beef. Not sure about boogies or angels because I've never been to either.
    Peter's uses fresh meat. And potato buns. I find them pretty good. The new owners changed the fries to Kennebec potatoes, they're very similar to In-N-Out fries, except Peters cooks them a tad longer. The onion rings however are awful.

Also their milkshakes have always been excellent.

Originally posted by suntan
    Peter's uses fresh meat. And potato buns. I find them pretty good. The new owners changed the fries to Kennebec potatoes, they're very similar to In-N-Out fries, except Peters cooks them a tad longer. The onion rings however are awful.

Also their milkshakes have always been excellent.
    And I'm not a fan of Peters burgers or fries but love the rings and shakes.
    Earls has pretty good shoestring fries.

My Ride
    4x4

Surprised nobody's said alberta king of subs...

But its just smoked meat poutine - who the Frick would eat just fries when you have that option?

Angels in bowness - disgusting, but bownesians seem to like it for some unknown reason... Everyone I knew in bowness raved about the place, I went there twice, it was inedible

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I used to be a huge Peter's fan. Going a couple times a month at least and drove across the city to get it.

Last 3-4 times I have been there I was physically sick after eating, and I have a pretty strong stomach. Kept stupidly giving them another try hence the 3-4 times. Between that and the price of a double cheese bumping over 5 dollars ( 5.9 now ) and I haven't been there in well over a year.

Peters hasn't been a decent fast food joint in years imho. I would rather eat A&W.

As for best fries i find a surprising amount of small time bars turning out some fantastic truffle fries with Aioli lately. Can't go wrong there.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Doesn't the double have four patties? I can barely finish a single with its two patties.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

2 and a half

Used to be $4.20 forever. And used to be so good I could easily down 3 of them.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Three at once??? Yikes.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by killramos
    2 and a half

Used to be $4.20 forever. And used to be so good I could easily down 3 of them.
    When I went there a few months ago I only got 2 patties! The fries were so gross and limp though.
    Will go back when it is nice out for Tuesday drive lunch

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Hearts Choices food truck came by my work last week, and wow
    some of the best damn Fries I have had in the YYC
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

Angels = disgusting. I felt sick to my stomach half way through the burger as did the 2 others I was with. The taste was aweful and the place seemed super dirty. A frozen burger on my bbq with a generic bun tastes waaayyy better.

The rest of the dives mentioned in here give you what you would expect and you won't leave feeling sick. Burger 420 is quite good all around but I'd rate their fries a 7/10 only.

Originally posted by Type_S1
    . Burger 420 is quite good all around but I'd rate their fries a 7/10 only.
    On the recomendation of a friend I gave Burger 320 a shot. Bun was dry, meat was dry. I'll give it another go, maybe it was an off day.

There's a lot of hate on for the "dive" places. I get it, I can't stand Peter's, Angel's I also wasn't a fan of. But I enjoy CB's, which I recognize others don't like. As I mentioned previously sometimes there's more to these places than the burger and fries, there's a memory. Because of this I try not to shit on the other places since I understand that while I don't like them the reason others might is lost on me because I don't share that intangible feeling eating there provides.

The one thing I will stand firm on is that a perfect fry is cut average in size, fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside and seasoned with salt. Truffle/Olive oil, rosemary, garlic aoli WTF
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

Hipsters got to have their fries too, no?
    Will fuck off, again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast