Quantcast
Microsoft FLIGHT - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Microsoft FLIGHT

My Ride
    99 Suzuki Katana 600 + 97 Subaru Legacy Wagon.

Default Microsoft FLIGHT

Just downloaded and played this for about 3 hours straight on 2 aircraft LOL

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/

This is a FREE 2 PLAY game. Naturally that means you can buy stuff to make the free part better..

You start with the BIG island of Hawaii and are able to buy the rest of the island chain for 1600 Microsoft points OR $19.99. The game comes with the Icon A5 ultralight (able to land on land and water) as its only available FREE aircraft. However if you sign into your XBOX LIVE GOLD account you do get one more "free" airplane a Boeing-Stearman Model 75. If you buy the Hawaiian Island expansion you get a VANS RV-6A. Probably the BEST plane available so far in the game.

you are able to buy 2 more aircraft. A P51 Mustang (650 gamer points) and a Maule. (1200 gamer points). The P51 is only an outside flight model and has no cockpit pretty much explaining why its the cheaper of the two aircraft to buy. The Maule (a full flight model and cockpit) being a useful cargo carrying aircraft and pretty much made for a lot of the missions available in the game.

The second expansion is going to be available for download sometime in the spring (my guess is April) and will be Alaska plus some new so far unannounced aircraft..

A large downer to the game is that you wont be able to go to places like Simviation etc and download new free aircraft. You'll only get whatever Microsoft develops and you buy with your gamer points just like on XBOX. Because of this, I can see the game over time being around the 400+ mark to buy everything they might release.. Makes me wish they put out a season pass for this game..

The game runs very smooth on my older system. This game isn't being made to cater to the hardcore Quad core gaming pc audience but more of an all around everyone can play it game for the average core 2 duo crowd. I pumped it up to MAX graphics and my machine ran it at around 9/10 with only a little bit of a larger load time and very little "Jumping" of the camera when in outside views panning around. On medium settings it ran with out any hitch and was very quick to load.

The music is FANTASTIC, and the voice acting is top notch. I'm really enjoying the virtual checklists that you can choose to use and how simple they made the UI to actually follow that check list..

The missions are so far pretty fun and give you something to do that just fly from point A to point B and they give you the option to jump to way-points if you don't feel like spending 20 minutes flying to your mission objective location. That may sound like they take the flying part out of the flying game.. but believe me .. 30 nautical miles at 85-90 Knots takes a while... lol

Hope you enjoy the bit of a review, hope to see you in the virtual skies!
    99 Suzuki Katana 600
    97 Subaru Legacy Wagon
    95 Subaru WRX STi JDM tyte

My Ride
    S14|TB1

like 10 down or so

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/350176/mi...-free-to-play/

after getting xplane 10, idk if i want to go back to M$ Flight, just doesn't compare anymore unfortunately, but Flight is free so can't really complain