Quantcast
Furniture stores in Calgary - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Furniture stores in Calgary

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

Default Furniture stores in Calgary

Would anyone be able to suggest a few good furniture stores in Calgary? We're building a house and need to furnish almost all the rooms. When we sold our previous home, the owners wanted most of it in the deal. We live in Lethbridge and don't have a whole lot of selection. Ashley's, the brick and Leon's would be the main ones.

We are looking for decent quality furniture without the outrageous pricing. So nothing super high end but not jysk grade either. We are getting some stuff at IKEA like a few bed frames since IKEA is cheap. For couches, dinning room furniture we would like to find something a bit nicer. Our style is modern/contemporary but not too sterile and minimalistic. We need our stuff to still be homey and comfortable.

Ideally we would like to find a store that ships whenever you need it sent out and that will delivery to you, not just to the store. We are going up tomorrow to browse and most likely wait until Black Friday to make purchases.

If anyone that could give us suggestions or recommend a good place locally, please let me know! Not interested in buying furniture online because you never know if the couch you bought is comfy or stiff and cheap.

Thanks in advance for the help
    Last edited by funkedelic2; 10-28-2016 at 07:22 PM.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

I have been a big fan of Structube recently, check them out. Their prices can be a tad high, but overall I find it all pretty good. Got a round dining table and a pop up coffee table from them, both excellent quality as far as I can tell.

My Ride
    V8s

Nordesign.

We've got some furniture from there, and so do my parents and some other family. Very good quality, and pretty nice stuff. Not the cheapest, certainly not the most expensive. We also like contemporary (but not outrageous) furniture, and they have a lot of that at Nordesign.

They have a sale every few months that you'll want to wait for where they get rid of their in excess stock items, I believe the last one just ended not long ago. Expect to save 30-50% on one of those sales.

My Ride
    TDi

Might want to list your budget as the pricing can go from reasonable, to nice, to ridiculous. All my furniture is from EQ3. They have scratch and save promotions quite often where you can save from 5-20%
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

I'm a big fan of http://perfecthomefurniture.com/ in Deerfoot meadows, got our sectional and bedroom suite there. Prices are very good for what you get IMO and they do deliver.

I spent months looking for furniture, my requirements were Canadian made (or just really well made), and not crazy expensive. Ended up buying at Urban Barn. It's amazing how much garbage furniture is out there. A good sized couch with chaise lounge and their best fabric was around $1,600 which is half of what a lot of other places wanted for a lower quality set.

Another testament to Urban Barn's quality (or rather their manufacturers in Vancouver) is when we had to move one of their couches through a too-small stairwell of a condo building. Took us 4 hours, literally forcing the couch through, bumping and scraping it everywhere. We eventually wrote it off and stopped caring about its well being at all, doing whatever it took to get it out of there. At the end, it was still in good enough shape to be used in a living room.

Costco also sells some pieces that come from the same Canadian supplier(s) Urban Barn uses for cheaper, but you can't pick your fabric and it's tough to look at it before you buy.

Couple friends of mine have used Revolve and had good experiences and the furniture is nice but it was $5,000 for a standard sectional.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-31-2016 at 10:14 AM.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Originally posted by eblend
    I have been a big fan of Structube recently, check them out. Their prices can be a tad high, but overall I find it all pretty good. Got a round dining table and a pop up coffee table from them, both excellent quality as far as I can tell.
    They have a huge sale going on right now and we jumped all over it. Really nice quality stuff that doesnt have outrageous pricing. We picked up a dresser, shelving unit, reading chair and a bunch of pillows and accessories. Definitely recommend Structube as well.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    19 GLI

I have to second EQ3 as I go to see Kari for most of my furniture. Most of it it is made in Canada and they stand behind there products for sure. My sectional came with a small tear in it and replaced the whole thing with basically no questions asked. Their pricing is reasonable and the service is great.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by calgary350z
    I have to second EQ3 as I go to see Kari for most of my furniture. Most of it it is made in Canada and they stand behind there products for sure. My sectional came with a small tear in it and replaced the whole thing with basically no questions asked. Their pricing is reasonable and the service is great.
    Just don't buy any of the classic pieces they have there. (i.e. any of the Herman Miller branded items) They are far cheaper if you buy them from the commercial dealer Contemporary Office Interiors than to buy them retail....basically anything that is a reproduction item can be found much cheaper elsewhere.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Most of our stuff came from Maria Tomas(mostly Canadian made pieces) Crate and Barrel. But I think we did pick up some pieces from Country Furniture and Urban Barn as well. Unless it's custom, there's always a sale or deal to be had. Just be patient and buy stuff that you will like, even if it means it will take longer to arrive or cost more. Buying something twice is such a pain in the ass/expensive.

we moved into our newly-built home a couple of years ago. we bought almost all of our main floor furniture from urban barn. we got a pretty good deal from them (30% off the total price, I think?), because we got a volume purchase discount. our upstairs furniture are all from Ashley. we've been pretty happy with our furniture so far.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

I have been using Revolve for all my new couches etc for both upstairs and the basement. The quality is great and there are lots of good deals if you hunt for them. The one sectional was normal $5000 but the person who special ordered it bailed out and we got it for $1500. Another couch was $1800 and we picked it up on a clearance sale for $600. It just depends what exactly you want.

If you do, talk to Nick Mao who is the manager at the Cross Iron branch. He is a good client of mine and is an awesome guy and will help you out no problem. Name drop if you like too. lol

Urban Barn also gets my vote. Don't go to the one in Deerfoot meadows because it's limited on products. Apparently the Mission location and the one in NW have more items on sale.

Showhome furniture also has good pieces, especially if a large house.

Lazy Boy has treated me well in the past.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Originally posted by darthVWader
    Lazy Boy has treated me well in the past.
    I just got some flyer mail about a big "exclusive" Lazyboy sale coming up. Might be a good idea go early Thursday and see what they have on sale. It says to bring the invitation, so PM if you want to pick it up.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by tirebob
    I have been using Revolve for all my new couches etc for both upstairs and the basement. The quality is great and there are lots of good deals if you hunt for them. The one sectional was normal $5000 but the person who special ordered it bailed out and we got it for $1500. Another couch was $1800 and we picked it up on a clearance sale for $600. It just depends what exactly you want.

If you do, talk to Nick Mao who is the manager at the Cross Iron branch. He is a good client of mine and is an awesome guy and will help you out no problem. Name drop if you like too. lol
    I disagree..I think their quality is average at best and many off the pieces they sell can be had for at least 25% less if you just do a little bit of digging.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

Originally posted by Lex350

I disagree..I think their quality is average at best and many off the pieces they sell can be had for at least 25% less if you just do a little bit of digging.
    I agree with this comment. In my mind, Revolve is the most overpriced furniture store for what they carry. If you look for and find the product name/model, you can search online to see it offered elsewhere for a much lower price, sometimes even with shipping added.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

FYI Eisenburg Furniture store on Edmonton Trail is having a "CLOSING- EVERYTHING MUST GO" Sale. I know their stuff are super expensive to be begin with but.. probably worth a look?

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by ee2k

I agree with this comment. In my mind, Revolve is the most overpriced furniture store for what they carry. If you look for and find the product name/model, you can search online to see it offered elsewhere for a much lower price, sometimes even with shipping added.

Most of there stuff is imported from China. Some of it is ok quality some of it is garbage....all of it is over priced.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

I went to about 12 different stores last weekend.

I was impressed by Showhome Furniture (great quality, fairly priced), and Structube (Great Design, very fairly priced). Ended up buying my table at Urban Barn though, which I thought was pretty solid.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast