Quantcast
LED Light bulbs? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: LED Light bulbs?

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

CFLs suck almost everywhere. I have them in my hallway lights, that's it.

LED or incan anywhere that matters.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    Gas guzzler!

LED bulbs: The end of the lightbulb as we know it?

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2012...-the-lightbulb

I'm in the process of buying a 2nd home from 1978, as I replace the light fixtures I will replace with LED bulbs.

Originally posted by Bladeh
    LED bulbs: The end of the lightbulb as we know it?

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2012...-the-lightbulb

I'm in the process of buying a 2nd home from 1978, as I replace the light fixtures I will replace with LED bulbs.
    Electrical providers aren't going to tolerate losing such a large part of their profit. They'll raise electricity costs accordingly.

My Ride
    Audi

NEC Lighting has produced a union 'twixt wireless speaker and LED ceiling light that's controllable with an Android phone. You can rock out to your favorite tunes over Bluetooth at the same you play with the brightness and color temperature of the light. Or you can switch to one of three presets that offer active, natural or relaxed light and sound to permeate your living room. The company's hoping to have it perfected in time for the end of this year and if your imagination can't stretch to picture a singing light fitting, then head on past the break to see it in action.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/19/nec-speaker-light/
    Hopefully they have an outdoor version too!

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Originally posted by Seth1968

Electrical providers aren't going to tolerate losing such a large part of their profit. They'll raise electricity costs accordingly.
    Electric cars will compensate for the loss. We will always be a net increasing power consuming society.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

Originally posted by Seth1968
    Electricity providers probably don't care because more efficient light bulbs aren't going to make a whole hill of beans difference what with all of the electronic crap in our homes that is constantly consuming electricity even when off - that electricity meter is always a spinning even in the middle of the night.

Originally posted by speedog
    Electricity providers probably don't care because more efficient light bulbs aren't going to make a whole hill of beans difference what with all of the electronic crap in our homes that is constantly consuming electricity even when off - that electricity meter is always a spinning even in the middle of the night.
    Agreed

Aunt and Uncle in law just finished a substantial renovation on their place, pretty much a gut job. They put LED's in every fixture they could, pot lights, accent lighting, outdoor lighting etc. At the end of the day the reduced electrical load via LED's is great I guess but it doesn't compare to the extra electrical loads they added. 2 electric steam showers, 2 Sub Zero fridges, Full size Sub Zero wine and beer fridges, hot tub. As a society we'll always consumer more.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

If anyone's looking for R30 LED bulbs, the Costco by Ikea has two kinds in stock right now. I can't speak for the other locations.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

BUMP!!

I bought some replacement LEDs from Costco for my GU10's. They're Luminus GU10 Floor. EXTLED G10 is the model. I replaced 35W & 50W Halogens with them, and I'm VERY impressed. $29 for 2, which is cheaper than I've seen anywhere else. They're 3000k color, so they're whiter than standard halogens which are quite yellow, but they're not too harsh. Single LED, 38 degree lense. 6.5W. Warrantied for 25000 hours.

If anyone is interested, I have one left over. $20 and it's yours.

http://www.tcpi.com/commercial/energ...alculator.aspx
    Last edited by codetrap; 01-30-2013 at 07:43 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride

10 months to payback.. not too shabby.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 02:16 AM.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

electricity is closer to $0.15 with all the extra fees.

$6 for an incandecent bulb is really expensive!

well, plus they last forever, ...

not according to the pm i know who retrofitted his portfolio with them. he says they last about half of what they say, but he still loves them!
    ----------------------------------

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

these are the ones am using, i am swapping them out like 4 a month, just for budget purposes, you can find em at home depot i think they were like $30/pair

So far i like them, they are a little odd at first in my upward facing chandelier because they dont have any light coming out the socket side of the bulb... but you forget about it pretty quick

User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

I went with the PAR20 dimmable LED's from Costco for my basement pots and so far they've been awesome.
    asdf

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I haven't changed a lightbulb in forever haha. It's kinda weird that there's no more heat coming from light bulbs. I have to crank the temps a degree or 2 on the colder days.

Anyone know what the actual color temp of those Philips soft white bulbs are? It's surprising how big of a difference there is between 2700K and 3000K. I have to choose what color to use in each room for the right "mood".
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

Originally posted by benyl
    electricity is closer to $0.15 with all the extra fees.

$6 for an incandecent bulb is really expensive!
    http://www.homedepot.ca/product/50-w...od-bulb/917989

Originally posted by kaput
    Which Costco location? I just picked up a Phillips 6.5W at Home Depot and it was $29 for the one. It was the first 6.5W GU10 I've seen in town so I jumped on it but I haven't opened it yet so it can still be returned.
    Crossiron. If you need an odd number.. I'll happily sell my extra one for the $15 cost.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Bumpy!

I thought I would update this with my results so far.

So, out of the 115 60w floodlights in my showroom, I have replaced 35 of them with TCP 17W LED Floods (2700k). The colour and brightness are excellent, and our electricity bill has dropped by an average of $100/month (down from $850/month). I am now just replacing the rest as the old ones burn out, so I wont be fully transitioned to LED for another year or so. I really want to see how efficient I can make this place!

I know for sure I will be replacing all the bulbs in my house with LED. It just seems logical to me.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride

Originally posted by Tomaz
    Bumpy!

I thought I would update this with my results so far.

So, out of the 115 60w floodlights in my showroom, I have replaced 35 of them with TCP 17W LED Floods (2700k). The colour and brightness are excellent, and our electricity bill has dropped by an average of $100/month (down from $850/month). I am now just replacing the rest as the old ones burn out, so I wont be fully transitioned to LED for another year or so. I really want to see how efficient I can make this place!

I know for sure I will be replacing all the bulbs in my house with LED. It just seems logical to me.
    I saw $750/month for electricity, and I was like HOLY CRAP until I saw "showroom".... hehe. Yeah, it makes quite the difference. You might want to do the math on the costs of power vs replacement for the rest of the bulbs all at once.. if you're saving $100/month 35 of them ($100 for %30) , it stands to reason you'd save another $200/month by replacing the rest of them all at once. Then put your old bulbs up on kijiji for cheap. :P Someone will buy them...

Edit: Also, depending on who makes the bulbs, or where you're buying them. It might be worthwhile to check and see if you can't make a bulk purchase and lower your costs at the point of purchase. I know that our building did that when they started transitioning to LED, and I heard they had substantial savings over retail.
    Last edited by codetrap; 03-20-2013 at 11:16 AM.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Originally posted by codetrap
    I saw $750/month for electricity, and I was like HOLY CRAP until I saw "showroom".... hehe. Yeah, it makes quite the difference. You might want to do the math on the costs of power vs replacement for the rest of the bulbs all at once.. if you're saving $100/month 35 of them ($100 for %30) , it stands to reason you'd save another $200/month by replacing the rest of them all at once. Then put your old bulbs up on kijiji for cheap. :P Someone will buy them...

Edit: Also, depending on who makes the bulbs, or where you're buying them. It might be worthwhile to check and see if you can't make a bulk purchase and lower your costs at the point of purchase. I know that our building did that when they started transitioning to LED, and I heard they had substantial savings over retail.
    Haha! Yeah, I would cringe too seeing that bill. Running a grow-op, but don't tell anybody

I did present that to the higher-ups, but they cringed at the thought of dropping $8000 on bulbs. Still, I am buying them bulk through Commercial Lighting at about $65/bulb instead of $80/bulb (or something like that). Plus these older ones are burning out at a decent pace right now, so It wont be long before I have all of them replaced.

I have also used a couple out at the homestead for our security lights (they run 24/7), and the bill has dropped by about $40/month just on the 3 lights they go on! Great test for outdoor use too, these things haven't had an issue in 2 years now, and they are fully exposed.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast