Quantcast
anyone here have a sodastream? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: anyone here have a sodastream?

Originally posted by phreezee
    Long story short, KegConnection denied my promo code for free shipping so I cancelled my order.

Now I'm determined to make my own. Today I went to Canadian Tire and bought some tubeless valve for $4.89. I drilled holes into some Coke bottle caps and pressed the valves in. Put in some cold tap water, tightened the caps and used my air compressor to pressurize the bottle, shook it and it worked like a charm. Of course it didn't work as well as with pure CO2, but it served as a proof of concept before I buy the expensive tank and regulator.
    You used your air compressor...to carbonate something you will put in your body....

I hope to fuck your compressor is oiless and has a very healthy air drying system before you start drinking it.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Haha, I was gonna say, that's one funky tasting drink.

FYI we were able to get a contract with coca cola to get legit coca cola syrup to mix. If you want some let me know. They sell it in large quantities.

Originally posted by lilmira
    Haha, I was gonna say, that's one funky tasting drink.
    Derail.....Is that your pup in your avitar? That looks EXACTLY like my shiba haha

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Originally posted by spike98

Derail.....Is that your pup in your avitar? That looks EXACTLY like my shiba haha
    Yep, that's my boy, all 35lb of trouble making lol.

Now back to funky tasting drink.

My Ride
    M3P

Originally posted by pea_soup
    FYI we were able to get a contract with coca cola to get legit coca cola syrup to mix. If you want some let me know. They sell it in large quantities.
    Do you get them in the Bag in a Box?

Coke Zero? Sprite Zero?

How Many L, and how much?

Originally posted by awolxxx
    Wow, I didn't realize so many people are worried about my health.
    Not worried about your health... More or less disappointed in the stupidity that seems to plague our society now a days. Your wife wants you to drink more water because she wants you to be more healthy, and yet you still manage to take it and still make it bad for you. If you can't see the stupidity in that, all hope is lost.

Next thing you know we're gonna have electrolyte-filled sports drink coming out of our water fountains...
    Last edited by Spoons; 01-12-2012 at 04:30 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by Spoons

Next thing you know we're gonna have electrolyte-filled sports drink coming out of our water fountains...

Originally posted by Abeo

It's good for plants! It's got electrolytes!

My Ride
    CBR 929

Fucking first world problems man.

I don't like drinking water (you know, not like it's the life blood of existance or anything) so I make it carbonated... In which I turn something that is good for me bad.

I drink a lot of coffee at work (maybe 3 cups in the day) but fuck do I pound back water. Water is delicious, no clue why you need it carbonated.
    I think water tastes like shit. And don't tell me it tastes like "nothing". If a type of food tasted like "nothing" nobody would eat it. So yes, I like bubbles, and preferably sugar added to mine. Bet I can count the number of glasses of water I drink in a month on one hand.

[url]

Originally posted by hurrdurr

Do you get them in the Bag in a Box?

Coke Zero? Sprite Zero?

How Many L, and how much?

The boxes I get are rated for 100L. Yep its a bag in a box basically.

I can't post prices publicly. It's just way cheaper than buying bottles in store. I would say the savings are in the 50% to 60% range.

My Ride
    bus pass... again

I too dont drink water normally, but i do drink dasani bottled water...some how i feel like there some sort of taste to it. try that
    我係阿仔

Originally posted by bignerd

I think water tastes like shit. And don't tell me it tastes like "nothing". If a type of food tasted like "nothing" nobody would eat it. So yes, I like bubbles, and preferably sugar added to mine. Bet I can count the number of glasses of water I drink in a month on one hand.
    That is sketchy, the first time you pass a kidney stone and are crying like a baby on floor of a washroom you'll probably think twice haha(no thankfully I've never been there!). I take it you probably don't spend much time at the gym? With the amount of water an active person has to drink you'd be dropping some serious coin if you are just drinking carbonated and flavored drinks. Maybe with a sedentary lifestyle you could get away with it.

Originally posted by bignerd

Man do I love arguing a point that is impossible to prove me wrong...

It's seems like I'm trying to argue with a Catholic that God doesn't exist...

Exactly what J-Hop said. I had a kidney stone when I was younger cause I didn't drink enough water. You'll start liking water damn quickly when you pass that mother fucker.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Exactly what J-Hop said. I had a kidney stone when I was younger cause I didn't drink enough water. You'll start liking water damn quickly when you pass that mother fucker.
    I know this feeling very well. There is a DAMNED GOOD REASON I drink 3-4 liters of water per DAY.

Quick lesson kiddies: Imagine a texas steak, a full inch thick. Imagine a large pebble from your alleyway. Imagine that the steak is made up entirely of nerve endings, and pushing that pebble through the meat with a hydraulic press, and you get about 1/4 of the feeling of a kidney stone.

Drink water. You absolutely do NOT want to have a kidney stone.
    Geek

Originally posted by pea_soup

The boxes I get are rated for 100L. Yep its a bag in a box basically.

I can't post prices publicly. It's just way cheaper than buying bottles in store. I would say the savings are in the 50% to 60% range.
    PM me a price and hopefully I can resist since I'm actually trying to stop drinking pop and only using my new system for carbonating reverse osmosis filtered water.

I've got my locking tire chuck, 300psi hose, bottles, and 10lb co2 tank is on it's way. Got a used tank and regulator, just have to get the tank hydro tested and filled and I'm good to go. System will be <$50 all told.

For myself, sparkling water will have no health detriments and maybe even some health benefits:

Myths busted:
    http://nutritiondiva.quickanddirtyti...d-for-you.aspx

http://www.ehow.com/about_5365577_ha...ted-water.html

Benefits: http://www.drbriffa.com/2005/01/23/sparkling-water/

Compared to the still mineral water, the drinking of sparkling water brought about significant reductions in the level of low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (generally regarded as a risk factor for heart disease), as well as a significant increase in levels of high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol (generally taken to reduce heart disease risk). These and other biochemical changes induced by drinking sparkling water were estimated to reduce the women’s risk of developing heart disease over the next decade by about a third.

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Benefits: http://www.drbriffa.com/2005/01/23/sparkling-water/

Did you read it all?

"More likely, the benefits of the water used in the study are related to its high mineral content compared to the still water it was tested against"

They didn't use the same water in both studies, and the sparkling drink used water that was much higher in sodium. He goes on to say in that article that it is likely the sodium content that caused the reduction in cholesterol levels:

"This throws up the possibility that the sparkling water’s relatively high sodium content might actually have played some part in its apparent ability to quell levels of unhealthy cholesterol."

I would want to see a real scientific test done, where the same plain water was carbonated. Otherwise its just some guy trying to sell books.

Originally posted by GTS4tw
    I would want to see a real scientific test done, where the same plain water was carbonated.
    You'd get a very boring paper filled with things like "no significant difference", "claims are not plausible" and "concerns are unwarranted" and nobody wants to write an article about that.

^^ yes, I realized this wasn't scientific at all, so I chose my wording carefully.

... maybe even some health benefits:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast