Quantcast
Chevrolet Blows Away Tesla With the Bolt EV - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chevrolet Blows Away Tesla With the Bolt EV

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    It isn't going to be the same money... there is no question that the Bolt will be cheaper
    Yes and no. The base Bolt is more expensive than the Base Model 3. Both have similar performance in terms of range and acceleration. One is FWD, while the other is RWD. The Bolt will have some rebates to start off with, while the Model 3 won't have any as the rich folks with the S and X have taken it all by the time it's in production.

they both look like shit... battle of the loser EV's seems to involve an "ugly" contest IMO

I will say the interior of the Tesla 3 is complete garbage though
    I like the look of the Bolt, and the way its design maximizes cabin space. The interior is miles ahead of the Tesla even in base trim compared to the current concept. But that's just me, I'm not a fan of minimalistic designs.

As a side note, there's a lot of cool tech with the Bolt that most people don't even know about, the rear view mirror being not a mirror but a screen using the reverse camera, and to ensure you always have a clean view, heated high pressure jets to clean that rear camera automatically. GM didn't do a great job of whoring out the Bolt's technologies through media channels, not sure if that's by design or not.

Because funding gas stations has never been profitable maybe?
    That and the chargepoint network already has 3x more industry standard (aka non Tesla Supercharger) charging points than what Tesla plans to have in 3 years.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

It isn't going to be the same money... there is no question that the Bolt will be cheaper

they both look like shit... battle of the loser EV's seems to involve an "ugly" contest IMO

I will say the interior of the Tesla 3 is complete garbage though
    Well according to both websites the bolt is 37k and the tesla is 35k.

And thanks for admitting that the bolt is ugly, seriously who's going to buy that right?

And I guess its good news that the interior is going to change! Something about space ship like steering wheel controls, cant wait.

Originally posted by supe
    Also regarding the Bolt, looks like GM doesn't have enough confidence in it to help fund a charging network
    Why would they need to do that?

The vast majority of people buying electric vehicles will charge them at home as they will be using the cars for daily commuting and always stay within the range of the vehicle. Only a TINY percentage would be taking them on an extended road trip.

GM knows its market.

Telsa is wasting their money on their Supercharger network.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

And I guess its good news that the interior is going to change! Something about space ship like steering wheel controls, cant wait.
    That makes total sense, space ship controls to operate a car. Unless of course Elon blows us away and the Model 3 is fitted with a hover conversion.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 04:51 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

space ship controls

I'll stick to my steering wheel

Good thing Teslas can drive themselves
    Last edited by killramos; 04-06-2016 at 03:09 PM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Originally posted by rage2

That and the chargepoint network already has 3x more industry standard (aka non Tesla Supercharger) charging points than what Tesla plans to have in 3 years.
    As a potential bolt owner you may want to check into this. It may have more charging stations but they are all of the crap variety which will take forever to charge a big battery. The fast charging standard that the Bolt uses is very uncommon right now and needs funding to build it out. Meaning to go a long distance will probably not be possible. Vs Tesla's superchargers that allow you to go coast to coast in the US.

My Ride
    BMW X5

Why do you make it sound like Tesla's can't use the chargepoint network? Tesla's come with charging adapters for every industry standard.

My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane

Why do you make it sound like Tesla isn't better? Don't ruffle the fanbois yo!

My Ride
    BMW X5

Originally posted by RealJimmyJames
    Why do you make it sound like Tesla isn't better? Don't ruffle the fanbois yo!
    Sorry, I didn't realize stating a fact made me a fanboi. When I read rages statement, it sounded to me like he's saying the bolt has a charging network that Teslas can't use. Did I misread it?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

You misread it. We're talking about why GM isn't investing in a charging network. It's a moot point anyways because in the future there will be a standard that everyone will adhere to. Everyone buying an EV today is simply an early adopter and will get fucked one way or another.

Here's hoping that the Alberta government will start to offer some incentives. Some of the other provinces are and it would make the Volt Gen II bearable at $35K loaded. I'd like some of my tax dollars back.

My Ride
    BMW X5

I did misread it, your right.

There may be some new industry standard in the future but I don't see how a new adapter wouldn't solve the problem for early adopters. The fact is that electrical power is pretty simple. There is only volts, amps, and hertz.

I hope the new CHAdeMO chargers catch on though. It's the only one that can almost rival the superchargers in speed.

Originally posted by Xtrema

iOS is only available from Apple. Not sure what Tesla bring to market that is exclusive.

If you watch how Apple never really gain ground over the years...
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

The D pillar pinch while not original, also not exclusive to i3. Both Murano and RX350 has them now.
    I'll take profit over market share all day long.

Yes and no. The base Bolt is more expensive than the Base Model 3. Both have similar performance in terms of range and acceleration. One is FWD, while the other is RWD. The Bolt will have some rebates to start off with, while the Model 3 won't have any as the rich folks with the S and X have taken it all by the time it's in production.

I like the look of the Bolt, and the way its design maximizes cabin space. The interior is miles ahead of the Tesla even in base trim compared to the current concept. But that's just me, I'm not a fan of minimalistic designs.

As a side note, there's a lot of cool tech with the Bolt that most people don't even know about, the rear view mirror being not a mirror but a screen using the reverse camera, and to ensure you always have a clean view, heated high pressure jets to clean that rear camera automatically. GM didn't do a great job of whoring out the Bolt's technologies through media channels, not sure if that's by design or not.

Chargepoint could cover every inch of the earth and it'd still be useless.

It takes an hour just to add 19 miles range and, because each location's price is set independently, it's really irritating having fluctuating prices.

Supercharger is free and gets you 170 miles in range in 40 minutes. If you're going from here to Vancouver, there's no comparison between the two.
    Last edited by RedDawn; 04-06-2016 at 07:15 PM.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

I didn't think Tesla actually confirmed any pricing at this point. I though it was just a vague Elon wave of "Yeah it will cost yaaaah amount"... and then later on they will tack on 10~20K in extras that you can't get it without.
    So basically you just make shit up and believe it

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

So basically you just make shit up and believe it
    No that's tesla and you. Get your shit straight.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by RedDawn
    Chargepoint could cover every inch of the earth and it'd still be useless.

It takes an hour just to add 19 miles range and, because each location's price is set independently, it's really irritating having fluctuating prices.

Supercharger is free and gets you 170 miles in range in 40 minutes. If you're going from here to Vancouver, there's no comparison between the two.
    Chademo charges at 1/2 the speed of Supercharger, while SAE Combo charges at the same speed, both of which are DC charging and is covered by the Chargepoint network.

You're talking about the slow AC charging. Maybe you're thinking of sun country highway, who have level 2 chargers plastered through the country.

As for free, don't get your hopes up.

http://gas2.org/2016/04/05/model-3-m...eges-standard/

Straight out of Tesla's mouth.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Both have similar performance in terms of range and acceleration.
    The bolt 0-60 is sub 7 seconds, the Model 3 is sub 6 seconds.

I looked it up its roughly the equivalent of comparing a 174HP civic (6.8 sec) to a 300HP Maxima (5.9 sec)

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

As for free, don't get your hopes up.

http://gas2.org/2016/04/05/model-3-m...eges-standard/

Straight out of Tesla's mouth.
    To be fair i take this as more of an admission that early model S's weren't capable and for a while it was an optional extra. Where as now they are saying that the base Model 3 has the hardware.

Then again i have been one of the biggest skeptics of the perpetual giving away free electricity concept.

Its like when cell providers decided unlimited data smart phones were a good idea. People WILL ALWAYS abuse.

fact.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast