Quantcast
A3/S3 European Refresh (8V) - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: A3/S3 European Refresh (8V)

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

They were taking deposits last year, had a few cars spoken for when I asked a sales guy. Apparently they only get a small allocation for Glenmore and Royal Oak but he didn't know how many exactly.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Yeah you can put down deposit for the next RS3 to hold a spot if you want to. Then you top up the deposit when time comes to place an order. I was in the lineup for the S3 before it was even announced in Canada. If you want an RS3, you'd better let them know ASAP.

Today is the day then.

Thanks guys.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Good luck, update when you get one. It's definitely a neat car.

2500 dollars down. I'm in line for an allocation with the delivery set to start around July.

Pricing guide above is slightly wrong. The "sport package" includes the speed governor removal which is 280k+

So I optioned nardo grey w/ PPE (Black Optics), PPD (technology), OP6 (sport exhaust w/ black tips) restitching on black interior. On the order sheet.

Black optics is just ricer accessories, all the trim and mirrors are black, front valence and rear lip.

Technology gets me lane assist, adaptive cruise, high beam assist, crash pre braking.

Sport exhaust explains itself.

The car already comes pretty loaded in base trim. The only weird thing is how if you want power seats you have to get them in only one colorway and they are comfort... Aka way less cupping. Oh well, I don't really care. They are heated and have some power functions. Sales guy said it was about weight savings.

I elected for a late delivery. I'll see mine around Sept. I want to drive one with the sport suspension. If I like it I will add it. My sales guy said it wouldn't make the car unbearable but it's definitely a lot stiffer and about 1/2" lower. I don't want that in Calgary. Call me a bitch, but I'm over having to dodge and weave every little bump in the road and go sideways up entrances and speed bumps.

The pricing sheet posted above is accurate. Can't comment on final price just yet. In a few days I will though. They are working a trade in value which I may just sell privately if they don't hit my number. (12' a4).

Overall this was the fastest decision I've ever made in my life. I was a couple days off buying my first BMW m car. I shopped an m2 since when Killy posted about his m235i. My wife has a gla45, so you damn right there will be a head to head. .
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

wow that was quick lol.

If the RS suspension is similar to the S, the dynamic setting is already plenty stiff. Going over speed bumps get my stuff bouncing around in my car. I don't think I can live with having it stiff like that all the time.

I have the same sport seats. If you don't have to adjust your seat often, it really doesn't matter. The interior looks so much nicer with those seats. I thought there is another option for actual buckets, guess it's not available in Canada.

Go choice on Nardo Grey.

Only two seat choices unfortunately. I was kind of hoping for a power bucket. But i guess it would have been a massive pain to make this car over the top customizable.

I got a rush of adrenalin after your posts and I just went and did it. I was always in the market this year for my first brand new car, it was down to an M2 or a gla45. My wife ended up getting a gla45 so for me it was now m2. To be honest I didn't think we were going to get an rs3 sedan. I really prefer hatches to sedans, but that 5 cylinder and a 7spd dct. Come on. I'm selling my a4. Honestly, I haven't had a worry free summer car in 4 years. I have to baby my gtr, and it isn't fun to just putz around in. It's loud, it's smelly and quite frankly it's a track toy. My winter gtr will be much more fun. Before that my rs4 was nearing total catastrophic failure mileage so I never went on long road trips for fear I'd lose my shirt at sale time. Before that my s4 was modified and was ridiculously low.

I just wanted a tossable higher hp rwd or awd go cart. So I'm taking a chance. I loved my rs4. This is about the same (ish) power in a much lighter and smaller package with a proper dct transmission.

I was wrong though, I won't see a car until September, regardless, apparently. I'm #4 in Alberta so far. They aren't going to start taking orders until mid March to april. But apparently if one dealer runs out of allocations they can reach out to another dealer with more allocations and buy a spot for an allocation "fee".

Sales guy really tried to sell me on the ceramic brakes, but when I asked if they squeeled he said "ceramic breaks never squeel". It was at that point that I stopped believing him. I was very close to buying more ricer additions like the carbon fiber inlay and different wheels. But, there's time yet for me to add that.

I really want to drive this car with sport suspension. But what you said, lilmira is really comforting.

I'm still kind of feeling giddy, I don't want to think about the nearly 70-72k I'm paying for this thing all said and done, yet.

Come on oil!!!!

Join me.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Congrats dude! I'd like to think I was a major part in pushing you to this quick decision lol.

I would almost configure my imaginary RS3 much like yours. If they offered ceramics for all four corners for 5-6000 I would definitely do it. But only for the fronts? Get bent. I would probably delete the PPD, since you get the basic features without this package, and I think that's probably good enough. I would probably option for the sport suspension too, since you can change it to comfort it's too harsh for booting around town in.

Who was your sales guy? I should have given you my contacts over there, I was able to get a discount on a 2018 Allroad, when no one else is PM me if you want, I can text a sales manager, and put in a good word for you, if you want.

You and lilmira are for sure the two answering to my wife when she finds out tonight.

Just kidding, I showed her this thread and she agreed with you and the hatch comment.

You guys get first chance to take it for a rip when it arrives. We should do a meet at the dealer, it will be like an acceptance speech with my hype team on stage lol.

I almost didn't want PPD but it the scheme of things it's not expensive and it will help me of I go to sell it late in 2019/20 for an updated rs3. Who knows, maybe I'll fall in love and keep it forever... I just don't know if I could keep a vehicle like this knowing what the cost of ownership would look like outside of warranty. I also got the extra airbags in the back for the same reason. The virtual cockpit is going to be amazing.

From what I understand the differing suspension also has different bushings. I don't know about you guys but when it gets cooler my a4 clunks and scratchy creaks a bit. Has less than 70k on it. I would go mental if I had more of that with a sport suspension in my sports car.

I figure by the time I'm beating on this car at a track, stop tech or another brand will have a big brake kit available. I don't want squealy brakes. I know it sounds dumb, but I have to believe that the stock brakes can slow the car down adequately for spirited use on road and very little track duty. I also don't know how much of a diminishing return it would be to have that type of braking system on a car that will see 70% of all braking events at a normal to slightly above normal rate.

I'm still ruminating about the red calipers lol. Should I just yolo it?

Thanks npham. I asked about movement on price and my guy all but punched me in the face, even after the deposit. I suspect I can negotiate more before the order goes in. But the price is the price. They are willing to help me on pdi and a bit of freight if I finance with them, but my loc looks to be a lower rate than the hypothetical rate in Sept from Audi. Besides my bank loc is way more flexible. The only way to force their hand is if someone else renegs on their order and it becomes deadstock. But for this car that looks unlikely. Surprisingly enough a lot of people have put down deposits Canada wide.

I'm looking at ~71k all in w/tax minus trade in. My current car is paid off so atleast I know I'll have 20ishk from the dealer if I can't sell it before hand to put down. I won't have a final number until I put in my order.

Join me.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Yea, I haven't really thought about rates at this point, since I have no idea when my allocation will be fulfilled on the the Allroad. There's 2 people ahead of me, and they said that I shouldn't expect to see a car till August/Sept for a 2018 build. Maybe our cars will be on the boat together!

If the RS4 Avant comes here, hopefully you can just cancel your RS3 order and get that instead. It will have the new engine that Porsche and Audi collaborated together with. I doubt it will be as good as the engine in the Alfa, that thing is a beast.

God I cry tears of financial misery for the Alfa. When I visited Alfa museum just outside milan it kind of changed me. So much of me wants an Alfa. But that car is well to expensive for me. No way I can afford it. Especially when it breaks down. I'd have to sell my house. Ferrari engine? Oh yes. Japanese built? What sorcery is this.

I like the idea of the rs4 but I really just want a small car... I mean the decision wasnt because it was available, it was because I really, really like it.

Join me.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

I'm very good at persuading people to buy things, mostly myself

I'll take your offer to check it out when you get it.

I'm with you on the size of the car. It feels like a small coupe but it can easily fit two people in the back when necessary.

My Ride
    lots

Thanks to this thread I'm looking at replacing my s4 with one of these.

My contact is saying $5k deposit though.
    CHEVROLET= Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

I thought standard deposit was $2500 at Glenmore?

I didn't use Glenmore. I'm buying from Edmonton because my brother bought from there in the past. I used his sales guy.

I can confirm that Glenmore is 2500. I spoke with a sales guy from Glenmore this morning, but at the behest of my brother I chose to go with his and now my Edmonton guy.

Join me.

Congrats man, you pretty much ordered my semi-realistic dream car

Man, I literally can't sleep. All I want to do is research more, look at pictures and specs. Your lease thread and this one really forced me to move haha.

It helped that I spent most of last week talking to my friends and my brother about cars, as the week went forward it was all about what I wanted to get into. Last year a car purchase was a fairytale. I'm never decisive. I mean I still have a car I bought over 9 years ago. It's a money pit though.

I have to say, this is the most exciting purchase I've ever put a deposit on. Once I get the first status I will not sleep till it gets here. I figure I'll drive it about 7-8 months of the year. I don't know not care when it gets here I won't put it to sleep until it's broken in. I'm evicting everything except my wife's gla from the garage. If I could I'd put a lift in, but the ceiling is to low. Gonna have to piss of some family and put a toy at their house.

Im pretty much tapped out for major fun purchases into 2018. But if this is my one fun purchase I am so glad I got this. The sound of it is intoxicating. I can't wait to hear it in person.

Trust me, I've been saving for this moment for a very long time.

Join me.

If I had a dollar for every time I bought something on a whim because researching it and talking to people got me all jacked up about it... - you just did it with a super nice car instead

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

I would love to jump on this car, but while paying $1,000 a month for childcare, it doesn't fit into my plans.
    I'll just have to live through you guys ordering.

My Ride
    lots

Originally posted by R154
    I didn't use Glenmore. I'm buying from Edmonton because my brother bought from there in the past. I used his sales guy.

I can confirm that Glenmore is 2500. I spoke with a sales guy from Glenmore this morning, but at the behest of my brother I chose to go with his and now my Edmonton guy.
    Interesting this is through Glenmore Audi. Perhaps it was just confusion on their part.
    CHEVROLET= Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast