Quantcast
Energy Efficiency Alberta - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Energy Efficiency Alberta

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
    But... "it's free" ,,,,,
    Yes it's free. The Gubments goin pay for it.

Seriously, I can't wait to see the final tally and how this all works out.

Save the electricity and sell it to Ontario for 20 pennies per kwh.

Win win.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

They are pushing for this hard. I see it all over the news, on the radio
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by dj_rice
    They are pushing for this hard. I see it all over the news, on the radio
    Probably hoping no one catches on that they are taking a few hundred million from carbon tax revenues and sending it to an Ontario company when there are tons of people in Alberta who would love the work.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Will sign up in a bit and see how it goes! I have old light bulbs for sale if you guys want them. $5 each

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Re: Re: NDP paying contractors to update our lightbulbs

Originally posted by SKR
    First thing I thought of when I read this.

Nobody's touching my high flow showerheads haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Too bad they are not offering to replace for free the toilets and older windows.
    Save me $30 grand!

Low flow showers suck. If it's a requirement for the deal, I'll be re-installing my "real shower" shower heads as soon as they leave.

Does anyone know if they'll replace CFLs with LEDs? Reason being, CFL sucks too, so I'll replace those with incandescents to get LED. And they better be warm LEDs
    Last edited by Seth1968; 03-02-2017 at 10:55 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'll let you dudes test this out before I sign up. Don't want anyone fucking with my toilets or showers.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Peasants, I take full baths
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

Originally posted by ZenOps
    Peasants, I take full baths
    Followed by a long shower rinse

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Default Re: Re: Re: NDP paying contractors to update our lightbulbs

Originally posted by rage2

First thing I thought of when I read this.

Nobody's touching my high flow showerheads haha.
    Did you get your hands on a Commando 450

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

How is this program "helping the environment"?
    Which part, the one where led lights use less electricity or the part where a programmable thermostat uses less natural gas?
    Originally posted by InRich
    I think it should be a MINIMUM payment of 20% across the board for any kinda house. Who can't save 20% nowadays, just stop eating out, drive a japanese shit box, and save, its not hard.. have some fucking discipline. Half you niggers shouldn't even be in the houses you live in now.

we can't all drive X5Ms

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: NDP paying contractors to update our lightbulbs

Originally posted by Swank
    Did you get your hands on a Commando 450
    I was planning on getting something overseas but turns out our pipes doesn't flow that much water anyways and you can't fix the correction without replacing the pipes. Only pipes that go straight to bathtubs have true high flow. Not sure if this is by code or what, maybe someone with plumbing experience can explain better. Maybe it's not even the pipes but the faucet control itself, but I didn't want to rip open my walls to find out.

I ended up measuring flow rate for all of the tubs and showers with the head removed and timing how long it takes to fill a large bucket. Low flow showerheads just made things even worse, and I ended up removing the restrictor on some Waterpiks that also had a high pressure mode and it was able to match the maximum flow of the pipe with the most pressure possible but in a smaller spray pattern.

If anyone knows how to get more flow through existing pipes feel free to share. The bathtub has 2.5x higher flow rate than my showers, would love to get that flow rate to the showers haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

No one reads?

Uses google?

The program will cost $21 million and is being funded by the carbon tax.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NDP paying contractors to update our lightbulbs

I was planning on getting something overseas but turns out our pipes doesn't flow that much water anyways and you can't fix the correction without replacing the pipes. Only pipes that go straight to bathtubs have true high flow. Not sure if this is by code or what, maybe someone with plumbing experience can explain better. Maybe it's not even the pipes but the faucet control itself, but I didn't want to rip open my walls to find out.

I ended up measuring flow rate for all of the tubs and showers with the head removed and timing how long it takes to fill a large bucket. Low flow showerheads just made things even worse, and I ended up removing the restrictor on some Waterpiks that also had a high pressure mode and it was able to match the maximum flow of the pipe with the most pressure possible but in a smaller spray pattern.

If anyone knows how to get more flow through existing pipes feel free to share. The bathtub has 2.5x higher flow rate than my showers, would love to get that flow rate to the showers haha.
    Technically, you can tie-in to your bath piping and if you're up for some quick demo/Reno run the line to a rain shower head up the wall, across the roof. I've thought about that.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by 71/454

Which part, the one where led lights use less electricity or the part where a programmable thermostat uses less natural gas?
    It's a moot point. The environment doesn't need to be helped in AB - we have some of the cleanest air on the planet. Moreover, 100% of Alberta could stop using all electricity and gas -period-, and it wouldn't make a difference - our total carbon contributions don't even amount to a rounding error on the global scale.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NDP paying contractors to update our lightbulbs

Bitch to the city about low pressure in the mains. You might be hooped though, sometimes it is what it is in certain neighbourhoods. Its amazing how many large leaks there are that go unnoticed, for instance, they cause sizeable pressure drops. I once buried a city truck up to its axle in a grassy median to do a fire hydrant inspection, the whole area was turning into a sinkhole it was leaking so much water. Would never have found it otherwise!

You aren't going to be able to do much in the house besides have as few restrictions as possible between your water header and the outlet point. Of course, if the house is built/drywalled, not much you can do.

Might want to see if your water header is undersized, it happens a lot and people don't realize that. Should be readily accessible in the basement. For tubs and showers, I think the actual control valves themselves have restrictors on them/built into them nowadays. Will be a bitch of a time to replace.

Source: I worked water distribution in Red Deer for years, as well as did plumbing before that time. Oh those were the days

Originally posted by cjblair

It's a moot point. The environment doesn't need to be helped in AB - we have some of the cleanest air on the planet. Moreover, 100% of Alberta could stop using all electricity and gas -period-, and it wouldn't make a difference - our total carbon contributions don't even amount to a rounding error on the global scale.
    It's a closed system? There's a giant dome over Alberta? Are you including impact from our exported oil?

It's part of a shift in thinking that will spread.

They just announced a exciting solar credit or rebate that we are keen to look into since we need a roof.

Also, hoping to we get an electric car rebate. similar to Ontario.

It's a fundamental shift in human energy production and use, probably the biggest change of our lives.

I already ordered 5 Canadian Solar solar panels for the garage since the one roof faces south. Their suggestion is a Meter upgrade so we can sell back to Enmax, and grid tied micro inverters. That's my first 3 months of paychecks from Uber

Want to jump on this, because once the get enough micro producers selling to the grid, they will cap and grandfather, like some areas in the US.

Originally posted by Gestalt
    No one reads?

Uses google?

The program will cost $21 million and is being funded by the carbon tax.
    Who the hell are you referring to, as there was never any confusion about the cost or how it will be funded. In fact, some posters (including myself) sarcastically pointed out that "free-government paid" means taxpayer funded.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast