Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll

46 69.70%

13 19.70%

5 7.58%
  • 120k + 20k ADM.

2 3.03%
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How much would you pay for the next Super Mustang?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Default How much would you pay for the next Super Mustang?

This has me thinking. The rumour mill for the next Halo Mustang is probably worse than the mid engine corvette right now. I have a couple theories:

1) Ford with their new CEO (who is really an advocate for following the mobility future, NOT performance) will probably castrate R&D for the Ford Performance department.

2) Based on one, Ford will sort of push the next batch of Mustangs to compete with the front engine corvette as a legacy sort of thing.

Now back to rumours.

There was ramblings of an AWD variant but it's been sort of pushed aside. Now what is being pushed along is this:

Mach 1: This could be a NA 5.2-5.4L with 480-515 hp. This could also be a 755hp 5.2 SC package.

GT500/Cobra: Base Gt500 could be a 5.2 SC or a 5L twin turbo. Some people theorize a KR package will show up (think GT350R) with 800+ hp and carbon fibre galore.

Now my favourite and the reason for this thread:

BOSS429 50th Aniversary: FORDs new global 7L V8. It exists and is going in the next HD pickups. This car would be something incredibly special. The last of the last. GM had no issues stating a big cube engine with the HP needed to compete couldn't meet emissions and mpg. FORD might just do this as a legacy thing. It's no secret the next 2021 mustang is going hybrid. This car would have carbon galore,
    and likely built to exceed on any track.

So price? That's the poll. What is a "muscle car" worth?

Keep in mind FORD likes raping Canadians in pricing. GT350R 68k USD and 91k CDN.
    ZL1 62k USD 70K CDN.

Discuss.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

Option for less? I wouldnt pay 50K for a mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Keep in mind FORD likes raping Canadians in pricing. GT350R 68k USD and 91k CDN.
    ZL1 62k USD 70K CDN.

Discuss.
    Man if that is true chev is screwing it's American customers.
    91k cad = 70k usd for the mustang
    70k cad = 54 usd for the ZL1

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    Could be different base options between countries

I'd also not spend that kind of money on a mustang, just not enough really important changes that are difficult to reproduce for less using aftermarket. If they actually did some serious chassis changes, and swapped in expensive light weight materials. It would be a different story

Also the "limited" concept of these models is just so damn diluted with everything they do year after year, it's just a redneck dick swinging competition. The refinement just isn't there for the price, and you can build something faster for much less if that's the only goal

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Could be different base options between countries

I'd also not spend that kind of money on a mustang, just not enough really important changes that are difficult to reproduce for less using aftermarket. If they actually did some serious chassis changes, and swapped in expensive light weight materials. It would be a different story

Also the "limited" concept of these models is just so damn diluted with everything they do year after year, it's just a redneck dick swinging competition. The refinement just isn't there for the price, and you can build something faster for much less if that's the only goal
    What's redneck about the direction Mustangs are going? The GT350 is the Mustang Porsche's GT team would have built.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by austic View Post
    Option for less? I wouldnt pay 50K for a mustang
    You don't know what you're missing. It's all personal preference I realize, but this is the best selling global sports car for a reason.

People know that Mustang sold better than 911s in Germany last march, right?

I'm a bit bias but you get the idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    It's true, promise.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

What's redneck about the direction Mustangs are going? The GT350 is the Mustang Porsche's GT team would have built.

The limited edition mustangs are a redneck dick swinging contest... always have been

Gt350 is still a fully steel bodied mustang... with some good suspension and a flat plane crank... I hate how much I bring up the M3... but prime example

Why is the M3 so much more than the 335/340/etc? Well... cause 80% of it has been changed out, real refinement changes... that's what I'm saying. Give better value, and refinement vs what I could build a GT to for the money and I might change my mind. But even when I did actually buy a mustang I went for a base car, almost a $10k savings at the time vs the next step up... which got you some different trim, different gear ratio, stiffer springs, and fog lights... whooptie doo, still taking a bath either way at resale

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I have to agree, I wouldn't pay $80k for a Mustang OR Camaro. Hell, $80k for a Vette is pushing it.

My Ride

The limited edition mustangs are a redneck dick swinging contest... always have been

Gt350 is still a fully steel bodied mustang... with some good suspension and a flat plane crank... I hate how much I bring up the M3... but prime example

Why is the M3 so much more than the 335/340/etc? Well... cause 80% of it has been changed out, real refinement changes... that's what I'm saying. Give better value, and refinement vs what I could build a GT to for the money and I might change my mind. But even when I did actually buy a mustang I went for a base car, almost a $10k savings at the time vs the next step up... which got you some different trim, different gear ratio, stiffer springs, and fog lights... whooptie doo, still taking a bath either way at resale
    The differences in the GT350 are actually substantial. From the A-pillar forward it's a completely different car with aluminum hood, fenders, and the carbon fibre grill opening reinforcement.

Suspension, brakes, wheels entire drivetrain minus the rear pumpkin is different.

Anyway is it worth the price is again personal opinion.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

I'd probably pay up to 60k max for a mustang. Full disclosure, I'm a fan of the Europeans, not so much the Americans. However, the current gen mustangs are damn nice imo. They still don't compare in terms of interior quality, but the Americans make some of the best bang for buck performance cars out there. You can't deny that fact, and call yourself a car enthusiast.

My Ride
    Nothing

$100k+ for a mustang? haha, ford can go fvck themselves.

I paid $26k for my 04 cobra. Put on almost 200k kms, make 500rwHP, and only had a TOB go out on me.

Conclusion - used 03/04 or GTFO
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by M.alex View Post
    $100k+ for a mustang? haha, ford can go fvck themselves.

I paid $26k for my 04 cobra. Put on almost 200k kms, make 500rwHP, and only had a TOB go out on me.

Conclusion - used 03/04 or GTFO
    Well I'm pretty sure the cobra's new were 45-50 here.

But anyway, cool story bro?

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

I think all those price points are too high for the Mustang. IF Ford ever comes out with an AWD platform id definitely consider it.

I personally haven't driven a newer Mustang but to me they're pretty boring stock unless its the GT350 which on its own is a tough pill to swallow at 80k....

As much as I hate to say it, I probably wont get back in another Mustang anytime soon. Their interior's are so boring on the previous S197 gens. Even the GT500.

I think Chevy has things right with their Camaro. Their exterior styling, and interior is on point... If you can get over the fact that you still cant see shit out the back or side windows.

You don't know what you're missing. It's all personal preference I realize, but this is the best selling global sports car for a reason.

People know that Mustang sold better than 911s in Germany last march, right?

I'm a bit bias but you get the idea.
    What 911 has a base price of $25K? How is that in any way a relevant comparison? Cheaper cars will always be higher volume. I also would not trust a Mustang with my life on the Autobahn haha.

I'm of a similar opinion as others here though - I could never bring myself to pay $50-100K for these cars (Mustang, Camaro, Charger, Challenger). I looked at them again at the car show this year and I can't even imagine what profit margins must be like. Riding in them and driving a few of them I just don't see the value, and neither does the used market. You're basically just buying a bunch of power (which is fine if that's what you want), the rest of the package is just so unrefined and disappointing IMHO. At a certain point it's just too much money regardless of the power when they are wrapping it in a $20K rental car package. I think the high priced performance models need to come down $20-30K to be realistic, but that's just me. The poll needs some cheaper options for some of us to vote
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 07-10-2017 at 11:08 AM.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Why is the M3 so much more than the 335/340/etc? Well... cause 80% of it has been changed out, real refinement changes... that's what I'm saying.
    I seem to going back to old posts. I can't speak for the latest generation F cars as I haven't been following BMW lately.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177028

The e92 M3 has more than just a few parts that are similar to 335i. The bushing kit by Dinan is nothing more than a M3 kit and I saw the M3 logo on the bushing and part number laser etched on the control arms. You can buy the part for your dealer and below are the part numbers.

Front control arms:

• LEFT TENSION STRUT WITH RUBBER MOUNTING 31102283575
    • RIGHT TENSION STRUT WITH RUBBER MOUNTING 31102283576

Rear sub-frame:

• RUBBER MOUNTING FRONT – 33312283382 - Qty 2
    • RUBBER MOUNTING REAR – 33312283383 - Qty 2

FWI, the front suspension on e92 is identical with e92 M3, as well as, 90% of the rear suspension. You can literally bolt on an M3 suspension and brakes ect. The only real difference between between cars is the rear track width which is minor and a LSD. This should be of no real surprise.

I measure up the M3 strut bar today and it should fit so I order the parts ( http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...61&hg=51&fg=75 ). This design is superior to any straight cross over bar from a mechanical stiffness point of view and much lighter. You need ever part of the RealOEM listed page and for item #6 you need the 12 mm bolt.

Orb
    The front and rear track width is created with lower offset wheels (if you keep reading).

My Ride
    Silverado

the butt hurt is strong in this thread.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    I seem to going back to old posts. I can't speak for the latest generation F cars as I haven't been following BMW lately.
    not sure if supporting or refuting... the 80% figure is strait from the m division engineers on the e90 though

My Ride
    Silverado

fastest LL2 car in lightning lap is the GT350R; which is faster than:

2016 m4 gts
    2016 cayman gt4
    2017 camaro ss 1le
    2017 r8 v10 plus

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    fastest LL2 car in lightning lap is the GT350R; which is faster than:

2016 m4 gts
    2016 cayman gt4
    2017 camaro ss 1le
    2017 r8 v10 plus
    The argument was never if it was fast, if you want FAST go build a race car, it's cheaper... it's a value proposition, once you start getting near six figures you need a complete refined driving experience, cause as a street car you have to live with it day to day and chances are it will spend less than 2% of its life actually being used anywhere near its potential

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 11:42 PM.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast