Quantcast
Beyond's Official "Saving" Thread- Post Your Savings Here! - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond's Official "Saving" Thread- Post Your Savings Here!

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Originally posted by nusneak

Did you read the part about starting your business where it says it cannot be a hobby?
    And that the company actually has to make money... Like if you keep handing in capital losses year after year I don't think they take kindly to that/shut you down?
    RF trades from home. That's his income.

Did you read the part about starting your business where it says it cannot be a hobby?
    And that the company actually has to make money... Like if you keep handing in capital losses year after year I don't think they take kindly to that/shut you down?
    I think you have to make money by the 4th year, it can be minamal, but I think that after 4 years they can shut you down for something like this.

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Last night, got home from gym, was starving. Wanted a 12" turkey on white with mayo and cheeeeese..... instead I have an 80 cent can of ravioli. I saved 9 dollars. But I felt like puking an hour later

My Ride
    s14

I didn't buy anything in the past month, saved probably 200$

When I go out to the bar, I don't drink I don't go out often, and I don't spend a lot on booze anyways.

Haven't gone on a cruise in a while, used to go 2x/month. Thats like 100$ gas in savings.

If I started to pack lunches for school I would save even more. It's hard when I have school for 4 hours then go straight to work.

My Ride
    EK Civic Si

Not paying for parking at school (fucking SAIT) I save $45/week which = $180/month. Packing lunches saved me another $150ish a month.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Didn't spend money on booze and eating out for a while, but I bought a trampoline...woops.

Still not spending much though. Just food, rent and gas every now and then.
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    impreza

Canceled the home phone since I barely use it. ($35-40)

Canceled the gym membership ($70), but bought some kettlebells ($100). Since I go to a MMA gym 2-4 times a week I don't really need to pay for the gym and use the kettlebells at home.

I also walk to work 2-3 days per week, saving $5.75 per day.

Yanked the rear seats out of the car and dropped 78 lbs. Might take out the spare to save another 45 lbs. Folding rear seats are damned heavy, especially the back rest part.

If nothing else changes then I should be able to go a bit further on a tank. Not sure how to quantify that into dollars yet.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Put $1,000 into savings on Friday. Feels good

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
    Yanked the rear seats out of the car and dropped 78 lbs. Might take out the spare to save another 45 lbs. Folding rear seats are damned heavy, especially the back rest part.

If nothing else changes then I should be able to go a bit further on a tank. Not sure how to quantify that into dollars yet.
    I think you will save more money collecting pop cans from the garbages at work than doing that... plus you will still have somewhere for passengers to sit and how much is it going to cost you now if you were to get a flat on the Deerfoot and you now have to pay for a tow because you don't have a spare on you?

My Ride
    06 S2000

After reading this, it seems pretty interesting. Anyone have any tips on opening a savings account? I currently have a chequing account + visa w/ RBC... would that be the best bank to do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Nissan Safari

Open a Canadian Tire High interest savings and get a $20 bonus for opening a new account + the first three months get you an extra 1.2% in interest (on top of 3.05%). After your three months are up, transfer that out and head on over to People's Trust for 4% steady (as of last week, I'm too lazy to check, might have changed with the whole financial crap shoot going on).

Also, I just opened up an early bird ING Tax Free Savings Account that will give me 6% interest on $5000 until December 31, 2008. Works out to $35 dollars more than I would have at traditional account. Its not much work to set up and I get $35 pretty easily.

My Ride
    BMW

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
    After reading this, it seems pretty interesting. Anyone have any tips on opening a savings account? I currently have a chequing account + visa w/ RBC... would that be the best bank to do it?
    BNS has a savings account that rounds up your transactions to the nearest $1 or $5 and puts the rest into a savings account. This is a great Idea for those that have trouble saving and spend a lot in debits. Additionally, if you sign up before Nov 2nd (I think) they will match your savings I believe...

Just a thought.
    2008 BMW e90 335i - Dinan stg 2, Dinan intake, AE exhaust

1986 BMW 325i - Sold
    2012 BMW X3 35i Msport - Sold
    2006 BMW 330i - Sold

My Ride
    Acura CL

plus if you ever get audited your fucked

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
    Go to your online banking and open an e-savings account. Interest rate is currently 2.75% and you have unlimited on-line transfers to and from your other RBC accounts. That is what I use and it is super easy and the interest actually adds up a bit.

Originally posted by blownz
    I just sold my travel trailer for 9k last week so I put that in the bank. I will be taking about 30k out though by spring for a new one so it won't last long. And I also try to put a grand in the account from each paycheque, but some weeks that is hard to do.
    So I didn't make it to the spring. Already bought a 2009 29' travel trailer. I still have some money in the account, but most is gone now. Can't wait to use it in the spring now.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Another $1,000 into the savings account yesterday. Hopefully another $1,000 next week.

Trying hard at this whole "not eating out as much" and "not spending as much" thing.

My Ride
    NC1

^^

You keep that up it's going to be a nice size bankroll at the end of the year. The market is down, might be worth putting some money into an index linked fund. Something to think about!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    NC1

Instead of going out and buying a protein shake everyday, I went to the grocery store to pick up some fruit+juices to make my own.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Lease

Once a couple days, I take the kleenx box from the hotel room and put it in the truck, gained $1

My Ride
    E46

I work at sport chek now.
    Saved about $150 for some snowboard bindings because of the crazy dicounts we get. (Cost+10%)

If anyone needs anything, I have about 1000 credit limit to use up.
    When february comes they reset it back up to 1250 again, I don't spend that much there, so I might as well help out some members here.

PM me. You'll save tons.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast