Quantcast
Educate me on CBD Oil - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Educate me on CBD Oil

My Ride
    Fozzy XT

Originally posted by ercchry
    This thread got my brain thinking... currently have 3g of 7/9 thc/cbd in the water bath with 30ml of coconut oil at 190F, going to leave that overnight... so will have some thc and cbd activated, then I'm going to add in 1g of 22% thc and leave it for a day at around 80F to hopefully have a good amount of thca added in too. Then mixing it with a commercial cream. Should have really good anti inflammatory properties theoretically... but only time will tell
    Using the Sous Vide machine? Interesting. Does it cut down on the smell?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by aaronck

Using the Sous Vide machine? Interesting. Does it cut down on the smell?
    Yeah, no smell and perfect temperature control... works well

My Ride
    Fozzy XT

Nice, let me know how it turns out- why are you cooking in 2 separate stages?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by aaronck

Nice, let me know how it turns out- why are you cooking in 2 separate stages?
    Cbd needs a higher temp to convert, so all the thca will turn into thc. So to insure I have a decent amount of thca I need to do the second stage with fresh bud. It really is more useful in this case since there is no high involved and thca has better anti inflammatory properties than thc

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

+1

I de-carb in a ziploc for an hour, remove the bud then stick them in mason jars with butter or oil and sous vide them for 4-6 hours.

So far it's been great with edibles as it cuts down the burnt weed taste. I've tried different methods before (double boiler, crock pot, oven de-carb), so far its the best way for me as it's consistent results with no smell.

Never tried the Magic Butter machine though. I can't bring myself to spend $200 on something that ONLY makes pot butter.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

This thread got my brain thinking... currently have 3g of 7/9 thc/cbd in the water bath with 30ml of coconut oil at 190F, going to leave that overnight... so will have some thc and cbd activated, then I'm going to add in 1g of 22% thc and leave it for a day at around 80F to hopefully have a good amount of thca added in too. Then mixing it with a commercial cream. Should have really good anti inflammatory properties theoretically... but only time will tell
    First stage ended up being 14hr, second was 12hr

My 30ml of oil ended up after loss being 26ml strained

Mixed that with 150ml of hemps brand lotion (seemed fitting haha)

For what should be 2.5mg/ml of thc/thca and 1.5mg/ml of cbd

Got the gf to rub some into my whole back last night, took probably 20-40min to really start to work, but 7hrs later everything still feels nice and loose.

But the real test should be thurs/fri after snowboarding in (hopefully) some deep powder at revy

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

First stage ended up being 14hr, second was 12hr

My 30ml of oil ended up after loss being 26ml strained

Mixed that with 150ml of hemps brand lotion (seemed fitting haha)

For what should be 2.5mg/ml of thc/thca and 1.5mg/ml of cbd

Got the gf to rub some into my whole back last night, took probably 20-40min to really start to work, but 7hrs later everything still feels nice and loose.

But the real test should be thurs/fri after snowboarding in (hopefully) some deep powder at revy
    Sounds awesome. I may have to steal this 'recipe' from you. Post the results after riding, I'd like to know if it works after strenuous activity.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    Fozzy XT

So you added the green to the coconut oil at the same time that you are de-carbing it? I did the same with my infused coconut oil and got SUPER wrecked, did not cut it with any other cream, just warmed it in the microwave and applied (GF got buzzed as well from helping apply it to my back)

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Yeah, if you decarb like this it just takes a long time hence the 14hrs at 190F, but it's basically zero loss since nothing can escape via gas

You must have made some crazy strong oil to actually catch a buzz this way. I'd avoid the microwave though, apparently it scrambles the thc

Gf's only complaint from applying it was a warming tingling/numb sensation

My Ride
    Fozzy XT

It's pretty strong- took 1/2 oz of shake, decarbed in the oven, cooked in an old slow cooked for around 4 hours in a cup of coconut oil, with some lecithen. 2 batches so far, has been great. I haven't tried with any of my medicinal yet, but am almost due to make a batch again.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Huh, that shouldn't be too crazy... wonder if you guys ended up ingesting some? Or it entered the bloodstream somehow

This was an interesting read:

http://www.compassioncenter.net/topi...-preparations/

My Ride
    '03 ep3

I've been vaping some Jack Herrer ~ 20.2% THC and its so potent my shit is fucked up for hours. Its not overly medicinal when it puts me to sleep....Lol.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Well, ended up riding 3 days of powder. First day I forgot the pax in the car... whoops

Was absolutely wrecked by 3pm... like could not even ride on my heel edge cause my quads were beyond cooked

Used cream on neck, back, and legs that night, then reapplied the next morning... also remembered the pax. Day two, I rode harder AND made it till last chair... even after being pretty beat from day one

Day 3? Got there for first tracks and rode till last chair, crazy deep snow too... so I'm giving topicals an A+ haha, was magic... considering how out of shape I am (only got out twice this year before this week) it was a life saver.

Also we are pretty damn hardcore, hiked for basically half the runs we did and we don't stop and wait. Top to bottom all day nonstop with no lunch break or anything

My Ride
    Axis powers

Going to high jack this thread a bit, I've been looking into CBD for my anxiety as an alternative to prescriptions meds that my doctor is really pushing... I really have no interest in taking them but they keep pushing them more and more...

Does NHS cater and have suppliers that just do CBD without thc? Not looking to get high as I don't like the feeling of getting high
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Ford

Just looking at my Liscened producer website and the cbd stuff still has low amount of thc. there are dozens of online dispensaries that carry cbd pills and no need to go thru NHS or anyone. just order right now from your pc. be at your door in 3 days.

This place has a bunch of cbd stuff i can show for example, there are cheaper places then this place but for ease here are some expamples

these are cbd pills
    http://thompsoncaribou.com/shop/canna-caps/75mg-cbd/

then there are drops for under the tonue
    http://thompsoncaribou.com/shop/edib...0cbd-tincture/

then there is this 99% cbd isolate. looks like crack or a hard drug but this is the closest you can get to pure cbd
    http://thompsoncaribou.com/shop/conc...9-cbd-isolate/
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    Axis powers

I've looked at a bunch of websites, the only thing I'm concerned about is quality and if it actually has what they say it has, e.g. Is actually cbd and not just some filler..

Also I'm not really sure how to use that isolate, I assume you need a mg scale to dose it but even then how much do you use?
    Last edited by adam c; 05-27-2017 at 07:57 AM.
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Ford

for the pure cbd isolate you would dab it. You get a dab rig. or a dab pen. or if you had a box mod there are attachments that you add to make that a dab pen.

this is just one online dispensary that i searched CBD.
    https://mjnexpress.ca/?post_type=product&s=cbd

you can check out r/canadianmoms or r/canadients for all your marijuana questions.

here is a list of all the online dispensary.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CanadianMOMs/wiki/momlist
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Yes, if you go through NHS their "bud geniuses" can't walk you through the LP's and find you the one that has what you want. Fully controlled, tested, and no surprises

My Ride
    NC1

I went with Aphria. https://aphria.com/cannabis-oil/

I picked up some sativa high cbd oil and i don't have much of a review other than it keeps pretty chill during day use but I don't think this is the one for my needs so I'll finish the bottle and probably won't order it again. https://aphria.com/product/rideau_-gold/

My go to is the indica champlain high thc https://aphria.com/product/champlain_-indica/ take it at night, calms me down and I can sleep damn good.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    NC1

Yes, if you go through NHS their "bud geniuses" can't walk you through the LP's and find you the one that has what you want. Fully controlled, tested, and no surprises
    you are the beyond resident bud genius

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast