Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Hit my car off of the curb today!!!

Author
Thread
Dudek

What I drive: Dads 2001 Sentra
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

Angry Hit my car off of the curb today!!! quote:

Hey guys, today when I was going to school I underestimated the road conditions, I was going around 50-60km/hr when I was taking a bend and I smacked the side of my car on the curb. I'm woundering if I could of done any serious damage to my car? I know I did something cause whenever I drive now my steering wheel shakes as if I have a flat tire which I'm hopping is the only problem. But do any of you know if it could be more serious and if it will cost me a fortune to fix? Thanks guys.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-06-2006 10:20 PM
Dudek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dudek Click here to Send Dudek a Private Message Find more posts by Dudek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

sr20dets13
Banned

What I drive: 4cyl
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

"whenever I drive now my steering wheel shakes as if I have a flat tire which I'm hopping is the only problem."

k you cant notice if you have a flat tire?...get out fo the car..and look at your tire...cant be that hard can it?
and as for your steering wheel shaking..id say probly alignment.

1992 SR20DET S13 !

Old Post 12-06-2006 10:24 PM
sr20dets13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sr20dets13 Click here to Send sr20dets13 a Private Message Find more posts by sr20dets13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MintRacer
Neutral

What I drive: ShitBox Rustbucket
Posts/Day: 0.06
Trader Rating: (23)

quote:

bent control arm/hub?

Old Post 12-06-2006 10:25 PM
MintRacer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MintRacer Click here to Send MintRacer a Private Message Visit MintRacer's homepage! Find more posts by MintRacer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
QuasarCav
Fourth Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.04
Trader Rating: (65)

quote:

Anywhere from an alignment to bent/broken suspension components and damaged subframe.

so.... about $80 to $3000.

Old Post 12-06-2006 10:29 PM
QuasarCav is offline Click Here to See the Profile for QuasarCav Click here to Send QuasarCav a Private Message Find more posts by QuasarCav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dudek

What I drive: Dads 2001 Sentra
Posts/Day: 0.02

quote:

could I seriously have done $3000 dollars worth of damage going only 50/60km/hr? I didnt hit it directly or anything, just kinda bumped off it, it was in a bend and I tried to regain control before I hit the curb but I couldnt so I sorta bounced of it...

Old Post 12-06-2006 10:31 PM
Dudek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dudek Click here to Send Dudek a Private Message Find more posts by Dudek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
85regal
Neutral

What I drive: bmw
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (3)

quote:

most likely a bent rim and may i be the first to say...you f**k'n dumbass, stay away from me on the road!!

Old Post 12-06-2006 10:34 PM
85regal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 85regal Click here to Send 85regal a Private Message Find more posts by 85regal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Loud-N-Clear
First Gear

What I drive: 2011 Subaru WRX STi Sedan
Posts/Day: 0.15
Trader Rating: (18)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

I did almost the exact same thing first snowfall... my car shook a bit and the steering wheel wasn't straight. It just needed an alignment and it was like it had never even happened.

Old Post 12-06-2006 10:34 PM
Loud-N-Clear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Loud-N-Clear Click here to Send Loud-N-Clear a Private Message Find more posts by Loud-N-Clear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Artega
Neutral

What I drive: ST205
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (7)

quote:

i hit a curb at 30 km and smashed my steering column in, broken tie rod and leaking power steering fluid

as for you
I advise you to get your car checked by a mechanic
hopefully one you know well so they don't rip you off and all the other things that "could" go wrong

Old Post 12-06-2006 10:37 PM
Artega is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Artega Click here to Send Artega a Private Message Find more posts by Artega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topmade
First Gear

What I drive: POS
Posts/Day: 0.19
Trader Rating: (43)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

You'd be suprised how much damage 50/60km can cause. Get it checked out by a reliable mechanic.

Old Post 12-06-2006 10:47 PM
topmade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topmade Click here to Send topmade a Private Message Find more posts by topmade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Impreza
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.26
Trader Rating: (11)

quote:

You should get it checked out. Could be a variety of things. One thing I know for sure though, you'll need an alignment!

Old Post 12-06-2006 10:48 PM
Impreza is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Impreza Click here to Send Impreza a Private Message Find more posts by Impreza Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nadroj23
Neutral

What I drive: 02 RSX Type-s
Posts/Day: 0.07

quote:

i hit a curb goin no more then 20k and fucked my car. subframe, control arm, axel.....it was just the way my wheel hit the curb, it was in an odd position as i didnt expect it.....oh yah SUMMER TIRES ARE BAD IN THE WINTER LOL....learned that the really hard way

Originally posted by DeeK
Fat girls need love too, they just have to pay for it.

Old Post 12-06-2006 10:58 PM
nadroj23 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nadroj23 Click here to Send nadroj23 a Private Message Find more posts by nadroj23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hellraiser456
Neutral

What I drive: A ford....

quote:

i hit a curb in a car i sued to own at maybe 60 k...totaled my car...over 6000 dollars damage on it including frame work and my entire passenger front side basically needed replacement :P

Definitely take it to a mechanic because if something is bent driving it will only make it worse

and depending on who you hit the curb angle and what not you can get off lucky...i sure didn't though sad day

Old Post 12-07-2006 12:36 AM
hellraiser456 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hellraiser456 Click here to Send hellraiser456 a Private Message Find more posts by hellraiser456 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
b_t
b_t is a huge fag

What I drive: '07 Tacoma
Posts/Day: 0.71
Trader Rating: (7)

quote:

I hit a curb full on one tire going 50km/h and did $5,700 damage to my car. it all depends how you hit it. Get it checked out.

Old Post 12-07-2006 12:47 AM
b_t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for b_t Click here to Send b_t a Private Message Find more posts by b_t Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoey
Neutral

What I drive: Couple'a Rotors.
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by topmade
You'd be suprised how much damage 50/60km can cause.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread....mp;pagenumber=3

Old Post 12-07-2006 12:55 AM
Hoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoey Click here to Send Hoey a Private Message Visit Hoey's homepage! Find more posts by Hoey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LilDrunkenSmurf
Fourth Gear

What I drive: STi//CBR600RR
Posts/Day: 1.26
Trader Rating: (42)

quote:

i hit a curb going 20km and only need an alignment

Old Post 12-07-2006 01:29 AM
LilDrunkenSmurf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LilDrunkenSmurf Click here to Send LilDrunkenSmurf a Private Message Find more posts by LilDrunkenSmurf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.73
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by Dudek
could I seriously have done $3000 dollars worth of damage going only 50/60km/hr?

Throw your mouse against the wall as hard as you can... and that's still a fraction of the forces you put on your car. Just cause it's big and made of metal doesn't mean it isn't fragile.

Old Post 12-07-2006 01:33 AM
Tik-Tok is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
96GrandAMGT

What I drive: 2009 F150 Lariat supercrew
Posts/Day: 0.03
User Rating: 98%

quote:

i did the same thing only difference is i got cut off when an suv with frosted over windows and mdf for a rear windo slammed on his brakes...i bent my wheel in.....and also need a wheel alignment... take it to a mechanic and next time just take it slower

1996 Pontiac Grand Am GT- 18's, Body Kit, system SOLD
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac-Family Hauler SOLD
1996 Volvo 850 turbo-SOLD

Old Post 12-07-2006 01:40 AM
96GrandAMGT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 96GrandAMGT Click here to Send 96GrandAMGT a Private Message Visit 96GrandAMGT's homepage! Find more posts by 96GrandAMGT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lexIS300
Neutral

What I drive: is300
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

hit a curb at 30 bent control arm, knuckle, spindle, balljoint, strut rod but my rim was perfect . how messed up is that

Old Post 12-07-2006 01:49 AM
lexIS300 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lexIS300 Click here to Send lexIS300 a Private Message Find more posts by lexIS300 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LilDrunkenSmurf
Fourth Gear

What I drive: STi//CBR600RR
Posts/Day: 1.26
Trader Rating: (42)

quote:

Originally posted by lexIS300
hit a curb at 30 bent control arm, knuckle, spindle, balljoint, strut rod but my rim was perfect . how messed up is that

just curbed the tire?

Old Post 12-07-2006 01:58 AM
LilDrunkenSmurf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LilDrunkenSmurf Click here to Send LilDrunkenSmurf a Private Message Find more posts by LilDrunkenSmurf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
signature7
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.19
Trader Rating: (17)

quote:

i have a valid drivers licence so i dont hit curbs...jk , even going at 20 kms could do serious damage, i agree that it's depending on how you hit it and what angle...

Old Post 12-07-2006 02:09 AM
signature7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for signature7 Click here to Send signature7 a Private Message Find more posts by signature7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:49 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: