Quantcast
Some moron parked too close to me! and scratched my car! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Some moron parked too close to me! and scratched my car!

Default Some moron parked too close to me! and scratched my car!

So sorry guys... but some moron at college today decided he could fit between a parking spot... Basically both parking spots were taking up with one car on the left, and one on the right ( Mine) and this fucker in a purple pontiac grand am parks in between both our cars leaving like literally less than 1 ft.

Well to my discovery while he pulled into the parking spot his mirror hit mine, and now there's a big scratch on the side of my mirror, and it's too dark to tell if he scratched up my fender and stuff but I have his license plate, pics of his car mirror (Which has scratches all over the side of the mirror where it made contact with my mirror) and a picture of my mirror.

What should I do?? and do you guys wanna see the pics? haha it's quite funny how much space is between my car and his car. Oh yeh and a dent on my passenger door.

show pic.....i wanna see what the moron did.....

Ok hold on... I'm sure it can polished out but I'm just not happy how this idiot thought he could park between two cars. Pics are being uploaded.

EDIT:

BTW hard to see cause I took it on camera phone.
    Last edited by Bimmer88; 12-06-2007 at 01:42 AM.

thats so dumb... now i havent seen teh damage but im guessing its either lower than your deductable or you wouldnt want to make an insurrance claim over this. your insurrance would go up and im guesing the cost of the repair wouldnt be that high.

That said... you could try to just buff it out and polish it over, as long as the scratches didnt go right through the paint into the metal this should be ok.

as far as the dents... i dont think its a huge dael... my car has a few door dents on it and it doesnt bother me a whole lot, just part of having a daily driver... but that said, call up the guys at the body-shop of your choice (i would use screaming paintworks simply because of their great reviews on here) and im sure they will take a look at it for you no problem.

unfortunately in this case it would be almost impossable to make him pay for it... it would be very hard to prove deliberate valdalism and pictures of two damaged cars next to eachother really doesnt prove much... it would come down to his word against yours.

good luck with it man

Okay so here's how he parked (car on the left):

My mirror:

His mirror:

Last edited by Bimmer88; 12-06-2007 at 01:51 AM.

My Ride
    300 Limited

I'm sorry, even if those pictures showed anything (which they don't; since they're pitch black) you have no proof he did that. I know it sucks, but in this situation unless you have a witness or concrete evidence he did that (which you don't) you're out of luck.
    It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.

Well 3rd pictures shows scratches, and the police can be more than happy to take a look at my car, and look at that parking... tell me he couldn't of scratched shit parking that close. The same goes for the other side. and plus security cameras might of caught something...

Originally posted by Bimmer88
    Well 3rd pictures shows scratches, and the police can be more than happy to take a look at my car, and look at that parking... tell me he couldn't of scratched shit parking that close. The same goes for the other side. and plus security cameras might of caught something...
    as i said above... what are you trying to get from this? i mean... its like 100 bucks worth of labour... and you can probably buff it out urself...

My Ride
    300 Limited

If you can prove that, good on you man. Take the tapes/pictures, and take it through insurance. I wouldn't recommend you do (as quite possibly your deductible is more than the actual cost of the repairs needed)
    Have a good night.
    It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.

My Ride
    a wrx.

I'm guessing that you don't want reparations, that you are just trying to work some of the frustration out. If that's the case, you would have been better off keying the fuck out of his car while you were still there. Maybe scratch in a message like, "beware: this driver will hit your car while parking." Then again, that's blatant vandalism, so it's up to you...

This is to be expected in Calgary. Same thing happened to my mirror.

This can be avoided in the future by driving a POS.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    I'm guessing that you don't want reparations, that you are just trying to work some of the frustration out. If that's the case, you would have been better off keying the fuck out of his car while you were still there. Maybe scratch in a message like, "beware: this driver will hit your car while parking." Then again, that's blatant vandalism, so it's up to you...
    No I didn't want any trouble, I just wanted to make sure the guy was aware that he scratched my car. I'm not going to make him pay for a minor damage, and it's not morally right keying someone's car. Although that act of blatant vandalism is a great idea until I would be caught on camera... hahaha Well I'll go through CPS and their going to be very unhappy when they see the trouble I've caused them.

In addition, you can't fix something by doing a wrong.

Originally posted by richardchan2002
    This is to be expected in Calgary. Same thing happened to my mirror.

This can be avoided in the future by driving a POS.
    Yeah It's perhaps time I've looked into something else...

My Ride
    06 S2000

So then really, what was the point of this thread? No one but you can see the scratches... There's not much you can. CPS will open a file, maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Some fucker nailed my Yaris rear bumper in a parking lot. Dent, heavy scratches, and broke the inside wheel well plastic piece.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Ok, seriously? How old are you? First week driving a car? That's life and THAT damage is nothing.

Get over it.

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

I love my POS 92 Honda Civic.. runs like a champ, gets nice and warm, and everything works.. but it's beat to shit, every single panel has a huge dent or rust.. perfect mall or "leave downtown when I'm drunk-as-fuck" car!
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

key his car.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Auto retracting mirror FTW!

There's not much you can do now. Personally, I would have scuffed his mirror as much as he did yours. Eye for eye ('till everyone's blind) kind of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 06:55 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    firebird

The same thing happened to me last year but it was on my drivers side and I literally had to crawl in through the other side to get in. I was so pissed that I left a note on the hick's windshield (it was an old 80s suburban) that read "learn how to park fucktard".

The next day I got back to my freshly polished black G35 and he (I'm assuming) had scratched with 2 keys double loops swirls across the entire side of the car. I'm assuming it was him because he was parked infront of me this time.

Sorry to hear about this...its annoying.

I've also had 2 hit and run accidents in a parking lot with me having to pay out of my pocket for.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast