Quantcast
Magnets and Torque..anyone has experience? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Magnets and Torque..anyone has experience?

My Ride
    Subaru WRX STI IV (E-GC8)

Question Magnets and Torque..anyone has experience?

I'd like to know if you have heard of the PowerNeo from Zero1000? It is sold by Topfuel in Japan (www.topfuel.to). They claim it increases torque and fuel economy.

You can see this link:

http://www.topfuel.to/parts_catalog/powerneo.html
    or
    http://www.topfuel.to/parts_catalog/

U can use babelfish to translate these pages:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

it's a series or magnets that presumably aligns the octane molecules before the fuel gets into the piston. It is supposed to create better combustion therefore increasing torque and fuel consumption.

I bought it yesterday..although I was pretty skeptic. I'll put some fuel data as soon as I can.

anyone tried similar devices? Searching the patent database, I found more than 80 applications for something similar! Like Holy water in the radiator?!?

Let the flames begin!

CT

My Ride
    335i

How much was it? Put up your own data and let us know if it works. Many of these things are bs in my opinion
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    1995 Nissan 240SX

interesting.. i didnt know octane was magnetic :-\
    but ok.. you shall report back with info then since u orderd it
    how much was it? i didnt bother lookin at the page too much im lazy and its late

max
    240 ka-t

My Ride

Default will do..

You can read this report..similar device sold in the UK:

http://www.mghmarketing.co.uk/produc...ren_spring.pdf

CT

My Ride

Default it was 12800 yens...

so like 150$ canadian.

CT

u can take a look, I put some pics up:

http://sport20.webhop.net

Hey I got this special stick for sale. If you use it to break all the glass on your car or truck I promise it will increase your fuel mileage by at least 5mpg. I'm selling it right now for the low low price of 39.95, or for 4 easy payments of 19.95. I'm only offering this to you though and for this week only, you won't be able to find this special stick anywhere else!
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride

Talking now that's a nice flame :-)

I actually don't believe it will do anything!..but I am not cash-strapped and I am am a scientist. This evening I will try to attach the device to a Methane tube of a bunsen burner and see if it can warm water any faster..of course gaz is different than fuel, but we'll see!

CT

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

i will ask my chem teacher tomorrow for you...this sounds to me liek other great inventions like the tornado and super ground wires that give you 20 hp...If you believe those i got a bridge i wanna sell you

My Ride

Wink indeed..

In Japan, some car enthusiasts believe in the power of negative ions provided by attaching or adding tourmaline stones in the airbox ;-)

it's like religion I guess.

CT

I would be skeptic. Most oilpans and oil drain plugs have magnets to collect metal filings from oil or to see if there are filings in the engine system.

Although I wouldnt see their practicality in the fuel system.

My Ride
    '87 RX-7 Tii

This sounds supiciously like all that hubbub about wearing magnets on your wrists to improve circulation.
    "Well here's the problem. Some koot put an Acura engine in your Honda."

My Ride
    a wrx.

Default Re: Magnets and Torque..anyone has experience?

Originally posted by Caretaker
    octane molecules
    no such thing
    fuel gets into the piston.
    fuel doesnt go into the piston
    increasing...fuel consumption.
    thats a BAD thing
    I bought it yesterday

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

Default Re: Re: Magnets and Torque..anyone has experience?

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    no such thing
    Octane-C8H18...i agree with you on those points and i'd like to add that octane is NONpolar!

My Ride
    a wrx.

Default Re: Re: Re: Magnets and Torque..anyone has experience?

Originally posted by rice_eater

Octane-C8H18...i agree with you on those points and i'd like to add that octane is NONpolar!
    oh my bad where did my grade 7 science disappear to?

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

The Top Fuel turbo ITR in this month's Super Street has that...

My Ride

Default I know

I know that octane is not polar and I simply translated the claim of the manufacturer on the japanese website. I also should have said <decrease> fuel consumption.

CT

My Ride

this is hte address for the Super Street Magazine June issue featuring the TopFuel Supra equipped presumably with this magnetic gizmo according to gpomp:

http://www.superstreetonline.com/toc/

can anyone take a look?

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

My Ride
    Really FAST Ones

Originally posted by rice_eater
    i will ask my chem teacher tomorrow for you...this sounds to me liek other great inventions like the tornado and super ground wires that give you 20 hp...If you believe those i got a bridge i wanna sell you

Be care ful what you knock the Tornado does work I know I have personally dyno tested. We are the Canadian distributer and I tested it very thoughly. No one ever claimed that the tornado would ever give you 20 horse on a 4 cyl car. They do claim it will give you at least an 7 % inprovement in efficiency. Yes there has been some huge numbers advertised on various different cars and heh some cars just get nothing. I very recently dyno tested a 95 Hyundai accent and it picked up 7.4 hs. Some cars may only make 2-3 horse. However your butometer is not that accurate.

You can knock Hypergrounds all you want. I was just down at Apexi receiveing some training they were raving about them consistently making 4-5 horse on their dyno. I guess your dyno and your tuning knowledge is better than Apexi's so we should blindly believe you. Don't knock waht you don't understand or have accurately tested. Most people can't even feel ten horse with the famous butometer. We became their distributer also and I will be doing a variety of our own tests very shortly, but I tend to believe Apexi seeing how they had nothing to gain and I think their tuning knowledge is suffice for me to beileve them.

Puttin my asbestos underware on but please back it up with proper info real numbers and not opinions.
    Lookin Good is Goin FAST
    "HOME of the AWD DYNO"

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

I fail to understand how the wires give you more power so i'll try not to start a flame war but i'd really like someone to explain it to me. What does the current that you are trying to shit out of the system have anything to do with power? What does having bigger ground wires help you for? You get rid of that electricity faster. OK! So what? How does that help you? The only explication i ever heard as for why they work is because they push the current through faster so you can squeeze more current through...WTF kind of explication is that? THis is not exhaust gas we're talking about, this is current you try to get rid off. You're engine is not electric and your accesories are spun by belts. IMHO i dont see how they help. Yes it's based on opinion but it's an opinion that until someone clearly explains why these wires add power i will stick to. I will be glad to eat my words! After all we are all here to learn! APEXi might have one of the best names in the business but that doesn't mean they wont do like every other company out there and inflate the numbers here and there so it'll drive up their sales...As for the tornado you might be right for all i know. BUt if they are so good as to get 7hp from a stock intake why do you not see them on any race cars or on pretty much any car on the street? I dont base my opinion of the tornado on opinions, but on a trend of statements made by other people who tried it. The general trend seems to be that it doesn't do anything for power and it just causes turbulances in your intake charge. I'll gladly stand corrected on any of the above as long as you can give me a decent explination of why these systems work.

My Ride
    Really FAST Ones

First of all Apexi is not selling grounding systems they are just buying them for their own cars.

A ground is the most over looked area of an engine. Everything must go through the ground alot of the cars have tiny little wires with weak connectors. Even tho our cars run fine the elctronics are not necessarily functioning at peak performance. If your coil isn't outputting fully loss are there. Sensors pcms everything. All it takes is alittle here a little there. A slight increase in response that might add a little advance will net power. It is effective enough that Japanese Drivers now have the option at Nissan parts counter of ordering optional grounding for their new 350z. Now understand these wires are not just thick speaker wire. The are 4048 strands of 99 percent pure copper.

As for the tornado I really need to have a diagram but basically it provides better atomization now not all cars are gonna get a 7 hs gain. Lots only see 1-2. If it is such a bad idea why are other manufactures moving it into their designs, k/N twister, Helix vortex, Helix spacers. Atomization will break and mix the fuel particles up more providing a better burn. I know looking at both of them makes you really think what do I believe. I know I thought the same. My first look at the Tornado I thought it was an expensive cookie cutter. Then all of a sudden people are coming back and wanting one for their wifes car. Truckers are coming in everyday because one of their buddies bought one and now they want one. Big trucks were saving .7-.9 mpg on a truck that only got 6mpg that is huge. I started getting an extra 80 ks a tank. It took me three weeks after we started putting these things in to try one myself. I offered a money back no questions because I wanted to learn what they worked on and what they didn't. I can tell you 2000-2003 gm full size trucks they do not work on. Ford trucks love them. I have one guy who sends som many clients to me he is getting 18% better mileage. What more can I say I am a believer and have backed up things using my dyno.
    Lookin Good is Goin FAST
    "HOME of the AWD DYNO"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast