Quantcast
red deer show and shine - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: red deer show and shine

My Ride
    Integra

Default red deer show and shine

we need a goo d show of sport compacts, please try and come guys.

Wild Bills along with Mikasa Performance and Creations, is going to be having a show and shine on Saturday Aug.16. This will be in accordance with the Budweiser big rig, a bud NASCAR (i think), and , of course the Budweiser girls will be there challenging everyone in a pit crew challenge of swapping tires and so on. there will also be a beer gardens in the parking lot amongst other things. hopefully a bikini contest aswell. There will be trophys for different categorys, similar to the Creations show if you were there. also there will be the loudest fart can award again. This will be a big event, in a nice visible parking lot right off Gaetz ave.

more info will follow along with event posters. roll-in will be around 11:00 a.m. to noon.

THIS IS A SPORT COMPACT AND MINI TRUCK SHOW AND SHINE ONLY

My Ride
    Denali

i don't mean to be negative because i definetly support the red deer car scene, but last year that was a definite redneck fest... I don't know, maybe it will be different this year, but they definetly didn't seem to be too open to imports

My Ride
    Integra

this is a Sport compact only show. no rednecks at all. we need a good show , to prove there is support for sport compacts.

so who's coming?

My Ride
    '03 S2000

Originally posted by acuraxx
    i don't mean to be negative because i definetly support the red deer car scene, but last year that was a definite redneck fest... I don't know, maybe it will be different this year, but they definetly didn't seem to be too open to imports
    Well, there will be a lot of imports and other race cars (including Formula Fords and the like) at the Westerner Grounds in Red Deer for the Cdn. Nat'l Solo 2 championships from Fri. Aug. 15 to 17 for all to check out... Furthermore, they will not be standing still: They will be attacking the cones as fast as possible!

Heck, you could even enter to see if you and your car are as fast as you think.

See www.CNACsolo.ca

Reijo

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by silverTEG
    this is a Sport compact only show. no rednecks at all. we need a good show , to prove there is support for sport compacts.

so who's coming?
    Yah you guys should change your meeting spot, go to the westerner fair grounds like reijo suggested, meeting at a bar especially wild bills is gay plus Red Deer doesnt have enough sport compacts to make it worth while
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    CTS-V (700+Hp), Supercharged Tundra, 1970 vette

I'll try to make it out. Hopefully there is a good turn out

My Ride
    Integra

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Yah you guys should change your meeting spot, go to the westerner fair grounds like reijo suggested, meeting at a bar especially wild bills is gay plus Red Deer doesnt have enough sport compacts to make it worth while

its a show and shine,at wild bills. they are putting it on, supplying the trophys, whats so wrong with that?. and by the sounds of it, there will be alot of cars coming, and from more than just red deer. we are trying to make the scene a little bigger in red deer , and events like this should help, unless they have a negative attitude like yours, so yeah thanks for the post-jacking.
    Last edited by silverTEG; 08-11-2003 at 08:53 AM.

My Ride
    Integra

Originally posted by 02bump'nWRX
    I'll try to make it out. Hopefully there is a good turn out

good to hear!!

My Ride
    Denali

the only reason we post about this thread is because we are from Red Deer, and have been exposed to the red deer car scene for long enough to know what it is all about... it was just constructive critisism

My Ride
    Integra

Originally posted by acuraxx
    the only reason we post about this thread is because we are from Red Deer, and have been exposed to the red deer car scene for long enough to know what it is all about... it was just constructive critisism

it wont change if everyone sits around. we must support the sport compact scene. then we earn respect. im tired of all these muscle car and old shit, show and shines. its time to get with the times. and i dont think redlyne's post was constructive criticism, it was 100% negative, "meeting at wild bills is gay" and "red deer doesnt have enough sport compacts to make it worthwhile", that doesnt help the scene does it?

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by silverTEG

it wont change if everyone sits around. we must support the sport compact scene. then we earn respect. im tired of all these muscle car and old shit, show and shines. its time to get with the times. and i dont think redlyne's post was constructive criticism, it was 100% negative, "meeting at wild bills is gay" and "red deer doesnt have enough sport compacts to make it worthwhile", that doesnt help the scene does it?
    My post was constructive, I grew up in Red Deer, I was involved with the import scene when you were still in Junior High. Honestly Wild Bills isnt the best place in the world for a car meet, its a place where washed up bands play cover tunes to hammered cowboys. And honestly for a show Red Deer doesnt have a large enough scene yet. Im not dissing you for supporting the scene, it's just not car sow worthy yet, its more of a casual cruise and meet kind of town
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Integra

been to wild bills lately? obviously not. and exactly how old are you btw?

SilverTEG,

Dude, you don't know Mr. Redlyne_MR2???

Seriously....

That guy atleast has seen the Red Deer scene long enough to comment regardless.

My Ride
    CTS-V (700+Hp), Supercharged Tundra, 1970 vette

ok who cares!!!!!!!!! If the shows at wild bills thats cool i don't see a problem with that. If people don't like that then they don't have to come, problem solved.

Personaly i like it so i can have a beer or two, while looking at bud girls and nice cars ......... actually that sounded pretty redneckish.... i guess probably because it is

Anyway its nice to see someone or some group, taking the steps to put on what sounds like a decent show. Props to you guys!

My Ride
    Integra

Originally posted by 02bump'nWRX
    ok who cares!!!!!!!!! If the shows at wild bills thats cool i don't see a problem with that. If people don't like that then they don't have to come, problem solved.

Personaly i like it so i can have a beer or two, while looking at bud girls and nice cars ......... actually that sounded pretty redneckish.... i guess probably because it is

Anyway its nice to see someone or some group, taking the steps to put on what sounds like a decent show. Props to you guys!

this is the kind of attitude we need more of.