Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > My "new" car - 750+hp!

Author
Thread
rage2

What I drive: C63 Black Series, CLS Winter Beater
Posts/Day: 1.00
Trader Rating: (24)
User Rating: 99%

My "new" car - 750+hp! quote:

So I've been kinda keeping the project under wraps till it's done, and she's almost done!

I wanted something with retarded amounts of horsepower, and have heard a lot of great things about the HPF turbo kit for the E46 M3. So I pulled the trigger, and the guys at TC Motorsport (exclusive HPF dealer) had a Stage 2 kit shipped and installed on my M3 Cab.

The HPF Stage 2 kit is their upgraded meth kit which gives race gas power with 91 pump. Thanks to the Precision T67 turbo, the car puts out around 700hp on 91 octane pump gas, 750hp on 110 octane race gas (without meth it puts out about 550hp on pump, 700hp on race). The beauty of this kit is the OEM look... the kit is soooo clean. I've never seen an aftermarket kit look so good. Everything is CAD designed and CNC machined. I've also opted for their Feramic clutch kit, which works perfectly with the SMG tranny.

One of the big reasons I went with the HPF turbo kit and not one of the M3 supercharger kits is that at 3700ft elevation, superchargers lose power compared to sea level. The HPF kit targets boost using it's MAP sensor, so it makes the exact same power at sea level. Their stage 1 turbo kit will walk every M3 supercharger kit at sea level, and blow them away at our elevation. I drove the car with the kit for the first time yesterday, 2nd gear is now completely useless haha. Nothing but wheelspin. 3rd gear hooked up half decent with light wheelspin, and it just hauled ass. Definately one of the top 3 fastest cars I've ever driven.

Here's a few pics of the parts and install:

Twin HKS BOV - One wasn't enough to bleed the pressure:
click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

T67 Turbo:
click for larger version

Baller Intake Manifold:
click for larger version

Baller Turbo Manifold:
click for larger version

FMIC:
click for larger version

Race Gas haha:
click for larger version

Boost and WBO2 Gauges:
click for larger version

The full gallery is here:
http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/hpfturbo/

I haven't taken pics of the completed car yet... actually, I've been so busy at work I stopped dropping by to take pics of the stage 2 meth install. But she'll be at DTP where I'll be taking the first pics of the car actually done.

I'd like to thank TC Motorsport for the awesome install job, and Sheni's Auto-Trend for finding that blown fuse .

See you all at DTP!

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-22-2008 04:25 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

iceburns288
Second Gear

What I drive: GMC Acadia
Posts/Day: 0.48
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Holy shit.

Originally posted by VIZSLA
Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
1, On the track
2, In the steward's box
3, In Paris

Old Post 05-22-2008 04:27 PM
iceburns288 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for iceburns288 Click here to Send iceburns288 a Private Message Find more posts by iceburns288 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kloubek
Third Gear

What I drive: A vehicle or two
Posts/Day: 1.45
Trader Rating: (35)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Crazy power man. I wonder how much driveline components you'll end up fixing over time.

Awesome though - enjoy!

Originally posted by James Stewart
Think rationally for a second.

Old Post 05-22-2008 04:27 PM
Kloubek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kloubek Click here to Send Kloubek a Private Message Find more posts by Kloubek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Euro_Trash
Second Gear

What I drive: ////M
Posts/Day: 0.40
Trader Rating: (9)

quote:

Oh god yes

Old Post 05-22-2008 04:28 PM
Euro_Trash is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Euro_Trash Click here to Send Euro_Trash a Private Message Find more posts by Euro_Trash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aleks
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 14 Toyota Tundra, 13 Honda Fit, 12 Honda Odyssey
Posts/Day: 0.95
Trader Rating: (13)

quote:

So that's why the M3 was sitting there.

Old Post 05-22-2008 04:28 PM
Aleks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aleks Click here to Send Aleks a Private Message Find more posts by Aleks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Destinova403
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.74
Trader Rating: (3)

quote:

one word... WOW. cant wait to see it at DTP man

Old Post 05-22-2008 04:29 PM
Destinova403 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Destinova403 Click here to Send Destinova403 a Private Message Find more posts by Destinova403 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JRSC00LUDE
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.23
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 112%

quote:

You never cease to amaze sir.

Originally posted by SJW
Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.

Originally posted by snowcat
Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

Old Post 05-22-2008 04:30 PM
JRSC00LUDE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JRSC00LUDE Click here to Send JRSC00LUDE a Private Message Find more posts by JRSC00LUDE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
analbumcover
Banned

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.38
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Can I has a Ride?

Old Post 05-22-2008 04:32 PM
analbumcover is offline Click Here to See the Profile for analbumcover Click here to Send analbumcover a Private Message Find more posts by analbumcover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BerserkerCatSplat

What I drive: Jeep of Theseus
Posts/Day: 1.56
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

Fastest douche in Calgary!

Old Post 05-22-2008 04:34 PM
BerserkerCatSplat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BerserkerCatSplat Click here to Send BerserkerCatSplat a Private Message Visit BerserkerCatSplat's homepage! Find more posts by BerserkerCatSplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

quote:

Originally posted by Kloubek
Crazy power man. I wonder how much driveline components you'll end up fixing over time.

Since the SMG doesn't really launch hard at all, I don't think it'll put too much strain on the drivetrain. Well... maybe the S6 mode shifts might haha. We'll see.

So far there's about 40 HPF cars out there, and nobody has broken anything yet. The cars have been drag raced (runs low 11's on street tires), auto crossed, road course lapping, not a problem out there. I'm pretty confident.

The car's a monster, it's faster than an Enzo from 60-120mph haha.

I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 05-22-2008 04:37 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
richardchan2002
Slow and Furious

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.28
Trader Rating: (339)

quote:

Wow, that got done fast. It was only two months back when you told me you ordered the kit.

Race gas =

Old Post 05-22-2008 04:39 PM
richardchan2002 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for richardchan2002 Click here to Send richardchan2002 a Private Message Visit richardchan2002's homepage! Find more posts by richardchan2002 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oldskool
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.09

quote:

Just dont let your brother take it to school!!!

Old Post 05-22-2008 04:40 PM
Oldskool is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oldskool Click here to Send Oldskool a Private Message Find more posts by Oldskool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

quote:

Originally posted by richardchan2002
Wow, that got done fast. It was only two months back when you told me you ordered the kit.

Race gas =

It would've been faster if it wasn't for that fuse that nobody seems to know about... hidden with all the relays haha.

Ya, from the day I ordered it to the day it was done, a little over a month. TC Motorsport took their time to learn everything about the kit, so future installs would be a lot faster. My guess is 2 week turnaround once the parts arrive.

Old Post 05-22-2008 04:40 PM
962 kid
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.47
Trader Rating: (17)

quote:

aaaand he's back.... I was wondering how long it would take for you to get back into the modding game haha. I think we still have the pump from your old drum of VP, you may as well order another one now

Old Post 05-22-2008 04:42 PM
962 kid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 962 kid Click here to Send 962 kid a Private Message Find more posts by 962 kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zain123
First Gear

What I drive: 06 Avalon
Posts/Day: 0.31
Trader Rating: (41)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

cant wait to see it in person

Old Post 05-22-2008 04:43 PM
zain123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zain123 Click here to Send zain123 a Private Message Find more posts by zain123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Supa Dexta
Third Gear

What I drive: Farm Tractors
Posts/Day: 0.90

quote:

Damn nice man!.. We'll be close on pump, but you'll kill me on race... what do those cars weigh?

Old Post 05-22-2008 04:43 PM
Supa Dexta is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Supa Dexta Click here to Send Supa Dexta a Private Message Find more posts by Supa Dexta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dj_honda
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (31)

quote:

nice work! so this is all on stock block?

Originally posted by mitsumirage
the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

Old Post 05-22-2008 04:44 PM
dj_honda is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dj_honda Click here to Send dj_honda a Private Message Find more posts by dj_honda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
syeve
Super Nintendo Chamers

What I drive: V8 S4
Posts/Day: 0.32
User Rating: 102%

quote:

Awesome dude. That is how you make power for reals.

George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and Christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd.
- Sam Harris

Old Post 05-22-2008 04:44 PM
syeve is offline Click Here to See the Profile for syeve Click here to Send syeve a Private Message Find more posts by syeve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

quote:

Originally posted by 962 kid
aaaand he's back.... I was wondering how long it would take for you to get back into the modding game haha. I think we still have the pump from your old drum of VP, you may as well order another one now

Ya, I've been trying to grow up, but it was an epic fail once again. The pump is at my house btw haha, and I'm gonna stick to pump gas. Just needed race gas for initial tests and that extra 50hp haha.

Old Post 05-22-2008 04:45 PM
rage2

quote:

Originally posted by dj_honda
nice work! so this is all on stock block?

Yep. Stage 3 (1000hp) requires a built block.

Old Post 05-22-2008 04:46 PM
Toms-SC
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.53

quote:

Haha, I knew it.

What cellphone is that BTW?

Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Old Post 05-22-2008 04:57 PM
Toms-SC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toms-SC Click here to Send Toms-SC a Private Message Find more posts by Toms-SC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topmade
First Gear

What I drive: POS
Posts/Day: 0.20
Trader Rating: (43)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Originally posted by rage2

Yep. Stage 3 (1000hp) requires a built block.

So is this on order already or what?

Old Post 05-22-2008 05:03 PM
topmade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topmade Click here to Send topmade a Private Message Find more posts by topmade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1-Bar
Third Gear

What I drive: Subaru GR
Posts/Day: 0.78
Trader Rating: (52)

quote:

looks good.....can't wait to see that beast on the track. Any suspension upgrades for the future?

Old Post 05-22-2008 05:04 PM
1-Bar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1-Bar Click here to Send 1-Bar a Private Message Find more posts by 1-Bar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
01RedDX
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.56
Trader Rating: (22)

quote:

That must sound crazy good *vroooomm-douccchhhhe-vrooomm*

jk fuck am i jealous right now

Old Post 05-22-2008 05:06 PM
01RedDX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 01RedDX Click here to Send 01RedDX a Private Message Find more posts by 01RedDX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NickGT
FKA FoxLX

What I drive: Apex Predator
Posts/Day: 0.24

quote:

Originally posted by 1-Bar
looks good.....can't wait to see that beast on the track. Any suspension upgrades for the future?

I was thinking more along the lines of a roll cage, wheelie bar, parachute and if there's time an ejection seat lol. Congrats on the new goodies Rage2. Have fun

"She takes premium dude! PREMIUM!!! DUDE!!!!"

Last edited by NickGT on 05-22-2008 at 05:11 PM

Old Post 05-22-2008 05:09 PM
NickGT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NickGT Click here to Send NickGT a Private Message Find more posts by NickGT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigMass
Second Gear

Posts/Day: 0.30
Trader Rating: (35)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

suspension, aero, widebody and brakes. Then take it to the Nurburgring for some fun in your own personal DTM car :P

Old Post 05-22-2008 05:14 PM
BigMass is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigMass Click here to Send BigMass a Private Message Find more posts by BigMass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
94boosted
Second Gear

What I drive: 2010 Chevy Corvette GS Coupe, 2013 MB GLK 350
Posts/Day: 0.55
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 104%

quote:

Yah are you doing any suspension or brake upgrades to handle all this extra power

Old Post 05-22-2008 05:16 PM
94boosted is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 94boosted Click here to Send 94boosted a Private Message Visit 94boosted's homepage! Find more posts by 94boosted Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

quote:

Doubt it, I'll need more time with it to decide that. The suspension that's on the car is already really stiff, so we'll see how well it works once I put more miles on the bitch.

Originally posted by 01RedDX
That must sound crazy good *vroooomm-douccchhhhe-vrooomm*

Ya, the twin BOV's sound pretty cool. The car is really quiet until I let off and the BOV's go off. Total sleeper. The wastegate dump is routed back to the exhaust, so it's completely muffled.

Originally posted by NickGT
I was thinking more along the lines of a roll cage, wheelie bar, parachute and if there's time an ejection seat lol. Congrats on the new goodies Rage2. Have fun

haha the car's not THAT fast. Plus at 3700-3800lbs, it's not exactly a lightweight.

Originally posted by BigMass
suspension, aero, widebody and brakes. Then take it to the Nurburgring for some fun in your own personal DTM car :P

I'm pretty sure I'll need brakes. I've already started looking at Brembo kits to see what will clear the wheels nicely. Widebody depending on if I need the traction or not (I think I'll manage fine). The DTM widebody looks fucking hot!

Old Post 05-22-2008 05:20 PM
brandon
First Gear

What I drive: Black Ford's
Posts/Day: 0.24
Trader Rating: (4)

quote:

Fuck Me.
I am envious!

Good Job! What tires are you running?

Originally posted by Melinda

You certainly are not a very nice person though.

Old Post 05-22-2008 05:22 PM
brandon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brandon Click here to Send brandon a Private Message Find more posts by brandon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
a social dsease
Neutral

What I drive: wrx wagon
Posts/Day: 0.11

quote:

F'ing sick car Rage! The engine bay almost looks stock. What RPM does she start to spool at, and what level of boost are you going to be running?

Old Post 05-22-2008 05:31 PM
a social dsease is offline Click Here to See the Profile for a social dsease Click here to Send a social dsease a Private Message Find more posts by a social dsease Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

quote:

Widebody cab looks pretty fucking epic sweet.

But I could only dream... it's a summer DD, and something like that can't realistically be driven daily.

Old Post 05-22-2008 05:32 PM
BrknFngrs
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (22)

quote:

Originally posted by rage2
But I could only dream... it's a summer DD, and something like that can't realistically be driven daily.

The widebody is too much for a DD, but 700+hp is DD material.

Old Post 05-22-2008 05:36 PM
BrknFngrs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BrknFngrs Click here to Send BrknFngrs a Private Message Find more posts by BrknFngrs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GQBalla
Third Gear

What I drive: 04 civic, 04 cbr600rr
Posts/Day: 0.93
Trader Rating: (58)
User Rating: 139%

quote:

BALLERRRR

wow this thing looks nuts.

i love the pics.

Old Post 05-22-2008 05:44 PM
GQBalla is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GQBalla Click here to Send GQBalla a Private Message Find more posts by GQBalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
funkedelic
Banned

What I drive: BMW E46 LSB ///M3
Posts/Day: 0.32
Trader Rating: (13)

quote:

holy fuck! I'm seriously jealous. HPF is the only way to go with our cars, thats absoutely insane.

Get some bigger brakes and your ready to go! What do you got the car on now? Lowering springs and aftermarket shocks? That car would be bad ass with some coilovers.

Don't do the widebody kit, the m3 is already wide enough. Can't wait to see this car this weekend

Buy My ///M3
! Click Here
<------------ *Price Reduced

Old Post 05-22-2008 05:51 PM
funkedelic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for funkedelic Click here to Send funkedelic a Private Message Find more posts by funkedelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BerserkerCatSplat

What I drive: Jeep of Theseus
Posts/Day: 1.56
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

Originally posted by BrknFngrs

Fuck yeah, man-logic!

Old Post 05-22-2008 06:03 PM
BerserkerCatSplat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BerserkerCatSplat Click here to Send BerserkerCatSplat a Private Message Visit BerserkerCatSplat's homepage! Find more posts by BerserkerCatSplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
superboss
Neutral

What I drive: is in storage, due to the recession!!!
Posts/Day: 0.06
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

wow

Old Post 05-22-2008 06:09 PM
superboss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for superboss Click here to Send superboss a Private Message Find more posts by superboss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trini
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.30

quote:

sweet

Old Post 05-22-2008 06:12 PM
Trini is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trini Click here to Send Trini a Private Message Visit Trini's homepage! Find more posts by Trini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5hift
First Gear

What I drive: .
Posts/Day: 0.20
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Very sick addition, but please tell me the price tag of $18,495 US for the stage 2 kit as quoted by http://www.m3turbo.com/ is wrong.

Old Post 05-22-2008 06:21 PM
5hift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5hift Click here to Send 5hift a Private Message Find more posts by 5hift Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

quote:

Originally posted by BrknFngrs

The beauty of the HPF kit, if you drive it normal under 3000rpm, it feels exactly like stock. It's the most drivable 700hp I've ever driven.

The widebody kit is moulded onto the existing fenders. The front bumper is only available in fiberglass or CF. It would take 1 crowfoot speedbump to destroy it.

Thus, it's not really a good DD solution. How the hell am I supposed to get my Edo Japan???

Originally posted by funkedelic
Get some bigger brakes and your ready to go! What do you got the car on now? Lowering springs and aftermarket shocks? That car would be bad ass with some coilovers.

Springs and shocks right now on the car. Spring rates are pretty perfect on it right now and I've dialed out most of the shitty handling traits of the convertible chassis (which might change now that it's got a bit of power). I'd only go coilover if I need to corner balance the car, which probably isn't necessary for a few track days here and there.

Old Post 05-22-2008 06:22 PM
rage2

quote:

Originally posted by 5hift
Very sick addition, but please tell me the price tag of $18,495 US for the stage 2 kit as quoted by http://www.m3turbo.com/ is wrong.

It's wrong. The price tag doesn't include the clutch, underbrace or the install .

Ya, it hurt my bank balance haha.

Old Post 05-22-2008 06:24 PM
The time now is 11:14 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: