Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > LF: Wooden Pallet Disposal

Author
Thread
S13_Ryan
First Gear

What I drive: SR20 240sx / 2002 Jeep
Posts/Day: 0.47
Trader Rating: (20)
User Rating: 95%

LF: Wooden Pallet Disposal quote:

I've heard from a few people in Calgary that theres a couple places that Pay you for recycling Wooden pallets rather than just throwing them out. I've got 35-40 of them.... maybe more.

If i can get even $5 per pallet and have the mind-set that they are going to be re-used rather than just chucked id be happy.

if anyone knows let me know, tks.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-11-2010 02:52 AM
S13_Ryan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for S13_Ryan Click here to Send S13_Ryan a Private Message Find more posts by S13_Ryan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

TomcoPDR
Forum Sponsor

What I drive: GMC
Posts/Day: 0.88
Trader Rating: (74)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Rona and Home Depot sometimes have a $20 deposit on them, just bring it back and say you forgot the receipt.

I done it once with Rona without a receipt, BUT it was legitimately from them, I bought a DIY shed and they delivered it on a pallet and forced a $20 deposit. (but again, I didn't have receipt when I returned it)

Old Post 02-11-2010 03:10 AM
TomcoPDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TomcoPDR Click here to Send TomcoPDR a Private Message Find more posts by TomcoPDR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Graham_A_M
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 6 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.
Posts/Day: 1.74
Trader Rating: (40)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

^ Most pallet builders such as Calgary Pallet will buy them off of you.
Here, check out this link
http://www.yellowpages.ca/search/si...t/Calgary%2C+AB

If they're in bad shape or broken to the extent that they aren't usable until they're repaired, dont expect to get anything for them.

Old Post 02-11-2010 03:19 AM
Graham_A_M is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Graham_A_M Click here to Send Graham_A_M a Private Message Find more posts by Graham_A_M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
civicrider
Second Gear

What I drive: Audi A5
Trader Rating: (19)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

nope no one is buying them, i had to pay $2 per skid to get rid of them

Old Post 02-11-2010 04:05 AM
civicrider is offline Click Here to See the Profile for civicrider Click here to Send civicrider a Private Message Find more posts by civicrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
S13_Ryan
First Gear

quote:

hmm, thanks guys. ill give those guys a call tomorrow.

I'd try the old home depot trick if it were just a couple but i'm not gonna spend days driving around the city to all Home Depots to get rid of 40 some pallets.

civicrider, how long ago was it you had to pay $2 to dispose of.

Old Post 02-11-2010 05:46 AM
S13_Ryan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for S13_Ryan Click here to Send S13_Ryan a Private Message Find more posts by S13_Ryan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nonlinear
Banned

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.17
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

have a sweet 5 minute BONFIRE!!!!

Old Post 02-11-2010 05:53 AM
nonlinear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nonlinear Click here to Send nonlinear a Private Message Find more posts by nonlinear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vince1
Banned

What I drive: Loud ass Dodge-deal with it
Posts/Day: 0.06
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Whenever I had a load of pallets and tried to get money for them, they were always the wrong size, or they had too many of the right size that day, blah blah blah... If you do end up having to pay to get rid of them, there's a place called Beaver grinders and recycling, go south on Barlow, first left after the pick and pull, then 1st or 2nd left again and it's down at the end of the street. They only charge 32$ per tonne as opposed to 85$ per tonne at city landfills. So make sure whichever hauler you choose doesn't charge more than 4$ per skid. (2-4$ per is going rate) A load of pallets is mostly air, so anybody trying to give you a full load rate for that is ripping you off. Just so you know.

Old Post 02-11-2010 12:06 PM
Vince1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vince1 Click here to Send Vince1 a Private Message Find more posts by Vince1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rat Fink
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.40
User Rating: 99%

quote:

list it on kijiji for free and let some skid come and pick them up thinking you just floated the inventory for their new home business. LOL

Old Post 02-11-2010 01:36 PM
Rat Fink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rat Fink Click here to Send Rat Fink a Private Message Find more posts by Rat Fink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vince1
Banned

quote:

Originally posted by Rat Fink
list it on kijiji for free and let some skid come and pick them up thinking you just floated the inventory for their new home business. LOL

wow....

Old Post 02-11-2010 02:46 PM
Vince1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vince1 Click here to Send Vince1 a Private Message Find more posts by Vince1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scat19
Banned

What I drive: has three pedals.
Posts/Day: 1.01
Trader Rating: (3)

quote:

hahaha.

Might get lowballed though, knowing Kijiji

Old Post 02-11-2010 03:09 PM
scat19 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for scat19 Click here to Send scat19 a Private Message Find more posts by scat19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vince1
Banned

quote:

x2.

Kijiji is an absolute clusterfuck of grinders and people who think the world owes them something. The mods on Kijiji really need to clamp down, it is of little value for the average everyday user IMHO.

Old Post 02-11-2010 03:25 PM
Rstar

What I drive: WRX
Posts/Day: 0.02

quote:

+1 for pallet fire

Old Post 02-11-2010 04:05 PM
Rstar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rstar Click here to Send Rstar a Private Message Find more posts by Rstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eblend
Second Gear

What I drive: 03 Cadillac CTS
Posts/Day: 0.56
Trader Rating: (100)

quote:

I used to work building pallets long ago, we used to buy used pallets to repair them to be resold. Hillhurst Pallets was the place.

Old Post 02-11-2010 04:34 PM
eblend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eblend Click here to Send eblend a Private Message Find more posts by eblend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
civicrider
Second Gear

What I drive: Audi A5
Trader Rating: (19)

quote:

beaver grinders is expensive, $100 to drop off a trailer, you load it yourself then $100 to pick it up. I paid $2 a skid a couple weeks ago, i called everywhere and no one would take them.

Call skipco, 403-569-8523 they will come and load them and its $2 per skid

Old Post 02-11-2010 05:41 PM
civicrider is offline Click Here to See the Profile for civicrider Click here to Send civicrider a Private Message Find more posts by civicrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bituerbo
Second Gear

What I drive: Audi A6 2.7T, Kawi ZX6
Posts/Day: 0.51
Trader Rating: (11)

quote:

Humm, if I had a truck I'd take 10 of them off your hands for firewood.

Old Post 02-11-2010 07:08 PM
bituerbo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bituerbo Click here to Send bituerbo a Private Message Find more posts by bituerbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
S13_Ryan
First Gear

quote:

ok guys, ive got 60 of these bastards. 5.5ft by 3ft. what to do?! itd be nice to make some cash from this.

Old Post 03-15-2010 04:15 AM
project240
First Gear

What I drive: 03 Mdx, 05 Gli
Posts/Day: 0.15
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

Majority of pallets are junk softwoods, but I recently got a bunch of hardwood (maple/cherry) pallet lumber from a guy. If anyone has any hardwood pallets, I'd be interested, shoot me a pm.

Old Post 03-15-2010 04:53 AM
project240 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for project240 Click here to Send project240 a Private Message Find more posts by project240 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Graham_A_M
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 6 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.
Posts/Day: 1.74
Trader Rating: (40)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by S13_Ryan
ok guys, ive got 60 of these bastards. 5.5ft by 3ft. what to do?! itd be nice to make some cash from this.

Firewood! Camping season is just around the corner

Old Post 03-15-2010 05:06 AM
Graham_A_M is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Graham_A_M Click here to Send Graham_A_M a Private Message Find more posts by Graham_A_M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roopi
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.29
Trader Rating: (46)
User Rating: 237%

quote:

Sorry to bump an old thread but I've been looking to get rid of 20 pallets for past week. Tried giving them away for free on Kijjiji and 5 different people said they would come pick them up for free and all of them were no shows. Why do people even respond to the ads if they have no intention of picking these up. One of them even asked me to deliver them. Apparently free isn't good enough that delivery has to be included.

Old Post 04-18-2011 06:01 AM
roopi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roopi Click here to Send roopi a Private Message Find more posts by roopi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cooked Rice
Second Gear

What I drive: gets me to the airport
Posts/Day: 0.80
Trader Rating: (11)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

lol, break them down and sell it as fire wood.

Last edited by Cooked Rice on 04-18-2011 at 06:13 AM

Old Post 04-18-2011 06:11 AM
Cooked Rice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cooked Rice Click here to Send Cooked Rice a Private Message Find more posts by Cooked Rice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 03:45 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: