Quantcast
Northland Volkswagen - TERRIBLE SERVICE! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Northland Volkswagen - TERRIBLE SERVICE!

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Default Northland Volkswagen - TERRIBLE SERVICE!

I just need to rant, OK??

So I bring a couple strut assemblies into northland vw to get the struts changed (I don't own the VW542/VAG 3078A tool to complete the job) and for the third day in a row, Bill (the head of service dept??) tells me that they just didn't have time to get around to it and he has no idea where his mechanic is. He doesn't offer to get it done right then and there, and proceeds to tell me he won't do it on the weekend cause he doesn't have enough staff.

FUCK YOU BILL, KEEP TRACK OF YOUR MECHANICS SO THAT YOUR BOYS CAN FINISH A WORK ORDER THAT SHOULD'VE BEEN DONE 3 DAYS AGO.

It's not even that hard to do, probably wouldn't take them more than a half hour to compress the springs and change the struts. Did you guys think that since I was only bringing in the strut assemblies that I was less important than everyone else? Or are you just so fucking disorganized that you can't even keep track of what needs to be done in a day??!

Bill, if you're reading this, you fucked me over this weekend. I needed these struts DONE. This is Karma man, I hope this thread makes the front page of google.

/rant
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    2017 Tacoma street queen

You tear Bill a new hole

My Ride
    4x4

LOL, oi vey... Did ya miss the 300 threads about poor service at northland on clubveedub, dasdubbers, and just about every other vdub fanboy forum?

My Ride
    '93 Golf GTD/IDI

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Best shop in town for all your VW needs:tunedub

My Ride
    Jetta 1.8t

Originally posted by boci
    Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Best shop in town for all your VW needs:tunedub
    definitely best place

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Default Re: Northland Volkswagen - TERRIBLE SERVICE!

Originally posted by zipdoa
    I just need to rant, OK??

So I bring a couple strut assemblies into northland vw to get the struts changed (I don't own the VW542/VAG 3078A tool to complete the job) and for the third day in a row, Bill (the head of service dept??) tells me that they just didn't have time to get around to it and he has no idea where his mechanic is. He doesn't offer to get it done right then and there, and proceeds to tell me he won't do it on the weekend cause he doesn't have enough staff.

FUCK YOU BILL, KEEP TRACK OF YOUR MECHANICS SO THAT YOUR BOYS CAN FINISH A WORK ORDER THAT SHOULD'VE BEEN DONE 3 DAYS AGO.

It's not even that hard to do, probably wouldn't take them more than a half hour to compress the springs and change the struts. Did you guys think that since I was only bringing in the strut assemblies that I was less important than everyone else? Or are you just so fucking disorganized that you can't even keep track of what needs to be done in a day??!

Bill, if you're reading this, you fucked me over this weekend. I needed these struts DONE. This is Karma man, I hope this thread makes the front page of google.

holy crap......anger issues here
    /rant
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    is Invisible

5th ave VW is where you need to go!

Actually, take the car from northland, if u have an extra key and go to 5th ave right before they open. They usually accept 1 emergency a day, so its crucial u are there early.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Funny enough, 2ish years ago I had the exact same problem.

N-Land VW bites it hard when it comes to service...

.. And while were on the topic, 5th ave auto haus sucks balls when it comes to the parts dept.
    I've had more than a sozen mis-orders with them. ('Nuf said)

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Sorry to hear about your experience. Take the car back and go to tunedub

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Screw you Bill. You are the scummiest of the scum.

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

I used to work at Northland VW. Terrible terrible place.

As it's been said before, Concept1, tunedub, and if you must take it to a dealership, go to 5th ave autohaus.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Oh man, I totally forgot my bad Northland VW story. I've got bills, recorded phone calls promising a refund, receipts, everything on a misdiagnosed warranty job (yes, they fucking charged me). Will post in a few days.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Lawrence @ Calgary Autoworks was kind enough to lend me the VW542 tool that I need to remove the spring nut on the strut assembly... the only thing is I need to press a bushing into my control arm and I don't really have the proper tools for that.

These struts honestly would've taken 30 minutes to replace... they aren't even in the fucking car!

Rage - did you buy your GTI @ northland??
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I bought mine at Southcenter. I went to Northland because it was closer to me. What a fucking mistake.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

My sister's friend went to Northland Volkswagen and they wanted to charge him $200 extra to get the colour he wanted for the car he was buying. It wasn't a rare colour or anything, they just didn't have it on the lot and said it'd cost him that to order it.

I think he took his business to Southcentre as well.

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

Originally posted by rage2
    Oh man, I totally forgot my bad Northland VW story. I've got bills, recorded phone calls promising a refund, receipts, everything on a misdiagnosed warranty job (yes, they fucking charged me). Will post in a few days.
    at least someone took care of you

My Ride
    //M

when I worked at Heninger, I found they were extremely arrogant to deal with. Absolutely stupid dealership.
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Dude, sorry to hear that, sucks to get such bad service
    Autosignature

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by 2002civic
    at least someone took care of you
    haha thanks man.

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

My bad Northland VW story? This was about 6 years ago. Summer 2004.

This was for my first Corrado, a '90 G60.

Took my car in for a mandatory insurance inspection to change insurance companies and since I had a credit from Northland VW, I decided to just take it there to use up the credit.

Car goes in for inspection, comes out as expected, passing everything with no problems. Also came out with a leaky sunroof, discovered 2 weeks later after a day of rain. And not just a small leak, we're talking 4 inches of water in the bottom of the passenger side of the car. Passenger chair was soaked, headliner was soaked. Granted the sunroof motor was burned out so it didn't work, but the thing DID NOT leak.

I took it back to the stealership claiming "It was not leaking before the inspection, now it's leaking. What the hell happened?" They pulled the "oh well, it's been two weeks, a lot can happen in two weeks. It's unlikely it was something from the inspection, and unless you can prove it, we have no choice but to charge you for service, but in good faith we can take a look at it for 30 seconds for free to see if we can figure it out."

I basically said "Don't pull that bullshit with me, you fucked up, you fix it. Here's the keys" and I left.

I get a phone call the next day, saying they found the problem, nothing major, and that my car was ready to be picked up. I get to the shop and it turns out they wanted to charge me $450 for a sunroof seal, and would not release my car to me until I paid for it. Stating that if I did not pay for it that day that the price would go up everyday I didn't pick it up as a "storage fee". I lost it. They didn't even call me to tell me they were going to be installing new parts at a cost to me. But hey, they gave me a "free wet vacuum to get the puddles of water out of the car." I went off yelling that a sunroof seal doesn't keep a car from leaking, it merely keeps the debris out as VW sunroofs are designed to leak and disperse water to the outside of the car via hoses.
    Them: "Well that's what the tech said the problem was."
    Me: " Fire the fucking tech and put my old seal back on so I can get out of here."
    Them: "We can't, we threw it out."
    Me: "You didn't even keep the part to show me the problem? You just threw it out?. Here's your money, if it's not fixed I'll be back in 5 minutes."

So I drove to the car wash, fully knowing that I would have a leak again. So I gave it a good soaking, letting the water fill up the car again. Sure enough, water everywhere.

Back to the dealership.
    Me: "Come take a look in my car, you see all that water?"
    Them: "Yes, it appears you're leak is not the sunroof as we just fixed it."
    Me: "So what are you going to do about it?"
    Them: "We'll take a look at it."
    Me: "This better be a damn good look this time, and I'm not paying a cent for it."
    Them: "Fine fine, in good faith we'll do this for free."

At this point I'm hovering over the tech like a hawk, watching his every move. The tech tried to explain to me that I needed a whole new sunroof assembly at $1300. I grabbed his manager, and came back to the car. "Now, show me and the manager why I need a new sunroof assembly." Tech goes off about some bullshit, manager is trying to agree with him.
    Me: "So what kind of a dumbass do you have to be to become a tech at Northland VW? Pull the headliner down and show me."
    Them: "Well, sir, the problem is that the sunroof motor isn't working, so it's not pushing on the seal for a waterproof fit."
    Me:"Are you fucking kidding me? Pull the damn headliner down!"
    Them: "Fine fine."

So he pulls it down this time around, sure enough the drain tubes were disconnected and the holes we're plugged with a bead of silicon or some other similar sealant.

When demanding my money back for the roof seal. They gave me the whole run around about how I couldn't prove that they were the ones that did that. I responded with a "well I'll be sure to know that next time I bring my car to crooks to document everything, right down to the drain tubes on the sunroof, before bringing it for an insurance inspection." After almost two months of fighting with them for that money back I gave up and haven't gone back since.

Never had a roof leak after that, and I had to tear all the interior out, shampoo, and let sit dry for a few days.

All of that bullshit over an insurance inspection.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast