Quantcast
Shaw HDTV PVR for $99 (new AND existing customers) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaw HDTV PVR for $99 (new AND existing customers)

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Shaw HDTV PVR for $99 (new AND existing customers)

Confirmed that this deal works for new and existing customers. The CSR's on the phone are not aware of this, so you have to go to Shaw Court to get this deal.

Go there with an old (broken whatever) Bell or Starchoice receiver. Tell them you want to do the Satellite trade in deal. They'll take your old satellite receiver, and give you either the HDTV DTC for free, or the HDTV PVR for $99.

Perfect for you guys that have HDTV's and Shaw, and want real HDTV content on your TV's! At $99, there's no excuse not to get HDTV heh. That and PVR functionality!

BTW - the HD package with shaw is free. As long as you subscribe to digital cable (any package), The 6 HD channels are free.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Highlander

I was gonna post a thread on HDTV today but hopefully I can go off topic a tiny bit so I dont need to make a new thread?

We have an HDTV ready TV but we havent bought the reciever or anything to actually get it working. My brother and I want to get this done for my dad for xmas (get the reciever, arrange for whatever needs to be hooked up, paid for ect) What do I need to do and how much would it cost?? I'm totall lost on this issue

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

First you need the receiver.

$399 for the Shaw HDTV DTC
    or
    $499 for the Shaw HDTV PVR

-$400 if you have an old ExpressVu or Starchoice receiver to give them for trade in.

Next, you need the service.

$40 setup fee from Shaw if you're a new customer (you'll get $150 credit in ppv and stuff)
    $45.95/month for basic digital cable package
    $0 for HD package
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

how did u find this out?!? I never heard about it...if it's true, that's an incredible deal!!

Hmm.... a nice attractive deal, but I think I'll wait and see what Bell ExpressVu eventually does for an HDTV receiver + PVR.

I kinda pride myself in having a totally SHAW-FREE household now and don't plan to go back to them if I can avoid it.

My Ride
    95 TSi AWD, 05 300C

Originally posted by Inzane
    but I think I'll wait and see what Bell ExpressVu eventually does for an HDTV receiver + PVR.
    you may be waiting for a while....last I heard they had been working on an HDPVR but they've scrapped the project until the technology matures. afaik there are no plans to release a bell HD PVR in the immediatly forseeable future.

Can you use a non HDTV (4:3 CRT) with the HDTV+PVR box since most of the signals are analog anyways?

My Ride
    Bicycle

^ You may but why? You won't gain anything over standard PVR/cable box.

My Ride
    2000 civic SIR

I have talked to several people .. a few actaully AT SHaw Court, and they tell me the only deal they run is for a swap of a satellite reciever for a regular cable box, and then towards credit for an HD or HD PVR. The HD would be an additional $200 and the PVR $300. So if you could please provide us with soem cantact infromation that would be great, because noone seems to have any knowledge about this deal.

Originally posted by Xtrema
    ^ You may but why? You won't gain anything over standard PVR/cable box.
    Is there a non HD cable box that has a PVR?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by sputnik

Is there a non HD cable box that has a PVR?
    True, $99 for standard channel PVR is still pretty sweet.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by redec
    you may be waiting for a while....last I heard they had been working on an HDPVR but they've scrapped the project until the technology matures. afaik there are no plans to release a bell HD PVR in the immediatly forseeable future.

The HD PVR (Dish921 based) is indeed scrapped. BEV still tells people that it's coming though. The only evidence of the HD PVR was in an internal Bell newsletter way back in July.

Oddly enough, the 921 (bell version's) beta firmware is still sent down the datastream, so some high level executives and engineers must have 'em at home .

Originally posted by Xtrema

True, $99 for standard channel PVR is still pretty sweet.
    Is that a yes or a no?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by sputnik
    Can you use a non HDTV (4:3 CRT) with the HDTV+PVR box since most of the signals are analog anyways?
    Yes you can. You gain 1 advantage, and that's seeing your network shows in widescreen format because it's broadcast that way in HD.

CSI's in widescreen .

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Originally posted by itsalebaron
    I have talked to several people .. a few actaully AT SHaw Court, and they tell me the only deal they run is for a swap of a satellite reciever for a regular cable box, and then towards credit for an HD or HD PVR. The HD would be an additional $200 and the PVR $300. So if you could please provide us with soem cantact infromation that would be great, because noone seems to have any knowledge about this deal.
    Bump for this. Anyone selling an old sat receiver btw?

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

Originally posted by itsalebaron
    Any answer to this??
    thx

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Ask to talk to a supervisor. A whole whack of people got the $400 rebate with an old receiver. One guy got a HD receiver for free and a PVR for $99 with 2 old evu receivers. I know 2 people that got the HD pvr for $99.

My Ride
    Sentra

aaaaaaaahhhhhhh

i just got shaw cable, as a new customer on monday night, and i gave an old bell receiver and all I got was a digital box. I need to go see if I can swap that digital box for the hdtv pvr and pay $99.

My Ride
    2000 civic SIR

Originally posted by rlde.us
    aaaaaaaahhhhhhh

i just got shaw cable, as a new customer on monday night, and i gave an old bell receiver and all I got was a digital box. I need to go see if I can swap that digital box for the hdtv pvr and pay $99.
    I went in today and then called and spoke to various people including supervisors, and they all outline the deal your recieved. Is there any documented advertisments or anything we could reference this to other then "my friend said his friend got this deal when he traded in this" ......kinda thing? I know rage isn't trying to give us the run around or anything, but it's honestly a waste of time, without conctrete proof of the offer.

My Ride
    Sentra

Ya, I *just* phoned, they talked to a supervisor, phoned me back. and the only thing I can do, is take my digital box back, pay $300 and get the hdtv pvr.

which might not be a bad deal, but thats alot of money. especially since they still dont have time shifting, i might have to hook up the bell also and have both till my free shaw runs out.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast