Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Home Automotive Forums > Beyond.ca - Car Forums Archive > Car Forums > Photos and Videos Galleries > Cars, Bikes, Machines

Prodrive P2 - Click HERE for Original Thread

Payner
that is so hot I want one so bad:drool:
Pihsiak
Too bad it is non producton model

pro drives just want to prove they can make a bad ass car, if they want to.

damn cock tease
MtYurmom
Originally posted by Pihsiak
Too bad it is non producton model

pro drives just want to prove they can make a bad ass car, if they want to.

damn cock tease

I couldnt agree more. Like going to a strip club... you can see, THEY can touch, but you cant take it for a test drive :cry:

Akagi
Wow Amazing machine... Why could they just not produce that!.
iceburns288
I've seen this before but I just gotta ask, when does a human hair go fast? :p
mac_82
mmmmm prodrive
FivE.SeveN
That wastegate sound is fuckin AWESOME! I want one. ;)
Akagi Redsuns
Originally posted by FivE.SeveN
That wastegate sound is fuckin AWESOME! I want one. ;)

I hope this comment was not stemed from Clarkson explaining the hamster sound. Why would the wastegate make a sound when you let off the gas?

It's the Blow-Off valve. Clarkson and Tiff always seem to get that wrong. In the Fifth Gear Top Speed Lotus they had, Tiff also make a comment about the noise from the wastegate when it was clearly the BOV.

Trick computer controlled center diff + anti-lag + STI Boxer4 + small light car = I likes! Very cool car, too bad it's a only a concept with no plans of production. :(

FivE.SeveN
Oops I meant BOV, got caught up in the vid. ;)
jdm_eg6
haha, its just that a squirel mincer... hahah!! love that line!
Pihsiak
The P2 used the R1 as an insparation.....

Anyone know where i can find some more info in the R1? IS it still AWD and will we be getting that subcompact in Canada?
eb0i
What a cock tease.

Awesome car none the less. :drool: :burnout:
urosbe
Hi!

I am driving Honda turbo with Blitz blow-off and I can hardly say it is blow-off sounds like P2. I also never heard that wastegate is making a sound like that. More possible is that it was running without a blow-off but I could be wrong. In case I am runing my setup without blow-off you can hear similar (but not so loud) sound from the system (probably turbine). But I am running on 0.5 bar, so it's nothing comparing to this P2:)

Uros
Akagi Redsuns
Originally posted by urosbe
snip................In case I am runing my setup without blow-off you can hear similar (but not so loud) sound from the system (probably turbine). But I am running on 0.5 bar, so it's nothing comparing to this P2:)

Uros

I would put that BOV back on. You do realize that the "similar" sound you are hearing is compressor surge right? Not exactly what your turbo to be doing unless you want to replacing it soon.

urosbe
No no, maybe I wasn't clear in my words... I have blow-off in my setup, don't worry. But there was a funny story... when I upgraded engine to turbo, I have also mounted blow-off (Blitz)... it was the first time I was driving turbo in my life, so there was a great sound and I was thinking it was blow-off... I was driving for 2 seasons thinking what a great sound makes Blitz blow-off:) Then my friend also upgraded the engine to turbo, but no blow-off for the beginning, and he had the same sound:)
Final thoughts were that Blitz blow-off had to strong spring inside for my low pressure (0.3-0.6 bar)... so after 2 years I changed the spring with soft one and here I am - right now, after driving with blow-off for 2 months I miss that other sound (almost the same but more quiet as on TopGear s08e05:)

Right now we have conversations with friends and there is not 100% information... what sounds so cool on P2:
- blow-off (which one?)
- wastegate (is it possible that wastegate makes sound? you can hear the same sound on most rally cars)

Uros
Akagi Redsuns
Originally posted by urosbe
snip..................

Right now we have conversations with friends and there is not 100% information... what sounds so cool on P2:
- blow-off (which one?)
- wastegate (is it possible that wastegate makes sound? you can hear the same sound on most rally cars)

Uros

The same sound as in rally cars???? That is probably the anti-lag system at work to keep the turbos spooling when exhaust gas flow is low.

The wastegate is used to bypass exhaust gases around the turbine wheel of the turbo, so it doesn't really it's own sound. However, if you don't plumb the wastegate output back to the exhaust and instead vent it to atmosphere.....it's gets pretty loud, basically how your car sounds if it had no mufflers when you are on boost.

As for the BOV.....no idea. They are so many on the market and they have different noise characteristics depending on it's settings, springs, boost pressure, etc.

Do you want to post a reply? This is a car forums archive, to participate in daily discussions on cars, visit our forums website and register today! Its free.

For the latest automotive news, visit the car blog