Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Home Automotive Forums > Beyond.ca - Car Forums Archive > Car Forums > Marketplace > Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade

FS:Michael Jordan Rookie Card - Click HERE for Original Thread

silenttype23
I'm selling my Michael Jordan Fleer Rookie Card #57 of 132.
The card is in Near Mint to Mint condition. Make an offer!!!!!!
Not many of these around!!!!!
vsmSIR
200 bucks!!!
max_boost
WTF?!?!
You actually have one? Scan a picture, I believe this card is worth at least $2000
littledan
why you selling man?...
vsmSIR
hahah come on ill give you 200...shhh maybe he doesnt know hahahahahahaha...iam sure he does, but what if i can get it for 200...lets see a pic
silenttype23
its listed in the Beckett price guide for $1000 US but this was before his last game, and final retirement.
i bought the card a few years ago. When CARDS were "in" from one of the many card shows they held at many places every weekend at a downtown hotel.

Reason why i'm selling it??? I really don't have a real need for it, thats all.
silenttype23
and the back...........Its been in the same plastic screw down holder ever since.
sexualbanana
Originally posted by silenttype23
Reason why i'm selling it??? I really don't have a real need for it, thats all.

and i'm sure the $1000US wasn't a factor. haha :rofl: jk

buh_buh
u sure that's a rookie card? It lists 2 seasons there on the back.
silenttype23
yes even though it lists his 2 previous seasons, this is considered his rookie card. just for you and others to confirm this go to www.ebay.com and search for Michael Jordan Fleer rookie card.

Oh and the $1000US............i don't expect to get any offer relativly close to that......you hardly ever sell a card for what its listed in the price guide........but the $1000US would be nice:thumbsup:
buh_buh
yes even though it lists his 2 previous seasons, this is considered his rookie card. just for you and others to confirm this go to www.ebay.com and search for Michael Jordan Fleer rookie card.

im not doubting you, just curious.

silenttype23
Originally posted by buh_buh
im not doubting you, just curious.

Oh no worries, I didn't take it that way, all I meant was the proof is on ebay.:)

roopi
I'm not saying this is a fake or anything but I just want to let everyone know that there are reprints of this card floating around!!! All over EBay

Take a look here:

http://www.tozerbros.com/cards.htm

You can buy both the MJ and Gretz Reprint rookie cards for $6.99 each and it isn't that easy to tell the difference.

One thing that I have heard is that on the MJ card the stats are incorrect on the back. Some say reprint on the back some don't. Some have 'RP' on the back and some don't. There are high quality Reprints out there that have been printed on the same card stock as well
silenttype23
Originally posted by roopi
I'm not saying this is a fake or anything but I just want to let everyone know that there are reprints of this card floating around!!! All over EBay

Take a look here:

http://www.tozerbros.com/cards.htm

You can buy both the MJ and Gretz Reprint rookie cards for $6.99 each and it isn't that easy to tell the difference.

One thing that I have heard is that on the MJ card the stats are incorrect on the back. Some say reprint on the back some don't. Some have 'RP' on the back and some don't. There are high quality Reprints out there that have been printed on the same card stock as well

Interesting, i've never heard or seen anything like that. All I can say is that i've had this card for a few years, if you're interested in it PM me.

88CRX
Yeh dude thats either a fake or a really mint jordan rc:thumbsup:
CanadaCivicSIR
I've got Michael Jordan's rookie card for baseball, that got to be worth something I think?
jdmakkord
Originally posted by CanadaCivicSIR
I've got Michael Jordan's rookie card for baseball, that got to be worth something I think?

I've got one too, dont think its worth too much anymore. Theres tons out there, the upperdeck ones.

roopi
Originally posted by CanadaCivicSIR

about $10!

88CRX
yeh the baseball one isn't worth anthing.

oh ya does anyone want to but some hockey cards? i have tons on rookies and most are profesionally graded.
roopi
Originally posted by 88CRX
yeh the baseball one isn't worth anthing.

oh ya does anyone want to but some hockey cards? i have tons on rookies and most are profesionally graded.

where do you get cards professionally graded?

Ajay
I've got a Jose Canseco rookie card.

Last time I checked 3 years ago it was worth $200 US....gonna have to find out how much it's worth now.
Speed_Dreams
I have TONS of hokey stars rookei cards....teemu Selanie , Paul Karyia , Pavel Bure , Eric Lindros , Cory Stillman , Peter Forsberg and many more that i don't care about
88CRX
i personally have only got cards graded through SGC out of the us. So ya me and a friend just saved up and sent a whole load to them and split all duty and shipping. Cost a fortune but prolly well worth it 10 years down the road.

I also have cards graded by BGS (beckett) and PSA.

If anyone is interested in anything let me know cause i prolly have it.
vsmSIR
dood, cut the bullshit what u want for it??
88CRX
I'll give you $175......
TomTom
holy shit i have one of them wayne grtzy cards thats on that page i got it like 8 years ago
James
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
I have TONS of hokey stars rookei cards....teemu Selanie , Paul Karyia , Pavel Bure , Eric Lindros , Cory Stillman , Peter Forsberg and many more that i don't care about

All those rookies are worth anywhere from apx. $5-30. ( i have quite a few) kinda dissapointing....hockey cards arn't really worth a whole lot, especially the ones from the early 90's that were MASS produced. I went on a Rookie card buying binge a few years ago, picked up some good ones though.... Vince Carter, Edgerrin James, Kurt Warner, Ken Griffey Jr., and a whole bunch of other Football players. Hopefully they actually go up in Value.
:dunno:

88CRX
I went on a Rookie card buying binge a few years ago,

Bring it.... I totally have you beat. I went on a massive hackey card buying spree. I have 100+ Jagr rookies alone.

I busted a case of both 90-91 Score and 91-92 Upper Deck for just the rookies.

Yes this was dumb:thumbsdow but if I got around to it I could prolly sell them all off and break even.

James

Bring it.... I totally have you beat. I went on a massive hackey card buying spree. I have 100+ Jagr rookies alone.

I busted a case of both 90-91 Score and 91-92 Upper Deck for just the rookies.

Yes this was dumb:thumbsdow but if I got around to it I could prolly sell them all off and break even.

lol...good stuff....so your talking about the Upper Deck and score Jagr Rookies then?...too bad you dont have the Bowman one thats actually worth something. :rolleyes: $5-10 compared to $45...I just recently traded off some old rookies too a freind for a bunch of "game used cards", a peice of Cujo's Pads, a chunk of the boards at Joe Louis Arena, kinda odd things to have.:tongue:

88CRX
I think I have 6 or 7 Jagr OPC Premiers ungraded and 3 graded.

Here is some highlights (if anyone cares) They are all Gem Mints:D most are one of a kind.

Some others

James
Cool, i dont have too many recent cards at all...Damn car takes up too much money now :tongue:...i was thinkin about getting some of my better cards graded, just never got around to it, and i dont really want to trust them in the Mail.:dunno:
88CRX
I have nothing past 2001..... cause I got my car.

And about the cards.... thats what insurance is for:D When I sent my cards to them I had them insured for $850.
James
I have nothing past 2001..... cause I got my car.

And about the cards.... thats what insurance is for:D When I sent my cards to them I had them insured for $850.

Duh, didnt think of that, what did it cost to insure the cards? how many did you have minted? and what was the cost?.....looks like we've high-jacked this thread. :D

88CRX
I've sent two batches to SGC. Prolly 20+ cards each time. I think cause we sent a total of more then 40 we got them for $7.00us each. Plus shipping. So total, something like $15cdn per card. (thats with duty, and now you can send to a canadian office of theres to get around paying duty) I broke even after selling two cards, a mint Kovalchuk russian pre rc and a Iginla mint select gold rc.

If you ever want to send any in let me know cause I'll help you check them out cause if anything at all under a magnifying glass is wrong it'll grade less then a 8 :thumbsdow
MaYzE
I've got loads of hockey cards. I used to work in a store that sold them. I even have the promo cards that companies would release before the full set. And tons of 1985-92 era cards. Used to be worth something, now they sit and rot in my bedroom. Lots of full sets. Maybe they will become collectables again someday..... we'll see.
silenttype23
SOLD ON EBAY FOR $850US !!!!!!!!!! :clap:
Dope Dealer
SOLD ON EBAY FOR $850US !!!!!!!!!! :clap:

Wow :) Congrats!

TheXplosion
where can you find out how much rookie cards are worth and James how much do you want for your Vince Carter rc.
Thxx
Shaolin
You should send it to Beckett, they officially grade your card.. but I don't know if it's free or not.. in the early 90s the only set that was really worth anything was the bowman series in like 90-92 around that area where it wasn't mass produced... I remember when I was still collecting that year the set was worth something like 300 bucks.. while every other company's cards were worth nothing.. I remember buying a box of 90-91 Ultra Fleer for 85 bucks, and the god dam set was only worth 85 bucks.. go figure.. it was better to sell it individually with all the inserts than selling it as a set.

My oldest card? Probably my Bryan Trottier's rookie, Marcelle Dionne, Mario's 2nd year (2 of them in mint), Patrick Roy rookie and Ray Bourque's 2nd year.. never got a chance to trade for a Gretz or a Lemieux Rookie, back then they were way too expensive.

EDIT: No way in hell I'd buy cards from EBAY, just can never trust these guys.. for the money paid it's just not worth it to just assume that it's Mint and It's a legit card and not a reprint.
gcycheun
i got fakes that look EXCACTLY like that let me know if any ones interested
its not stamped reprinted or anything
Porsche_944
Last post was on 05-03-2003
gongSHOW
Originally posted by TheXplosion
where can you find out how much rookie cards are worth and James how much do you want for your Vince Carter rc.
Thxx

this is a really old old thread

Do you want to post a reply? This is a car forums archive, to participate in daily discussions on cars, visit our forums website and register today! Its free.

For the latest automotive news, visit the car blog