Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Home Automotive Forums > Beyond.ca - Car Forums Archive > Lounge > General

Know much about beds/mattresses? - Click HERE for Original Thread

bigbadboss101
I am working up north and the place I am staying at has a single bed. As I might be staying longer I am looking at a Queen. Here we have the Brick and Sear, that's it.
Serta, Seely, Serta are the main names people know, and Sears have their own stuff that could be made by similar places.

Prices go for $400 to $4000. What do I need to know? Firmness vs plushness is a matter of preference although we would think firm is better for the back.

Should be good with any bed for $800-1000?
For extra $500 is it worth a look? I don't need pillow top or other pretty features.
doublepostwhore
Sleep country in brentwood, is the biggest, and cheapest mattress distributer of the affirmentioned styles.
dino_martini
I bought one of those Intelligel beds. They get pricey..but damn they are nice. The last matress I bought was from Sleep country..very good sales staff..everything. Sleep Country probably has the best delivery guys I have ever experianced..
tylere
+1 for Sleep Country.

I just recently bought a mattress from them during their mix and match sale. I got the mattress and box spring for 2,200 that was regularly 3,100. When they delivered them the only difference was the box spring was a different shade of white from the mattress.... When you go in their just tell them how you sleep and such and they will show you the mattress's that will suit you best, plus if you get it home and after a few months it still don't feel right they will exchange it for a different one.
Since you don't have a sleep country near there I would go to both stores and pick out the mattress that works best, go in and lay down on a few. Itís the only way you will find out which one will suite you best. Sears mattresses are usually made by Simmons.
Crymson
i bought from sleep country, its pretty good.

Buy what you think is comfortable, and just tell the salesmen that you'll come find them when you're ready, there is alot of bullshit with bed salesmen.
CRXguy
I bought a Sealy pillowtop Queen mattress last year from Costco. They usually have coupons that you save $150+ from time to time.
justincalgary
I sell mattresses and furniture.

the sealy at costco uses a bonnel coil, which would be equivalent to a guest room bed.

Sleep country, the bay and sears are all the most expensive places to buy beds.

intellibeds. gimmick product, doesn't last that long. we brought the gel into our store and we are half the price of intellibeds, but if someone is looking for it, we try to sway them away from it. way to expensive for what it is.

the brick and leons, they work with the saying....you get what you pay for.

When shopping for a mattress, most salespeople will start ranting about the cashmere or silk cover and how many coils a bed has. Coil count is almost irrelevant. The most important thing about a mattress is the density of foam on the coil. Where mass manufacturers fail is in that foam area. They used to make a great product, now they don't. In the mid to late 90's they downgraded the foam from high density to low density and are expected to last only 5 years.

If anyone is looking for a great mattress or furniture just come into Halstead, my store down in Deerfoot Meadows and ask for Justin. I will get you exactly what you want and give beyonders 10% off.

Please don't buy mass manufactured garbage, your bed is the most important thing you can buy.
justincalgary
Originally posted by tylere
+1 for Sleep Country.

Sears mattresses are usually made by Simmons.

Sears-o-pedic is actually made by King Koil

adamc
justin makes good points, and he's got a nazzy avatar, I trust him!
justincalgary
Originally posted by adamc
justin makes good points, and he's got a nazzy avatar, I trust him!

hahah thanks

Go Canucks Go

bigbadboss101
Sounds good. I am in Fort Mac. No sleep country, costco, leon etc. We have Sears and The Brick. I guess one can go to Edmonton and have them deliver. I would guess you'll have to spend enough to get them to drive 400km north.
FiveFreshFish
I have a heated mattress pad that lets me keep the rest of the house colder at night. Saves me a lot in energy costs.

http://www.sunbeambedding.com/produ...spx?ProductID=2
Xtrema
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
I have a heated mattress pad that lets me keep the rest of the house colder at night. Saves me a lot in energy costs.

http://www.sunbeambedding.com/produ...spx?ProductID=2

Hope you don't have to get up in the middle of the night and pee. :D

nonsane
I bought mine from mattress depot,

and it was 850$ for a pillowtop mattress.(and a free sheep) and it's awesome.

And as with anywhere inspect your bed before you sign saying you got it.
dino_martini
Originally posted by justincalgary
intellibeds. gimmick product, doesn't last that long. we brought the gel into our store and we are half the price of intellibeds, but if someone is looking for it, we try to sway them away from it. way to expensive for what it is

Honestly, I bought one and yes it was expensive but its the best mattress I have ever had. Bought it about three months ago and its been fine so far.

justincalgary
Originally posted by dino_martini

Honestly, I bought one and yes it was expensive but its the best mattress I have ever had. Bought it about three months ago and its been fine so far.

I do not ever like cutting someone down on what they thought was an informative decision, but let me know how your expensive bed is looking in a couple of years. The salesmen there are very good at selling something that they know doesn't live up to its hype. I have had a few clients already replacing the intellibed form just over a year ago. There are two main problems with their mattresses, (1) The gel isn't spread across the entire mattress, it is inlayed with a 4" foam border (2) the gel columns stop coming back to a standing position after about a years use, and because the product is actually out of Florida, good luck with a warranty. Just my two cents.

justincalgary
Originally posted by nonsane

Nothing against the guys at Mattress Depot, but that is where we send out low end people to.

nonsane

Nothing against the guys at Mattress Depot, but that is where we send out low end people to.

They had mostly the same beds as sleep country and they were 300-400$ cheaper....

bluetek
Any warranty on these gel beds?
nonlinear
justinincalgary,

what is your opinion on IKEA beds? i was there about a month ago, and some of their more expensive combinations were pretty damn comfortable.

but what is your opinion on construction/quality?
adamc
^ crap
HRD2PLZ
I bought my bed from Sleep Country and haven't had any problems. I went with a Sealy (can't remember which one) with a pillow top. So comfortable :love:
sputnik
Originally posted by nonlinear
justinincalgary,

what is your opinion on IKEA beds? i was there about a month ago, and some of their more expensive combinations were pretty damn comfortable.

but what is your opinion on construction/quality?

As strange as it seems. I have been sleeping on an IKEA Sultan mattress for 5 years now without any comfort issues.

I was told at the time that they were made by Sealy.

:dunno:

abyss
Originally posted by sputnik

As strange as it seems. I have been sleeping on an IKEA Sultan mattress for 5 years now without any comfort issues.

I was told at the time that they were made by Sealy.

:dunno:

:werd: me and Hampstor sleep on an IKEA matress as well, no complaints from me in the 2+ years we've had ours.

justincalgary
Originally posted by adamc
^ crap

100% agree

justincalgary
Mass manufactured bed makers have put tonnes of money into finding out how long the average person will sleep on something until they claim a warranty or buy a new one. Most people would rather just buy a new one after 5 years than actually claim a warranty, so that is the life expectancy of new mattress's.

The first thing to break down on a bed is the quilted area on the top, when that happens it starts to sag. For a mass manufactured (name brand) bed to actually be under warranty, there cannot be any stains whatsoever and for it to be sagging at least 2 inches. No one in their right mind can sleep on a bed that sags that much, so they just end up buying new again assuming that it was a lemon.
v2kai
any words on the King Koil lineup? i got quoted 425 for a double with boxset (side guard or w/e it's called) from a place just off mcknight in the north, they got a cheap queen with boxset going for 350....(no edge guard)
i dont care about frills and frankly could probably sleep on the floor for all i care, just gotta get a bigger mattress to better accomodate the wife :thumbsup: i've had this mattress for as long as i can remember...so i'm really not the pickiest of sleepers

any other recommendations for cheap mid grade double or queen sets?
msommers
anyone ever tried that memoryfoam stuff I see advertised on TV, MADE BY NASA they say. Seems like a big foamie to me but who knows.
Ntense_SpecV
I've heard that one of the reasons that beds can be cheaper at places like Leon's or the Brick is because they stock all their mattresses in a warehouse. Sears doesn't and all their beds come straight from the manufacturer - at least that's what I was fed when it comes to why the same bed is more expensive at Sears.

Oh and a pillow top kicks serious ass the only downside is not being able to flip the mattress.
TrevorK
Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV
I've heard that one of the reasons that beds can be cheaper at places like Leon's or the Brick is because they stock all their mattresses in a warehouse. Sears doesn't and all their beds come straight from the manufacturer - at least that's what I was fed when it comes to why the same bed is more expensive at Sears.

Sears will matched anyone's price on the same product.

I even found their Searsopedic line was a reasonable price when I was shopping.

TrevorK
The key to buying any bed is to make sure it feels right to you. Everyone has a different tolerance.

What I'd recommend is try out a bunch of beds, find the ones you like, then read the specifications on them. There is most likely going to be a pattern, such as they are all pocket coils, metal-bar boxspring, etc..... Find out which features you like, then shop for a bed based on that.

If the Searsopedic pocket coil for $900 is the most comfortable bed to you in your price range, then why listen to anyone who is trying to sway you otherwise? Determine the features you want in a bed (By comparing and trying them out) then find one in your price range.

YOU are the one who has to live with it, no anyone else.
legendboy
Originally posted by nonsane

I bought a king size king koil ortho 8000 from mattress depot. sooooooo nice :thumbsup:

v2kai
legendboy has a king koil...:thumbsup: that's all i needed to know lol SOLD.
FiveFreshFish
Oh and a pillow top kicks serious ass the only downside is not being able to flip the mattress.

You can if it's got pillow tops on both sides.

CasperWho
:werd:
dual sided pillow tops are great..
rusich
I usually go for the most firm matress I can find. Sex is just better on a firm matress.
Billy_Billions
Bought a Serta from the Brick 4 years ago and I'm trying to claim my warranty now. They are giving me the run around saying that it's not on the right bed frame and a load of other bullshit that isn't true. Anyone got any advice on how to get through this without having to buy a brand new bed? My warranty says they should replace the thing.
justincalgary
Originally posted by Billy_Billions
Bought a Serta from the Brick 4 years ago and I'm trying to claim my warranty now. They are giving me the run around saying that it's not on the right bed frame and a load of other bullshit that isn't true. Anyone got any advice on how to get through this without having to buy a brand new bed? My warranty says they should replace the thing.

Is your bed frame one of the metal types? If so, as long as you have 6 wheels under it, then it is the right type, if you just took a double and sized it up with only 4 legs than they are correct. Serta is the worst company for warranties. They just don't care.

justincalgary
Originally posted by rusich
I usually go for the most firm matress I can find. Sex is just better on a firm matress.

Firm mattresses typically cause more problems than anything. If you are a back sleeper than they work well, but if you sleep on your side it will create pressure point problems in your hips and shoulders. If you ever wake up and your whole arm is asleep, then you are probably sleeping on too firm of a mattress.

justincalgary

The reason the Brick and Leon's are cheaper is because they are in that market to sell garbage. The Sears - Pedic is actually built by King Koil and is also garbage. The actual Sears and Sertas at Sears are a better bed than The Brick and Leons, but they are way over priced because of Sear's name.

The four most expensive places to buy a bed are Sears, The Bay Sleep Country, and Inteli-Beds

justincalgary
Originally posted by TrevorK

Sears will matched anyone's price on the same product.

You will never ever find the same bed at any store in Canada, they change the name and cover from each store so that it is impossible to shop around.

justincalgary
Originally posted by msommers
anyone ever tried that memoryfoam stuff I see advertised on TV, MADE BY NASA they say. Seems like a big foamie to me but who knows.

The actual brand name Tempurpedic is a great bed, not just a foamy. It is very overpriced, but nonetheless a good bed. Memory foam is getting harder and harder to buy, alot of places like Costco and Wal-Mart are bringing in lower density versions and selling them for cheap. Unless you know anything about foam you will buy theirs thinking it is the same. The best memory foam will last you 15 years, whereas a lesser quality will last only 1 year.

legendboy
Originally posted by rusich

Sex is best served on a bouncy mattress :thumbsup:

v2kai
alright so basically so far the mattress guy has just said everything sucks.....so what doesnt suck? that's the more important question and what doesnt suck for someone looking to buy a cheap bed that could sleep on a concrete floor comfortably?
i'm not gonna go out and spend thousands of dollars on a mattress set, so if u had my lower end budget what would you buy?

(justincalgary)
Billy_Billions

Is your bed frame one of the metal types? If so, as long as you have 6 wheels under it, then it is the right type, if you just took a double and sized it up with only 4 legs than they are correct. Serta is the worst company for warranties. They just don't care.

It's a wooden frame. Metal center bar and about a dozen wooden slats running across. The bed is a queen double pillow top.

What I love the most is the week-long wait I had to get the guy to come over and asess the beds condition, so he spends litterally seven minutes looking at the bed...sayd the box spring is crooked and leaves with a bunch of vague comments.

After a month of calling the Bricks' service center I finally get ahold of a manager and she tells me I won't be getting a new bed because I have no center support - which I do. Then she asks me if I have wooden slats. As if none of this info was written on the techs report. Unbelieveable service with this company.

v2kai

It's a wooden frame. Metal center bar and about a dozen wooden slats running across. The bed is a queen double pillow top.

What I love the most is the week-long wait I had to get the guy to come over and asess the beds condition, so he spends litterally seven minutes looking at the bed...sayd the box spring is crooked and leaves with a bunch of vague comments.

After a month of calling the Bricks' service center I finally get ahold of a manager and she tells me I won't be getting a new bed because I have no center support - which I do. Then she asks me if I have wooden slats. As if none of this info was written on the techs report. Unbelieveable service with this company.

the only logical path of action is arson. burn their building down. lol...shitty deal, warranty claiming always seems to suck balls, g/l with that

Billy_Billions
This is one battle I plan on fighting to the end. I spent over $1500 on this matress and barely got 2 years out of it. I just need to find a chink in their armor....or burn their building down. Whatever comes first.
justincalgary
This is one battle I plan on fighting to the end. I spent over $1500 on this matress and barely got 2 years out of it. I just need to find a chink in their armor....or burn their building down. Whatever comes first.

I used to sell Serta and whenever I had a customer whom had a hard time claiming a warranty, I would secretly give them Serta's head office phone number to bitch about their warranty rep in Alberta. I will try to find that number for you again.

justincalgary
Originally posted by v2kai
alright so basically so far the mattress guy has just said everything sucks.....so what doesnt suck? that's the more important question and what doesnt suck for someone looking to buy a cheap bed that could sleep on a concrete floor comfortably?
i'm not gonna go out and spend thousands of dollars on a mattress set, so if u had my lower end budget what would you buy?

(justincalgary)

Basically its gonna sound like a ploy by a mattress salesman,but the only good beds to buy are the ones where you know exactly what is going in it. I didn't say the Tempurpedic was garbage, just overpriced. Labbe Beds make a good bed, but again it is typically all foam. The company I work for is a smaller business similar to Labbe but we make all types of mattresses. The most important part of your bed is the foam on the coil. We only use high density foam, period. My queen sets with a one-sided pillow top start at $577. But because we aren't some massive name brand, we automatically lose credibility. Although we have been in business for 18 years. Some people just have to buy name brands, to each their own.

justincalgary

I used to sell Serta and whenever I had a customer whom had a hard time claiming a warranty, I would secretly give them Serta's head office phone number to bitch about their warranty rep in Alberta. I will try to find that number for you again.

the number you might want to try is 259-8661. Serta's are actually made here and that is a direct line to them. Explain your situation and they can probably help. If not let me know, I can send someone over and write a letter on behalf of you. What I do recommend is to take a digital picture of the mattress with no sheets on, take a pic of the foundation with no mattress and a flat 2x4 laying on it to show sagging, and then finally a picture of the frame with no matt or box in it and email it off to head office for Serta, probably back east or something, I am sure google will help you with that.

justincalgary
Originally posted by legendboy

Sex is best served on a bouncy mattress :thumbsup:

I tend to like humping on the old school waterbeds, just let the waves do the work.:thumbsup:

v2kai

Basically its gonna sound like a ploy by a mattress salesman,but the only good beds to buy are the ones where you know exactly what is going in it. I didn't say the Tempurpedic was garbage, just overpriced. Labbe Beds make a good bed, but again it is typically all foam. The company I work for is a smaller business similar to Labbe but we make all types of mattresses. The most important part of your bed is the foam on the coil. We only use high density foam, period. My queen sets with a one-sided pillow top start at $577. But because we aren't some massive name brand, we automatically lose credibility. Although we have been in business for 18 years. Some people just have to buy name brands, to each their own.

queen set like with box and all that sorta good stuff? i'll do quality over name i'm not really a brand person, if it's good it's good and that's the bottom line. i'm busy as hell these days but if you've got a site or some pictures you've got my interest. send me pm if u've got time as i'm looking to purchase a new set by the end of the month, wallet willing:thumbsup:

Billy_Billions

the number you might want to try is 259-8661. Serta's are actually made here and that is a direct line to them. Explain your situation and they can probably help. If not let me know, I can send someone over and write a letter on behalf of you. What I do recommend is to take a digital picture of the mattress with no sheets on, take a pic of the foundation with no mattress and a flat 2x4 laying on it to show sagging, and then finally a picture of the frame with no matt or box in it and email it off to head office for Serta, probably back east or something, I am sure google will help you with that.

DUDE!

You rock.
I'm going to get on ASAP.

justincalgary

DUDE!

You rock.
I'm going to get on ASAP.

Did you ever get this sorted out?

Kritafo
When we tried to deal with a warranty issue with Serta they sent a rep out to the house, they take measurements and bring out a level. Our boxspring was delivered to us with a dint. The price we paid didn't reflect a second, it was a high ender. They told us it wouldn't make a difference within the first year out mattress started to sag, I called again. Again they sent out a rep. They told me normal wear and tear. Tried telling me it was the kids boucing on the bed, total run-around. All this time we tried to get a new one, they wouldn't budge.

3rd year. It's sitting leaning against a wall, nobody wants to sleep on it. Went to the Futon Sheik and bought the biggest warmed firmest futon they had. Haven't woke up with a backache, neckache in 5 years. Cheapest mattress we have ever owned.

But I do hear that Halstead makes a fantastic mattress it was our other choice. But years ago when we lived on 15th and they were on 17th ave we looked onto the back of their store, often wondered if they were rebuilding old mattresses since they always had bins full of frames with nothing on them. Not new frames either. Always thought it was weird. Stuck in our minds. So Justin, what do they do with them? Is it old mattress sets they are picking up? Do they strip them down?
Billy_Billions

Did you ever get this sorted out?

I actually didn't get around to calling Serta until last week.
I faxed over a bunch of info and she said that a rep will get a hold of me this week.

Unfortunately they deal with the same techs that the Brick uses and she was going to send out the same guy that came and looked at my mattress in the first place.

I'm hoping the 3rd time is the charm.

justincalgary
Originally posted by Kritafo
When we tried to deal with a warranty issue with Serta they sent a rep out to the house, they take measurements and bring out a level. Our boxspring was delivered to us with a dint. The price we paid didn't reflect a second, it was a high ender. They told us it wouldn't make a difference within the first year out mattress started to sag, I called again. Again they sent out a rep. They told me normal wear and tear. Tried telling me it was the kids boucing on the bed, total run-around. All this time we tried to get a new one, they wouldn't budge.

3rd year. It's sitting leaning against a wall, nobody wants to sleep on it. Went to the Futon Sheik and bought the biggest warmed firmest futon they had. Haven't woke up with a backache, neckache in 5 years. Cheapest mattress we have ever owned.

But I do hear that Halstead makes a fantastic mattress it was our other choice. But years ago when we lived on 15th and they were on 17th ave we looked onto the back of their store, often wondered if they were rebuilding old mattresses since they always had bins full of frames with nothing on them. Not new frames either. Always thought it was weird. Stuck in our minds. So Justin, what do they do with them? Is it old mattress sets they are picking up? Do they strip them down?

I don't understand what you mean by frames? Do you mean coils? It is highly illegal to sell a used bed without informing the client that it is. There is no way we strip beds down and then resell them. If you are meaning coils, when you see the actuall coil that goes into a bed, they are ugly. The little coil samples you see in stores have a nice shiny chrome look to them, they don't look like that in your bed.

msommers
Well after 3 years, I'm really starting to notice a difference in my bed. Normally I sleep almost right in the middle. It's such a big difference of when I corner myself to sleep on the edge of the mattress, I can get some support, otherwise I end up righ tin the middle. When I change the sheets, I can actually see the position where I sleep, it's brutal. I believe the mattress is a King Koil, not sure of the model.

My bed is an Ikea bed. It's got a metal bar running right down the middle, with wood slates running down either side of the bar.

Is it a problem that I have only 4 legs, as before you mentioned 6 is preferred? Is there a way I can save this mattress or is it toast? I think I've flipped it 3 times since I've owned it.

I'm already starting to notice back problems and I'm always tired. Maybe the mattress I got was a little too soft to begin with? Or does this even matter? It has a pillow top on both sides of the mattress.

So is it the bed or the mattress or both? The bed feels solid, maybe to test I should sleep on the floor with just the mattress?

Will getting a boxspring make the mattress last longer or is there another point to this? I'm almost at the point to where I'm going to dip into my savings account to buy something decent, as my parents are argueing I just got it too soft and I have to deal with it.

Justin you seem to know your stuff, could you elaborate for me?
redline

If anyone is looking for a great mattress or furniture just come into Halstead, my store down in Deerfoot Meadows and ask for Justin. I will get you exactly what you want and give beyonders 10% off.

i buy my beds from there, they make excellent beds for a great price!!! :thumbsup:

SOAB

I sent you a pm man. hit me back.

jdmakkord
I'm loving my halstead bead I picked up last week!!! I haven't slept this good in years:thumbsup:
justincalgary
Well after 3 years, I'm really starting to notice a difference in my bed. Normally I sleep almost right in the middle. It's such a big difference of when I corner myself to sleep on the edge of the mattress, I can get some support, otherwise I end up righ tin the middle. When I change the sheets, I can actually see the position where I sleep, it's brutal. I believe the mattress is a King Koil, not sure of the model.

My bed is an Ikea bed. It's got a metal bar running right down the middle, with wood slates running down either side of the bar.

Is it a problem that I have only 4 legs, as before you mentioned 6 is preferred? Is there a way I can save this mattress or is it toast? I think I've flipped it 3 times since I've owned it.

I'm already starting to notice back problems and I'm always tired. Maybe the mattress I got was a little too soft to begin with? Or does this even matter? It has a pillow top on both sides of the mattress.

So is it the bed or the mattress or both? The bed feels solid, maybe to test I should sleep on the floor with just the mattress?

Will getting a boxspring make the mattress last longer or is there another point to this? I'm almost at the point to where I'm going to dip into my savings account to buy something decent, as my parents are argueing I just got it too soft and I have to deal with it.

Justin you seem to know your stuff, could you elaborate for me?

If you are using what you say you are using for a slat package, that is more than sufficient. Unfortunately, the only way you are going to be able to get warranty on it is if it is sagging at least 2 inches, before you lay on it. I highly doubt it is or you would have tossed it away by now. I have actually had some clients tell me that they have slept on their guest bed while they had a dresser on their bad bed to make it sag to the proper amount before calling for a warranty. There is nothing that you can do to your bed to make it comfortable again. Even if you buy a topper, it will just follow the lines of the bed.

As for it being to soft, that is just a personal preference, no one can tell you how firm or soft of a bed that you should sleep on, not even your DR. or chiro. My back is completely messed from too many years of sports and I sleep on my stomach on the softest bed you can find. Not supposed to be good for you, but it works.

justincalgary
Originally posted by redline

i buy my beds from there, they make excellent beds for a great price!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks, we just need better name awerness and everyone will be rolling.

justincalgary
Originally posted by SOAB

I sent you a pm man. hit me back.

pm sent

justincalgary
Originally posted by jdmakkord
I'm loving my halstead bead I picked up last week!!! I haven't slept this good in years:thumbsup:

That is awesome, and remember if you aren't completely satisfied, call me up and we'll change your inserts. Enjoy, it's an awesome bed.

How did the pick up go, was the guy nice to you?

Justin

msommers

If you are using what you say you are using for a slat package, that is more than sufficient. Unfortunately, the only way you are going to be able to get warranty on it is if it is sagging at least 2 inches, before you lay on it. I highly doubt it is or you would have tossed it away by now. I have actually had some clients tell me that they have slept on their guest bed while they had a dresser on their bad bed to make it sag to the proper amount before calling for a warranty. There is nothing that you can do to your bed to make it comfortable again. Even if you buy a topper, it will just follow the lines of the bed.

As for it being to soft, that is just a personal preference, no one can tell you how firm or soft of a bed that you should sleep on, not even your DR. or chiro. My back is completely messed from too many years of sports and I sleep on my stomach on the softest bed you can find. Not supposed to be good for you, but it works.

Thanks for the response. Kind of a shitty deal about the warranty issue, I'm not even sure how long the warranty is good for anyways. Well at least the bed isn't the problem, that's one thing down:)

So it's all about the foam density, not necessarily how firm or soft it is at the beginning ie: softer beds will deteriorate faster than firm ones?

What kind of prices are we dealing with concerning a double sized mattress? Thanks Justin for the help

Dirty_SOHC
I have a fairly new queen size simmons box frame for free if someone wants to pick it up. Shoot me a pm if you are interested

Thanks!
justincalgary

Thanks for the response. Kind of a shitty deal about the warranty issue, I'm not even sure how long the warranty is good for anyways. Well at least the bed isn't the problem, that's one thing down:)

So it's all about the foam density, not necessarily how firm or soft it is at the beginning ie: softer beds will deteriorate faster than firm ones?

What kind of prices are we dealing with concerning a double sized mattress? Thanks Justin for the help

Foam firmness isn't related to the density.

Density is what the foam weighs, i.e. a 12 x 12 x 12 cube weighs 2lbs. = 2lb. density foam

The firmness level is jusdged by how much weight it takes to compress it 25%. i.e. 2040 foam = 20 = 2.0lb density 40 = 40 lbs/sq. inch to compress

2023 = soft
2031 = medium
2040 = firm

There are alot of foams not just those 3, but that is the main three that people use.

5hift
bump

looking for a decent second bed - if anyone knows if any good sales on right now or anything

Do you want to post a reply? This is a car forums archive, to participate in daily discussions on cars, visit our forums website and register today! Its free.

For the latest automotive news, visit the car blog